ICC World T20 2016

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
Sri Lanka will take some time I guess to get over Sangakarra and Jaywardena. Plus no way should Chandimal be opening.

Not sure about the bowlers these days but we have rarely had more than one or two super bowlers at a time.

Disappointing indeed.

Go on England.

Traub

Shit tournament by us again. These players think they're movie stars over here (especially Faf). We need a complete overhaul of the management to start with.

Moonred

You must be ancient if you remember 92 WC. Everybody wanted to be Jonty
I was 5. I remember bits and pieces of weird information somehow. Like Deepak Patel for NZ. Some run out in the Ind-Pak match. The South Africa rain incident etc. I think I started supporting South Africa for some reason till '99.

Akshay

Staff
Sri Lanka will take some time I guess to get over Sangakarra and Jaywardena. Plus no way should Chandimal be opening.

Not sure about the bowlers these days but we have rarely had more than one or two super bowlers at a time.

Disappointing indeed.

Go on England.
It is a little sad. SL team used to be brimming with talent in early 2000s. I thought they would build on that and go from strength to strength but it hasn't happened.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
It is a little sad. SL team used to be brimming with talent in early 2000s. I thought they would build on that and go from strength to strength but it hasn't happened.
That period is well and truly over. Though I'm dissapointed - Sri Lanka have always been uncommon cricketers from Muralidharan to Malinga, from Dilshan scooping things to the fat ranatunga trying to run between wickets.

This SL team is in general way too normal and average.q

Spoony

The People's President
Their rise in cricket was miraculous, to be fair, it took Sri Lanka 15 years to win the WC. Now compare that to Bangladesh who've had test status for what? 17 years? and are still the whipping boys of international cricket. Not only that but they've got a population of 150m which when compared to Sri Lanka's makes the islanders' improvement in the game an even more fantastic achievement. I'm sure they'll produce more quality players in the future.

roonaldo78

Disappointing indeed.

Go on England.
Chandimal is a very odd one, he has the talent but just does not produce consistently despite being given so many opportunities. He should not be opening but just shows the limited amount of talent available. There are also a few players in this squad who should never have been selected and a lot of this mess was expected since the win in 2014.

The sad thing is that no one is taking responsibility to sort this out and the club cricket environment is just not good enough. The likes of Bangladesh have more talented players coming through the ranks, hopefully Mahela and Sanga can contribute towards improving the club and u19 teams. A lot of work is required in order to compete with the best again.

roonaldo78

Their rise in cricket was miraculous, to be fair, it took Sri Lanka 15 years to win the WC. Now compare that to Bangladesh who've had test status for what? 17 years? and are still the whipping boys of international cricket. Not only that but they've got a population of 150m which when compared to Sri Lanka's makes the islanders' improvement in the game an even more fantastic achievement. I'm sure they'll produce more quality players in the future.
A lot of credit should go to the board and Dav Whatmore for the 96 victory, it was a remarkable achievement when you compare the SL resources with some of the other nations. These days the board is more interested in making money rather than producing cricketers.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Sounds like both of you watch a bit more womens cricket than me. Whats the story with Lydia Greenway? Seems like everyone rates her, but I don't think I've ever seen her play a decent knock. Normally when she does get a score she does it so slowly that it doesn't make the slightest jot of difference.
She's had a few pretty poor years, to be honest. Largely playing on reputation/experience/shortage of batting talent. She's also a very good fielder (heard her called the best in the women's game by commentators).

DOTA

Not looking too good for England women, so far. If Australia can get 140+ and Edwards and Taylor don't make too many, they're doomed.

DOTA

Good finish from England. Think they've just kept themselves in it but Australia firm favourites.

NinjaFletch

I don't think I'm ever going to stop finding it strange that I've played with a few of these Aussie girls.

DOTA

Shot, Tammy! Hopefully that gets her going.

Kristen Beams is the only one playing today, played a bit for our twos a few summers back.

One of our guys is one of the Essex women coaches so whoever they have over for the summer ends up playing a few games for us.
That's cool. Are you a men's team, generally?

NinjaFletch

Shot, Tammy! Hopefully that gets her going.

That's cool. Are you a men's team, generally?
Yeah, literally those girls are the only women players we get. They run a girls side up to U15 level, but we're just not a big enough club to have the talent to run a full womens side, so anyone decent ends up going elsewhere.

DOTA

Fancy Australia here. One wicket and we're in a lot of trouble.

EDIT - And there it is...

NinjaFletch

Presumably this win predictor is calculated off of mens games right? 9RPO is getting pretty tough. England certainly not heavy favourites.

DOTA

Presumably this win predictor is calculated off of mens games right? 9RPO is getting pretty tough. England certainly not heavy favourites.
Must be. Only been four chases this big in the women's game.

Taylor needs to do something special here.

DOTA

Ugh. Oh, well, was always a tough ask. Hope New Zealand can beat them again, in the final.

NinjaFletch

Was wondering why they didn't send Brunt in earlier tbh. At least she'll go down swinging.

NinjaFletch

Was always a very tough ask for England. Probably should have done better after that opening partnership, but they never really got on top of the run-rate.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
At least Australia's women have done what Australia's men couldn't and that is give themselves a shot at winning the tournament. Great to see.