Internationals October (Nations League + Euro 2021 play-offs + Friendlies)

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Good thing i couldn't watch the Germany game. It's beyond tiring to see these shit results that are well below the players' abilities, even without our A list players.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
First Ireland match I've been actually completely ambivalent about in a long time, even though it's a huge match.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Where does Barnes play Jimmy?
left wing cutting inside to shoot, never played right wing for us or anyone else, it reminds me of when they kept sticking Rashford om the right wing, he'll do a job but you aren't going to see the best of him so put someone there that will produce their best

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
left wing cutting inside to shoot, never played right wing for us or anyone else, it reminds me of when they kept sticking Rashford om the right wing, he'll do a job but you aren't going to see the best of him so put someone there that will produce their best
I think if james keeps the width on that side and he essentially plays off calvert-lewindowski as opposed to rw he will do ok.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Might be the worst England starting XI ever. Feel a bit sorry for Saka and Grealish to come into that.
It's basically England B.

Kieran Trippier being captain tells me everything I need to know about this game.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Finally no Pickford :)
I'll probably end up eating my words but when the vocal fans of average clubs always cry out for their favourite players to be picked for England you end up with rubbish like this, add in Southgate and we've got all the ingredients for a dreadful two hours.

Paul_Scholes18

I'll probably end up eating my words but when the vocal fans of average clubs always cry out for their favourite players to be picked for England you end up with rubbish like this, add in Southgate and we've got all the ingredients for a dreadful two hours.
That is a pretty decent side though. I think the midfield is the problem. It feels like very low level, but I don't follow Leeds closely.
For being a B-side in a friendly it looks good though. DCL has already scored 6 goals and is interesting to follow I would think.
Same with Grealish. Ings has scored a lot the last year. The defense is a bit dull though, but not bad. It is not like the likes of Maguire has done better.

AltiUn

That is a pretty decent side though. I think the midfield is the problem. It feels like very low level, but I don't follow Leeds closely.
For being a B-side in a friendly it looks good though.
The midfield and defence is terrible. The front 3 looks all kinds of weird too.

Classical Mechanic

For being a B-side in a friendly it looks good though. DCL has already scored 6 goals and is interesting to follow I would think.
Same with Grealish. Ings has scored a lot the last year. The defense is a bit dull though, but not bad. It is not like the likes of Maguire has done better.
Phillips is good.

Paul_Scholes18

The midfield and defence is terrible. The front 3 looks all kinds of weird too.
For a B-team it is not that bad. What do you really want? To see Kane, Sancho,Rashford and Sterling?
For defense there is not much better around. I can only think of Maguire really in central defense. Smalling, but he is hated by Southgate.
Mings have done ok in 3 games, but not like he is a world beater.

Oh ok, I think Southgate is making it up as he goes along tbh

AltiUn

For a B-team it is not that bad. What do you really want? To see Kane, Sancho,Rashford and Sterling?
For defense there is not much better around. I can only think of Maguire really in central defense. Smalling, but he is hated by Southgate.
Mings have done ok in 3 games, but not like he is a world beater.
We probably can't do better, that doesn't mean it's not terrible, which it is. I'm calling a dog a dog and being done with it.

Paul_Scholes18

We probably can't do better, that doesn't mean it's not terrible, which it is. I'm calling a dog a dog and being done with it.
I think you have too high standards then. It is not like England has been winning much anyway with so called better teams.
I think Smalling should be in the team though. I think that is a miss.
England got great depth up front I think, but some have poor form like Rashford and Greenwood. I guess Foden and Greenwood are out too.
A pure world class defensive playmaker is missing. A young Carrick would be amazing for this team I think.
In central defense there is no standout player and I guess it could frustrate. I guess it is Maguire who is number 1, but he has been crap this season.
Gomez has been the same after a strong season last year.
I think Coady is pretty good though personally.

Classical Mechanic

I think you have too high standards then. It is not like England has been winning much anyway with so called better teams.
I think Smalling should be in the team though. I think that is a miss.
England got great depth up front I think, but some have poor form like Rashford and Greenwood. I guess Foden and Greenwood are out too.
A pure world class defensive playmaker is missing. A young Carrick would be amazing for this team I think.
In central defense there is no standout player and I guess it could frustrate. I guess it is Maguire who is number 1, but he has been crap this season.
Gomez has been the same after a strong season last year.
I think Coady is pretty good though personally.
Keane is also having an excellent start to the season.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
How good is Conar Coady? Barely heard of him.

Could he be our CB saviour?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Everyone will moan about England no matter what happens.

DCL, Grealish, Saka and Ings fully deserve to be starting, they’ve been fantastic for about a year now and I don’t think anyone can really complain or call them rubbish.

The rest though are meh. You could argue Phillips could be in with those lot too but I don’t see it with him.

Paul_Scholes18

How good is Conar Coady? Barely heard of him.

Could he be our CB saviour?
Don't think he is that good, but in a 3-5-2 he should do well.
Gomez/Walker,Coady, Maguire could be a decent defense.
Not sure that formation suits Sterling and Sancho though so he might not use it.

I feel England have almost too much talent in many areas, but then lack in central midfield to really use a 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 formation.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Don't think he is that good, but in a 3-5-2 he should do well.
Gomez/Walker,Coady, Maguire could be a decent defense.
Not sure that formation suits Sterling and Sancho though so he might not use it.
Interesting. Will have a watch and lets see!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The English in here having a whinge about their squad. :lol:

Wales without Bale and Ramsey is just a group of Championship level cloggers we could find a granny called Sian for. :(

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
ITV are so random, there to talk about international football but couldn’t resist asking keane for a bit of United click bait because Sky never got the chance last week.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Right, I'm going to give England another go. I'm sure they'll be terrible, as usual.

Paul_Scholes18

How are people feeling about the chances to win EC?
I think England at the moment must be in top 3-4 probably.
In terms of pure talent France and Germany should be favorites.
Although they have clear flaws too.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Englishmen who cannot sing.
:lol:

I know right. Was horrible and beautiful at the same time.

I prefer things like this without the fans.

I think trippier was horrible but the tall lad before him had a amazingly deep voice.