I'm not worried we wont challenge for the title.....i'm worried we wont make top 4!

Fully Fledged

And if we win the next 4 are you going to bleat on about 9 out of 22. It is just a selective argument that brings no rewards. We are 5th, 2pts from 4th having been shit all season. Says more about the league than just us.
No but it takes more than one swallow to make a summer.
If we go on a run fair play but a tight 2-1 against Swansea isn't exactly earth shaking.

mattsville

If instead I had said this:

"In the past two months United have not only faced a staggering injury crisis but also the worst form the club has seen in years, and yet they're still only 3 points out of a CL position, and one of the teams above them has been playing so far above their true talent level thus far that there's no chance in Hell they'll be able to maintain their position for much longer"

Would it have been as concerning?
Honestly it makes no odds, we are now in free fall under this manager, state what you will, state what I will, that is what is happening and it will get worse.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
And if we win the next 4 are you going to bleat on about 9 out of 22. It is just a selective argument that brings no rewards. We are 5th, 2pts from 4th having been shit all season. Says more about the league than just us.
I like to deal in facts and we haven't won the next 4 games.
The fact is that in the last 9 games, we have won, 1 game. That's pretty dire and is actually something I'd expect for a team fighting relegation.

The league is shite - I agree. But saying that we are almost in the top 4, in a shite league, isn't something I'd be boasting about.

SalfordRed1960

The fact is that in the last 9 games, we have won, 1 game. That's pretty dire and is actually something I'd expect for a team fighting relegation.

The league is shite - I agree. But saying that we are almost in the top 4, in a shite league, isn't something I'd be boasting about.
I know, but being selective of those facts, e.g. we have won 1 in 9 is also a twist on facts to support a negative argument. why not won 1 in 2, or 9 out of 20 all facts.

It is just as crazy as the guys bleating on about we are on a massive slide, well if we lost 3 on the trot and now we have a draw and then a win maybe it suggests we are on a rise.

The Rafa Fahct is that the last 2 performances were significantly better, than the previous 3 and that is largely due to players coming back, rather than any changes to approach. So slight room for optimism rather than the continuous doom and gloom.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat

The league is not shite. It's very strong, and the top teams are struggling (City and Arse) are struggling to be ruthlessly consistent.

The 3 or 4 teams battling for 3rd and 4th (most likely) are weaker than usual. Everything below that is stronger than ever.

Spock

We're going to make top four...guaranteed. It's top three that I want and we've actually got a puncher's chance at that. But we may have to settle for fourth place.

spwd

We're going to make top four...guaranteed. It's top three that I want and we've actually got a puncher's chance at that. But we may have to settle for fourth place.
It's absolutely NOT guaranteed, if anything it's more likely we finish below 4th, the Chelsea performance was slightly better in patches along with Swansea but we We're far from great, we will be lucky to get 4th, fingers crossed though!

peridigm

The problem is we must play our socks off and count on the teams above us to drop points. They will drop points, but so will we. We're not scoring enough goals so we could lose out on GD, or worse yet, get dropped because fecking Chelsea win the CL. Less likely but stranger things have happened. Just ask Spurs.

Spock

It's absolutely NOT guaranteed, if anything it's more likely we finish below 4th, the Chelsea performance was slightly better in patches along with Swansea but we We're far from great, we will be lucky to get 4th, fingers crossed though!
We may end up being a fair amount of distance behind third place but there really should be no doubt about top four. We don't need to be great to make top four. For third, greatness will be required and I agree with you that we've been far from great and that it's not likely we will be great. We've played horrifying football yet we're only 7 points behind Leicester City, who will slip. Imagine the possibilities if we play merely acceptable football? And if we somehow do go on to play great football top three is well within reach.

Spock

The problem is we must play our socks off and count on the teams above us to drop points. They will drop points, but so will we. We're not scoring enough goals so we could lose out on GD, or worse yet, get dropped because fecking Chelsea win the CL. Less likely but stranger things have happened. Just ask Spurs.
We will have to play our socks off, no question.

FujiVice

This United team isnt a top 4 side. feck that. Not a chance we'll get top four with this "philosophy" (ugh!) This game is depressing the feck out of me at the minute. What a shame we didnt act in December when we should have and sacked him. The standards at Manchester United at the minute are so rock bottom at the minute, that the board feel this shite is acceptable.

stepic

There are at least 4 teams playing better than us. At least

Can't see us making it at this rate. Surely the board must realise it too ffs

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We don't have anywhere near enough goals in this team, to get top 4. Not even close.

Ryan7

If Leicester keep up their remarkable form then I just don't see a way into the top four.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
I'am not worried we won't get top 4... I'am worried 600 million people will die because of boredom watching this utter shite !

Ixion

Really starting to think we'll miss out on top 4 now. :nervous:

rpitchfo

Really starting to think we'll miss out on top 4 now. :nervous:
Very doubtful. But most of us could see this team was 5 or 6 first team starters away from a top 4 squad.

We will finish 6 or 7. Chelsea will finish just ahead of us.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We won't make top 4. For sure. And the club won't sack him until that becomes a mathematical certainty. Such is the pointlessness and spinelessness of our board.

Infra-red

Down to 6th now and one win in our last eight league games. There's absolutely no chance of United finishing top four in this kind of form.

GimmeAKitKat

Four Brown Fingers
Gotta say im really worried for top four now.

I already thought it would be a struggle out-pacing Spurs who seem to be getting better and better as their team matures.

Now we are behind West Ham, who have just got Payet back.

We're also 6 points behind Leicester who have a game in hand and are still in decent form. If Leicester get through February games against City, Liverpool and Arsenal without losing all 3 its going to be very hard i think to catch them the way we are playing.

WyoManU

Guys, guys guys...stop living like it is 1999 again. We are mid table. Let's all be honest. We are about a 7th place side. 4 is a major stretch.

Hed Zitin

Unless some miracle happens in the transfer market I think top four is gone. We don't score and create enough if we're slow and cautious and if we go for it we give away goals cheaply.

bucky

62 points if we keep this up. Not good enough for top 4.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
It is not looking positive. A couple more bad results and we could be some way off.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Can this thread title be changed to

I'am not worried we won't challenge for top 4... I'am worried we will be relegated ?

JoaquinJoaquin

Guys, guys guys...stop living like it is 1999 again. We are mid table. Let's all be honest. We are about a 7th place side. 4 is a major stretch.
Exactly. I'm surprised some people still actually think we are getting Top 4 when we are this mediocre. This season is a write off now just got to try and salvage any fun you can get from it (very little if seems).

itso 7

Top four? That was gone the moment the board chose to fold their hands after the Norwich game, the slim chance we had lay in us getting the new man in and buying our way out of trouble in this window.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's like when Moyes was here, slipping further away game by game. It's gone already.