If we have any business left in us, will it be deadline day stuff or straight after CL qualification

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
?

I think we'll see a lot of activity after tonight, qualified or not. Do any of you reckon we'll be involved in a deadline day scramble?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If you're going to sell, and you know how desperate we are, it's in your best interests to stall and stall and stall and let brinkmanship play its hand. Mightn't be Ed's intention, but I think a deadline day scramble could easily happen.

Rich_H_1989

lost in a street fight to van gaal
If anything it'll be a deadline day panic... Barring a disaster tonight we'll quality for the group stages so no panic after tonight.

I think a lot will depend on Sunday's game. If we play as we have so far this season, if we fail to create much and look like we lack goals and don't win I think the pressure will be on. Woodward and LVG will then try to dip back in to the market.

But if we beat Swansea at the weekend then I don't expect us to sign anyone. For some reason the start to the season has pleased LVG and I'm not sure he's convinced we need anyone now.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
If you're going to sell, and you know how desperate we are, it's in your best interests to stall and stall and stall and let brinkmanship play its hand. Mightn't be Ed's intention, but I think a deadline day scramble could easily happen.
It's all about how much fortitude the selling club has.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's going to be the biggest muppet ride of our lives.
Everyone grab hold of something. Except yourselves, don't grab hold of yourselves just yet. In fact, put them back in your trousers until we actually sign someone.

Timdbro

Without wanting to tempt fate, we're almost certainly qualified, so the lack of burning transfer activity at the moment tells you that if anything happens, it will be closer to the deadline.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's going to be quiet. We might sell Evans and Hernandez and that's all business. Maybe De Gea.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I think if it happens then it will be after the champions league group stage draw and before deadline day. I expect us to be quiet on deadline day.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Wow, speculation about whether we're going sign players tomorrow or one week later :lol:

Moby

Dick
I think a lot will depend on Sunday's game. If we play as we have so far this season, if we fail to create much and look like we lack goals and don't win I think the pressure will be on. Woodward and LVG will then try to dip back in to the market.

But if we beat Swansea at the weekend then I don't expect us to sign anyone.
I highly doubt LvG's transfer policy changes on a game to game basis. A man who's been in the business for ages knows way better than that.

Rich_H_1989

lost in a street fight to van gaal
I highly doubt LvG's transfer policy changes on a game to game basis. A man who's been in the business for ages knows way better than that.
No I don't think he'll base it off of one game. He will base it off of all the games so far this season along with last season. Without a true number 9 you can't adopt this possession based game because you won't get the goals to be able to call it a success.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Deadline day approaching midnight - extension required to complete paperwork for Neymar AND Bale. We wake up next morning to find out that Woody has failed to complete paperwork on time.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Deadline is actually slightly different this year - its 5pm on Tuesday 1st September rather than at midnight (or 11pm)
So I think that most if not all deals will be sorted on 31st with only the faxing of paperwork and possibly medicals done on Tuesday.

In an ideal world we would have done all our business already (and who knows perhaps we have done?) but I suspect that there will be a flurry of media speculation based on who does not play for their clubs on Sunday followed by a cringeworthy Jim White day on Monday!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Wow, speculation about whether we're going sign players tomorrow or one week later :lol:
Do you not remember the stateof this place the last time we were involved on deadline day?

It'd be even more mental this time round given our needs and the panic it has generated in some sections of support.
I don't see how tonight would really affect it.. We have the money to spend irrespective this season.
ot really about cash though is it? Verified qualification gives us leverage and makes us a viable option for some players who won't go to a non-CL side.

I know it's easy to say we're a CL team given the lead we have going into tonight's leg , but I doubt agents and players see it like that before the fact.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Is it? That's unusual.
apparently so
When does it close?
Just as it did last year, this summer's window extends into September, as the traditional date of August 31 falls on a Bank Holiday.

But the big change this year is that the deadline will be at 5pm on Tuesday, September 1, six hours earlier than in 2014. That's because Champions League squad lists must be submitted to Uefa by the previous deadline time of 11pm later that day.
http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/2015-summer-transfer-window-open-9411294

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I would like to keep Hernandez. Gotta a feeling he could come in handy this season...
We need to keep him but van Gaal seems to be eager to prove that he can win without actual striker.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I think it does personally. Money means nothing if players want a guarantee of CL football.
I understand the CL thing, but then surely the deal would be done pending final bits... That doesn't stop the club accepting an official bid and us agreeing terms on a proposed basis of attaining CL, yet it would seem as though (and admittedly Social Media is all we have to go by) that we aren't that far in any negotiations for players.

Siorac

We need to keep him but van Gaal seems to be eager to prove that he can win without actual striker.
After often playing with three at the same time last season, you can't deny he's flexible. And yet people call him stubborn!

But seriously, we're not going to sign anyone and will struggle for goals all season, just like last season.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It's going to be quiet. We might sell Evans and Hernandez and that's all business. Maybe De Gea.
We wont sell Hernandez without a replacement

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I know miss the infamous words of Fergie "I am happy with my squad or there is no value in the market"

LVG likes to stir the muppet in us by his comments of "we shall bring player, it is a process"

What he really means is that no one wants to come and Woody is likely to eff it up anyhow, so in a nutshell I can't see anyone coming in now!

MaNNe-

Very very unlikely we will buy anyone. However Valdes, De Gea, Evans and Lindegaard are all probably going. So all business will be outgoing.