Introducing support for Tapatalk mobile app

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Right.. so i wasted 2.99 on this tapatalk :

Can be quite handy on mobile phones, but for ipad, it's kinda gimmick, gives you cleaner reading thru threads, push notifications, easier photo uploading, proxy, profile, and some personalisation on how you want the reading pane displayed, users online, statistic of members, guests, total members, active post etc.

You can also add in your favorites thread for easier keeping up to date.

Can be quite daunting to get used to, and getting back to the desktop version of redcafe.

But if you have lots of forum to moderate / active it can probably be a life saver for you, as it will generalise every forum into one app.

Ok for iPhone but iPad I don't see the advantage.

Dave89

Thanks Niall, gonna download this. And if you go with the Redcafe tapatalk app, count me in for that too.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Some screenie if you can Niall? Will give us better picture on the program.
Took these from the Tapatalk website:

Showing New and Unread Thread and Number of reply:

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

Sw33t

Posting off it now, bought it especially. Works very well, cheers for sorting it!

Edgio

Will it work on my Nokia?
There's a free one on the ovi store, doesn't work for me though.

The development team stopped development and support for the symbian app ages ago apparently.

Need to get rid of this shit phone!

acnumber9

I've just downloaded the app. Takes a bit of getting used too but it's quite good.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I actually love this app... prefer it to the desktop site for browsing the caf. Is there any way of stopping the newbies threads appearing in my 'latest posts' feed?

Sw33t

I actually love this app... prefer it to the desktop site for browsing the caf. Is there any way of stopping the newbies threads appearing in my 'latest posts' feed?
Where do you get that? Can't say I've seen any newbie threads...

Unless you have access to newbies. Then I don't know why I bothered replying

MikeUpNorth

Where do you get that? Can't say I've seen any newbie threads...
It's because I have access to the newbies forums... But I'd rather not have to wade through their rubbish all the time in my latest feed. You have to be in the mood to pop in down there.

Sw33t

It's because I have access to the newbies forums... But I'd rather not have to wade through their rubbish all the time in my latest feed. You have to be in the mood to pop in down there.
Yeah just realised and edited my post.

Which, I have to say, is very easy and quick on tapatalk!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Give me a shout if you would rather not have access Mike.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Downloaded it last night and had a quick look.

Is it really any handier than just accessing through the browser on your phone?

Sw33t

To be honest, I find it incredibly confusing and awkward to use. I find it impossible to just browse through the fora and see if anyone's posted anything new. Am I doing something wrong?
There's two ways of browsing the forum with it from what I can tell. You can either use the 'latest' bit which will show you what threads have just been posted in etc, or you can use the 'forum' tab at the bottom. This allows you to browse each sub forum and each sub forum forum if you know what I mean. That's the way I use it

Just like on a PC basically look through the general, entertainment, transfers whatever. Ones with the dark coloured boxes with the numbers in it are the ones which have posts you haven't read. The white boxes with numbers have no new posts.

I find it a lot easier. No zooming in and out to click on 'go to last post' and things like that. Can choose how many post you want per page too which is nice. Quoting and editing is also a breaze. Guess it's down to personal preference though.

MikeUpNorth

Give me a shout if you would rather not have access Mike.
Thanks but it's ok. I figured out that you can change it to group topics by forum in the latest feed, which works perfectly.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It may be handy for smartphones, although the browsers on tablets seem easier and richer to use.

Jonno

The latest feed is a great tool, also the participated button is very handy - so that you can keep flicking back to threads that you have posted in quickly.

Will try TouchBB on my iPad now

Jonno

It may be handy for smartphones, although the browsers on tablets seem easier and richer to use.
I think the real advantage on smartphones is that tapatalk requires minimal internet strength to work flawlessly, I can even access RC and reply to threads with Edge! (E)

Phil

What's really annoying me is that unlike the main page of the real forums, the app includes forums outside of football in the latest threads.

Don't suppose anyone knows how to customise that list to only show threads from certain forums?

Jonno

What's really annoying me is that unlike the main page of the real forums, the app includes forums outside of football in the latest threads.

Don't suppose anyone knows how to customise that list to only show threads from certain forums?
As of yet I haven't found a way :-(

MikeUpNorth

If you hold down the 'unread' tab on the latest feed, then release it, it will group the feed by forum.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
It looks pretty good, very overwhelming though and the lack of visuals makes it seem a bit strange just being text everywhere.

Plus the logo for their 'soccer' section of their list of forums is a City crest. :mad:

Good for quick postsing though.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Plus the logo for their 'soccer' section of their list of forums is a City crest. :mad:
That's because Bluemoon has the most Tapatalk users in that category. The caf is already 3rd on that list, so if more people start using the app, we'll be top of the list and the United logo will be shown instead of shitty's.

Make it happen people :)

Jonno

It looks pretty good, very overwhelming though and the lack of visuals makes it seem a bit strange just being text everywhere.

Good for quick postsing though.
That's because Bluemoon is currently the most popular sports forum on tapatalk.... That will change soon as more and more Caf's log onto the tapatalk version of RC. Used to so annoy me before we got tapatalk here that City were there!

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Lads what is the green dot next to the user avatars? Is it online status?

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
Right.. so i wasted 2.99 on this tapatalk :

Can be quite handy on mobile phones, but for ipad, it's kinda gimmick, gives you cleaner reading thru threads, push notifications, easier photo uploading, proxy, profile, and some personalisation on how you want the reading pane displayed, users online, statistic of members, guests, total members, active post etc.

You can also add in your favorites thread for easier keeping up to date.

Can be quite daunting to get used to, and getting back to the desktop version of redcafe.

But if you have lots of forum to moderate / active it can probably be a life saver for you, as it will generalise every forum into one app.
Safari on iPad supports the Caf just perfectly. The app is pre-dominantly for iPhone, etc.