ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Defensive. Saw some post online which echoes how I feel - played finger spinners, lost champions trophy and spent two years preparing with wrist spinners. Now changed tactics at the time of asking. Should be Kuldeep or shami for Jadeja. He will do well on some days but I'd back the other two.
I m fine with Jadeja playing. Kuldeep is not at his best otherwise zero chance he is dropped but needed to make the change earlier. Kuldeep getting cloberred against England spooked them probably.

MDFC Manager

Seam and swing, Shami's absence looks glaring already.

More importantly, NZ bowling against some of our batsmen isn't something I look forward to.

AshRK

This is a huge wicket. Guptill is someone who can take the game away from you. Difference between chasing 350 plus and not was his wicket. Now let us get Williamson early.

prateik

Bumrah is the only bowler NZ have to see off.. 20 overs from Pandya and Jadeja. Once the ball stops swinging, Bhuvi is pretty tame..

They might not be free scoring, but the only danger bowler is Bumrah.. Why Guptill went poking is beyond me.. stupid shot.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Bumrah is the only bowler NZ have to see off.. 20 overs from Pandya and Jadeja. Once the ball stops swinging, Bhuvi is pretty tame..

They might not be free scoring, but the only danger bowler is Bumrah.. Why Guptill went poking is beyond me.. stupid shot.
Aye, he's ridiculously out of nick. I've backed Guptill as a good player going through a rough patch in this thread but when a player's continually backfiring at the top of the order on the biggest stage you have to question his level. Nicholls and Colin Munro certainly don't look good enough but I've been so disappointed with Guptill.

Sanche7

Don’t get the point of having 6 proper batsmen and 2 all rounders who are more than capable with the bat. Should drop DK and play Jadeja in his place. Bring Shami in. That’s a much more balanced side. DK has done nothing to play in the Semi Finals whereas Shami has. Ridiculous team selection if you ask me

prateik

Bumrah is insane.

NZ's best hope is to see off the new ball. Bat well.. Get to 270+
Hope their new ball bowlers can get Rohit early. and hope the pitch slows down.

MDFC Manager

Bumrah is a bit too unplayable, would probably have more wickets if he a was a bit less unplayable :houllier:

Sanche7

Tight start won’t matter if they fail to get wickets. The bowling after this is meh

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Bumrah is very good... NZ need to get to at least 280 to have any chance

MDFC Manager

Bhuvi has been four times as expensive as bumrah with no wickets. horrible decision to drop Sharma for him.
Yes, Shami should have started the tournament in fact.

Quite amazing that our second highest wicket taker only played while Bhuvi was injured :houllier:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
He looked okay against Nicholls. I'd be more worried about Hardik and the fact that Williamson looks ridiculously in good touch. He just shouldn't be a fifth bowler for us. Useless
Hardik has been fine in this tournament. Great fifth bowler.