Is Antoine Griezmann the most cringeworthy footballer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
My definition? Thought it was the dictionary definition, which is what I looked up after Varun told ActionJackson to look up the meaning of the word.

Make your mind up.
Well, it is cringe (or at the very least pedantic) to try to turn a lighthearted make-fun thread into some statement of moral hipocrisy from football fans regarding more serious faults from football players.

I do understand that is not exactly the point you were making, but it did seem like you were validating his point of view.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Well, it is cringe (or at the very least pedantic) to try to turn a lighthearted make-fun thread into some statement of moral hipocrisy from football fans regarding more serious faults from football players.

I do understand that is not exactly the point you were making, but it did seem like you were validating his point of view.

I don't even know what I'm doing, validating points or not. :lol:

Cringeworthy means more frivolously embarrassing situations and the less serious ones to me too. Upon seeing Varun's invitation for the other dude to look up the meaning of it, I went ahead and did it on his behalf as I was curious as to what it might say. A part of me wondered if it even was a word. The definition I found says it's informal of course and the spellchecker on my browser is flagging it etc. so there's that.

Upon reading the definition I thought to myself that it does kind of fit so posted it. Maybe ActionJackson uses a more strict dictionary definition of the word than we normally would? That would be fair play to me.

Didn't really think of anything from a hypocritical angle, and I'm not massively morally outraged by the indiscretions of the United players that ActionJackson brought up in all honesty. He may be and feel embarrassed, I dunno.

My whole thing was, "hmmm, what does that word actually mean, I've never known officially? Oh the dictionary says that, suppose it works if the things he brought up made him feel awkward".

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
This thread is definitely more „cringe“ than Griezmann. And not world class either.

Sauldogba

He's just milking the "straight" marketing money, which is a shame he feels the need to do that, I bet if he "came out" his marketing value would actually increase give the woke age in which we live.
I dont think cristianos gay or bi.
Hes just a very succesful selfish person.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
It's a stupid word used by the same type of people who use 'lolz' as a word and overuse words like totally, basically, literally and so on.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
I remember that Ronaldo tweet :lol:

Imo Ronaldo takes the biscuit for me, but Griezmann is certainly top 5!

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
What's this Uruguay thing? Him drinking mate and saying he would like to visit?
I think he's referring to the recent international match between Uruguay and France where Griezmann said something along the lines of him feeling it weird to play against them because he somewhat considers himself Uruguayan because of his friendly ties with players that are from Uruguay.

Basically a few Uruguayans were big influences in his development with Sociedad and therefor he considers himself "half-Uruguayan" or whatever equivalent of his statement that might have gotten lost in translation.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think people underestimate how developmentally stunted people become when every whim of theirs is catered by ball carriers from the time they are teenagers.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think he's referring to the recent international match between Uruguay and France where Griezmann said something along the lines of him feeling it weird to play against them because he somewhat considers himself Uruguayan because of his friendly ties with players that are from Uruguay.

Basically a few Uruguayans were big influences in his development with Sociedad and therefor he considers himself "half-Uruguayan" or whatever equivalent of his statement that might have gotten lost in translation.
Pretty much, from the start of his career to this day, he has always been very close to Uruguayans, Gimenez even said that he was basically an other uruguayan in their group, he has the same culture.

Aloysius's Back 3

Footballers were once drinking & smoking.

I'm all for them trying to find fun & entertainment in anyway they can; if they perform on the pitch to a decent level.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Antoine Griezmann doesn't even crack my top 3 cringe footballers. He can't in a world where CR7, Memphis Depay, 'J Lingz', and if we also count former players then Patrice Evra is a strong contender as well.

Pace Abuser

Evra is cringe as feck. Yeh, we get it, you love life. But doing lame childish prancing while chanting your cringe slogan is grossly pathetic mate.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
What the feck? Is that a Portuguese chant?
No, I find that funny because it's so unique.

I think his idea is to say "yes!!!" as a celebratory remark but for some reason decided to translate it to Portuguese ("sim") even though we don't use that as an interjection. It also fails to work because it lacks spontaneity.

RedDevil@84

I hated his Telephone celebration and of course the Fortnite one as well. And also his hair, his La Decision video and such stuff.
But I don't think he is winning the "most cringeworthy" competition.

Btw what did he do now??

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs

Well, that didn't stop him scoring the winner in June :(

I guess it's a reference not just to Godín but Lasarte, the manager giving him a go at Sociedad.

BTW, how is that going @el3mel ?

el3mel

Well, that didn't stop him scoring the winner in June :(

I guess it's a reference not just to Godín but Lasarte, the manager giving him a go at Sociedad.

BTW, how is that going @el3mel ?
Lasarte has been doing fine with us results wise so far though there's still some complains about his style. He actually seems to have good ideas as a coach when he lets the team play freely but a major and annoying trend since he came so far is the team playing great football in first half, scoring several goals then decides to play it passive and even let the opposition control the ball the entire second half. He also seems to be very negative away from home whatever the opposition. It's not a problem in the league but it hurt us the two times we played away in African CL group so far, losing 1 and drawing the other after going down, but at home it's as I said, one half of great football and one half of a passive one.

I'm pleased with the ideas he applies when he lets the team plays freely in some parts of the match, but he seems to be a bit of a coward at some parts though. He needs to realize Al Ahly has an advantage over the entire league and more than half of African teams when it comes to squad and doesn't think much about playing it overly tactical. He can become a success here, easily.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
In a world that contains Neymar, how could Griezmann ever be considered the most cringeworthy footballer?

the_irish123

Thank god I'm not alone on this Griezmann thing. He kept repeating American NBA catch phrases to reporters like "Ice in my veins". Ok when I type it doesn't sound so cringey but with the way he was saying it and his body language, its equivalent of 13 year olds at rap concerts.

Also, he underratedly dived to get France the break through goal at the final. A much worse dive than Neymar because he faked the contact.

El-Buitre

Supports
Real Madrid
Ribery is a Nobel Prize compared to Grizzzou, he is the dumbest player I have seen by a good margin.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Lasarte has been doing fine with us results wise so far though there's still some complains about his style. He actually seems to have good ideas as a coach when he lets the team play freely but a major and annoying trend since he came so far is the team playing great football in first half, scoring several goals then decides to play it passive and even let the opposition control the ball the entire second half. He also seems to be very negative away from home whatever the opposition. It's not a problem in the league but it hurt us the two times we played away in African CL group so far, losing 1 and drawing the other after going down, but at home it's as I said, one half of great football and one half of a passive one.

I'm pleased with the ideas he applies when he lets the team plays freely in some parts of the match, but he seems to be a bit of a coward at some parts though. He needs to realize Al Ahly has an advantage over the entire league and more than half of African teams when it comes to squad and doesn't think much about playing it overly tactical. He can become a success here, easily.
Sounds like Lasarte. Told ya! :lol:

Sauldogba

No, I find that funny because it's so unique.

I think his idea is to say "yes!!!" as a celebratory remark but for some reason decided to translate it to Portuguese ("sim") even though we don't use that as an interjection. It also fails to work because it lacks spontaneity.
What do you use?

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
He's definitely eccentric, but also harmless. Seems passionate and not even too cocky. There are far worse examples out there.

jem

Evra is cringe as feck. Yeh, we get it, you love life. But doing lame childish prancing while chanting your cringe slogan is grossly pathetic mate.
What is this about? Has Evra been up to something recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.