ICC World T20 2016

NinjaFletch

Didn't bat well enough, haven't bowled well enough, haven't fielded well enough.

Not much you can do when you come up against this, but we've made it so easy for him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hope to see Russell perform with the bat. Absolutely lethal batsmen.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Yup. He hits them very very big when he gets going.
If Gayle and Samuels get them off to a good start then the Sammy and Russell become as dangerous as anyone. You really don't want those two with the freedom to slog.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Gayle's T20 record is incredible, averages 43 @ a SR of 150 with seventeen 100's, only 5 other guys have more than T20 100's.

Varun

Staff
If Gayle and Samuels get them off to a good start then the Sammy and Russell become as dangerous as anyone. You really don't want those two with the freedom to slog.
Yup. Add bravo to that and it's a fantastic batting side. Their bowling is bang average though. Narine is too big a miss for them.

He could turn the bat upside down and hit Jordan for six with the handle.
Jordan had decent figures in the end

4-0-24-0

It was the others who got some tap, particularly Stokes, going for 42 from his 3 overs

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Gayle's T20 record is incredible, averages 43 @ a SR of 150 with seventeen 100's, only 5 other guys have more than T20 100's.
Yep. He's the best in the world by a huge distance.

Skills

Snitch
I'm expecting comparable carnage from AB too now that he's opening for SA

NinjaFletch

Not at all if we count international matches.

Kohli is better.
Nah not having that.

Kohli's average is godlike, but its T20 cricket and average doesn't come into it anywhere near as much as it does in other forms.

Gayle has more 50s, more hundreds and a better strike rate both in international and franchise cricket.

fecking 17 centuries. Its insane.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Nah not having that.

Kohli's average is godlike, but its T20 cricket and average doesn't come into it anywhere near as much as it does in other forms.

Gayle has more 50s, more hundreds and a better strike rate both in international and franchise cricket.

Kohli's average is godlike because he's godlike in T20. Got 9 half centuries and two forty's in the last 16 T20 innings. Even with this century I won't be surprised to see Kohli score more than Gayle in this world cup.

Skills

Snitch
Nah not having that.

Gayle has also played a lot more t20 cricket tbf. Kohli made piss easy work of a similar target SA set him in the last World cup semi final. He's just as effective, just a different way of doing it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Kohli is a consistent match winner, Gayle isn't. Kohli will guide you home 9 out of 10 times.

For explosiveness and pure power however is Gayle much more fun to watch.

prath92

Gayle is one dimensional. On his day, he will go beserk. He isn't someone who will play slowly taking quick singles and 2s/3s if the situation demands it. If he can't hit boundaries , he will struggle to score.

Frankly, Kohli, Dhoni, Sangakkara, Mccullum, AB, Hussey are players I'd have over Gayle

Samid

I'm all for more women's games being televised but why on earth have both live games so far featured Bangladesh? This is T20 and none of these Ban girls have a career SR of 90+. Surely you would want to televise even contests rather than one mismatch after another?

Something is wrong when the commentator says at 33/2 after 8.3 overs that 'the batsmen have been much more aggressive in this game'.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Decent effort in the end from Bangladesh. Were never likely to chase England's total but made their highest score.

Day 9: Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan

Samid

If there is going to be any upset in the main round, today is it. SL team looks so uninspiring. Afghanistan have power hitters right down to 9-10, just need one guy to stick around.

prath92

If there is going to be any upset in the main round, today is it. SL team looks so uninspiring. Afghanistan have power hitters right down to 9-10, just need one guy to stick around.
Going by your post record last 2 days, Afghanistan is going to be all out for 70 and SL will chase it in 4 overs :p

Samid

Afghans letting the world down. It's the same pitch a useless lineup scored 200 on yesterday ffs.

Samid

Going by your post record last 2 days, Afghanistan is going to be all out for 70 and SL will chase it in 4 overs :p
Joke is on you.

15-20 runs short I guess but at least they've given themselves something to bowl at.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Gayle is one dimensional. On his day, he will go beserk. He isn't someone who will play slowly taking quick singles and 2s/3s if the situation demands it. If he can't hit boundaries , he will struggle to score.

Frankly, Kohli, Dhoni, Sangakkara, Mccullum, AB, Hussey are players I'd have over Gayle
This is ridiculous. Yeah, he might struggle if he doesn't hit boundaries but that's exceedingly rare and he more than makes up for it. Who gives a feck if he doesn't run when he can hit sixes at will.

Kohli is comparable because of the sheer force of numbers but the rest aren't even close.

Moonred

This is ridiculous. Yeah, he might struggle if he doesn't hit boundaries but that's exceedingly rare and he more than makes up for it. Who gives a feck if he doesn't run when he can hit sixes at will.

Kohli is comparable because of the sheer force of numbers but the rest aren't even close.
AB isn't even close? Although I think Prath is being harsh.

Samid

Would have been a tight finish if they had fielded decently. Is Inzy their fielding coach as well?