ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Sri Lanka win the toss and decide to bat first.

India drop Shami and Chahal. Kuldeep and Jadeja in. Kolhi says one of the two dropped was forced, I hope it's not Shami. :/

Edit: bat first
Judging from what was said here when Kuldeep was dropped for the last game but Chahal was retained because he's Kohli's mate, I'd guess Chahal was the forced change. Unless he wants to give his second choice spinner a go and his first choice a rest in a deadrubber.

Sanche7

Man that batting is deeeeeppppp. Jadeja at #8 with Bhuvi at #9 is almost as deep as England's batting lineup. But as they say, if 7 proper batsmen couldn't score, the chances of the batsman batting at #8 doing it, are slim

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Judging from what was said here when Kuldeep was dropped for the last game but Chahal was retained because he's Kohli's mate, I'd guess Chahal was the forced change. Unless he wants to give his second choice spinner a go and his first choice a rest in a deadrubber.
Commentators have not mentioned any injuries, so I guess it must what you said.

Bumrah is beautiful to watch. :)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Man Kusal Perera is practically a Jayasuriya clone.

Sanche7

If Jadeja bowls well, I would like to see India go with the three pacers and Jadeja at Edgebaston. Jadeja is very good at stopping the flow of runs and containing he batsmen. He may not get many wickets but he'll save a few runs on the field and won't concede many runs. I think that's what's going to be necessary going forward, containing the English batting.

Just look at England's bowling, they don't have one bowler who can be called as a wicket taking top class bowler, but they score high and then contain by bowling good line and length plus a truck load of cutters. Contain the batsman, stop the flow of runs and the wickets will start to fall as the batsman are forced to taking risks

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Commentators have not mentioned any injuries, so I guess it must what you said.

Bumrah is beautiful to watch. :)
Aye, I'm in no position to follow the politics of the Indian team so I mainly go off what I read here.

Should have had the second wicket there.

Skills

Snitch

Bowlers stats since 2015 against the World Cup teams (apart from Afghanistan). I've sorted them by Avg x SR.

Starc's in a class of his own. Boult, Yadav, Fizz & Bumrah are bunched up pretty close.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Bowlers stats since 2015 against the World Cup teams (apart from Afghanistan). I've sorted them by Avg x SR.

Starc's in a class of his own. Boult, Yadav, Fizz & Bumrah are bunched up pretty close.
The last column is a little pointless, to be honest. Doesn't really tell you anything otherwise an interesting table.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
Zak was an incredible bowler.
I've seen some terrific spells of pace and swing bowling from Indian pacers. RP Singh when he broke through, Ishant Sharma down under when he tormented Ponting, Zak when he'd get the ball to reverse swing late into test matches. Bumrah's strangling accuracy this world cup has been right up there.

Di Maria's angel

Only took us 8 games to play Jadeja.

Stopped about 10 runs, responsible for the loose shot by Karu and taken a wicket.

AshRK

Only took us 8 games to play Jadeja.

Stopped about 10 runs, responsible for the loose shot by Karu and taken a wicket.
I still don't think he will play in the semis. Can see is going with 3 pacers and a spinner and pandya against England. Maybe at lords if we play the final he would play but doubt at edgbaston

NinjaFletch

So with five games left is anyone else a bit surprised at how many spaces there are in the team of the tournament?

Sharma, Shakib and Starc are locks but beyond that I'm struggling to really nail down places, especially for a spinner and a wicket keeper. A lot of people have had good tournaments (Warner, Finch, Root, Williamson, Bairstow, Kohli, Babar,Mustafizur , Archer, Bumrah, Amir, Afridi, Ferguson) but is it wrong of me to think that only those first three have had great ones?

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
So with five games left is anyone else a bit surprised at how many spaces there are in the team of the tournament?

Sharma, Shakib and Starc are locks but beyond that I'm struggling to really nail down places, especially for a spinner and a wicket keeper. A lot of people have had good tournaments (Warner, Finch, Root, Williamson, Bairstow, Kohli, Babar,Mustafizur , Archer, Bumrah, Amir, Afridi, Ferguson) but is it wrong of me to think that only those first three have had great ones?
Bairstow, Williamson and Bumrah are definite lock ins. I'd argue that Kohli and Stokes should be in as well.

MDFC Manager

I still don't think he will play in the semis. Can see is going with 3 pacers and a spinner and pandya against England. Maybe at lords if we play the final he would play but doubt at edgbaston
DK should make way for him. Definitely should play.

Di Maria's angel

Without checking stats, I'd go Sharma Roy Kohli (c) Shakib Williamson Babar Stokes Neesham Starc Bumrah Ferguson.

I'd go with the most influential players for each team.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Carey been a class above the rest. Solid keeper and runs every time they've been in a spot of bother.

Skills

Snitch

Playing them in position :

1. Sharma
2. Roy
3. Shakib
4. Smith
5. Stokes
6. Pandya
7. Carey (WK)
8. Amir
9. Ferguson
10. Bumrah
11. Starc

3 x IND
3 x AUS
1 x BAN
2 x ENG
1 x PAK
1 x NZ

Sounds about right.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
I was rather hoping for Sri Lanka to post a total that would test Pant and Karthik.

Anything below 200 and Rohit and Kohli will probably take care of it as usual.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Hope SL make a game of this. At least there’ll be some interest for the crowd.
ATM India will polish them off in no time

NinjaFletch

Carey been a class above the rest. Solid keeper and runs every time they've been in a spot of bother.
I'd go along with that, but he hasn't had that much of a better tournament than Buttler (less runs at a worse strike rate) and I think most of us would say that Buttler has disappointed.

I guess we're spoilt in this era with having keepers that can get into the side on their batting and it hasn't quite happened for any of them.