Is there anyone left who wants to defend lvg now?

WyoManU

Not even LVG himself defends LVG. He will walk away in the morning.

Ryan7

Somebody will probably come along and defend drawing 0-0 against a team even shitter than we are.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Keep LVG, Buy Mehraz and Vardy at whatever cost next week. Also sell some of our under performing players to make the point that players have to shoulder some responsibility.

That has a far greater chance of success than sacking him and expect Mourinho or Giggs to do better with this squad.

acnumber9

Keep LVG, Buy Mehraz and Vardy at whatever cost next week. Also sell some of our under performing players to make the point that players have to shoulder some responsibility.

That has a far greater chance of success than sacking him and expect Mourinho or Giggs to do better with this squad.
Or we could get a better manager and let them sign players.

Bojan11

Why give him more money?

Manny

Grammar Police

I think this important. Too many players have been underpar

I would love Woodward to come out and say that we'll be looking to move some of our players on in the Summer. I remember SAF used to do this before he got all sentimental.

acnumber9

Like Mourinho who is in the worst form of his life and does not know anything about this squad?
He doesn't know anything about it? Do you think he lives under a rock? The logic here seems to be we'll stick with this shite manager just in case the next one is shite too. That's madness.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He doesn't know anything about it? Do you think he lives under a rock? The logic here seems to be we'll stick with this shite manager just in case the next one is shite too. That's madness.
No. It's simply my belief to back the manager. He has vast experience . Give him the chance to sort out the problem. I think he will sort it out.

bleedred

Many fans live in this fantasy land that if we throw enough money at players they will come. Why would any other club, let alone Leicester, even want to sell their best two players mid season?.

acnumber9

No. It's simply my belief to back the manager. He has vast experience . Give him the chance to sort out the problem. I think he will sort it out.
What evidence do use for that other than blind faith?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
No. It's based on my belief that RIGHT NOW, LVG is the best man to sort out a problem of his creation, that he possesses prioir experience which will guide him.

He has made loads of mistakes, but likewise the injuries of Last month and the pathetic finishing of his strikers was not his fault.

Sure, replace him in the summer, but RIGHT NOW, he needs encouragement and support. Not spoilt fans crying coz they have some dull football for the first time in decades.

WyoManU

No. It's based on my belief that RIGHT NOW, LVG is the best man to sort out a problem of his creation, that he possesses prioir experience which will guide him.

He has made loads of mistakes, but likewise the injuries of Last month and the pathetic finishing of his strikers was not his fault.

Sure, replace him in the summer, but RIGHT NOW, he needs encouragement and support. Not spoilt fans crying coz they have some dull football for the first time in decades.
You have to at least admit that he sold off most of our strikers and left us with Rooney and Fellaini and a 19 year old boy (the best of the lot). Surely he has to take the blame somewhere?

acnumber9

But a belief has to be formed based on something. If it isn't then it's blind faith.

If he needs to go in the summer anyway then he needs to go now.

vidic blood & sand

A better performance tonight. Let's see if this helps us turn the tide.
See no point sacking Van Gaal just yet, especially if Mourinho is the only option.
Still want Van Gaal at the moment.

So there :nervous:

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
It would be the players. Very much the players.

Ranieri isn't getting the praise for Leicester is he? He's a mere footnote.

If they were bottom he would be entirely to blame.... No doubt.

Vardy and Mahrez are getting all the praise. Because they are playing their hearts out.
I agree - but if Leicester win the league, all the attention will be on Ranieri.

And isn't it what managers are for - to motivate, inspire, and select the best team?

Does LVG help himself by bringing on Phil Jones, not once, but twice now, in games where we needed a goal. Was he playing for a draw at home?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You have to at least admit that he sold off most of our strikers and left us with Rooney and Fellaini and a 19 year old boy (the best of the lot). Surely he has to take the blame somewhere?
Yes he takes all the blame . I agree.

But now what? What is our best chance of recovery, whilst retaining some of our clubs culture and values?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
A better performance tonight. Let's see if this helps us turn the tide.
See no point sacking Van Gaal just yet, especially if Mourinho is the only option.
Still want Van Gaal at the moment.

So there :nervous:
I agree. Mourinho is 2 years too late.

Seems most want LVG sacked out of vengeance vs what is the right thing to do to guarantee us top 4. In my opinion, that's backing him in the January transfer window to get in attacking firepower that will convert possession into goals

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
The announcers in the US mentioned a possibility of Giggs/Ferguson as caretakers for the rest of the season. Then land Guardiola. I like this idea.

Red-Jeff

I'm still behind LVG for now, he has quite a bit of experience in turning teams around and winning things and I think he will still come good if he stays the length of his contract. With that being said we MUST stay in the top four, if he were to miss out this season he should go. I can see what he is trying to do I just think it is a very difficult situation that requires patience so he can solve these problems we have, some of his own creation of course.

Red For Ever

Many fans live in this fantasy land that if we throw enough money at players they will come. Why would any other club, let alone Leicester, even want to sell their best two players mid season?.
The lure of Manchester United is / should be massive, but in the summer top players will get a choice of several top clubs, unless they really want to be at United, then why would they come unless just for money, it wont be the football style or philosophy currently being played.

bleedred

The lure of Manchester United is / should be massive, but in the summer top players will get a choice of several top clubs, unless they really want to be at United, then why would they come unless just for money, it wont be the football style or philosophy currently being played.
Was. Not anymore. When we are flirting around at the top 4 and dithering every season, why would we be of first choice to any player?

As for money, most clubs in PL atleast have shown that they can retain the players with the new TV money. And all teams around us can throw out similar amounts of money at players now.

RedorDead21

I'm just not certain I've just watched a team not playing for him....I'm certain we need a striker in his prime though and some LVG tweaks!

Djemba-Djemba

Seems most want LVG sacked out of vengeance vs what is the right thing to do to guarantee us top 4. In my opinion, that's backing him in the January transfer window to get in attacking firepower that will convert possession into goals
How is sticking with Van Gaal in any way a guarantee though? We haven't won in 8 games. It's 3 wins in about 17 games.

That is genuine relegation form.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
We should stick with LvG. I am hopeful the directors of the club have more sense than the majority of United supporters, who seem to have forgotten that our greatest period of dominance ever was built on top of 3 barren Ferguson years.

Seems kind of ridiculous, but I guess we live in an instant-gratification world now and people can't understand that changing manager isn't a silver bullet for success.

RedorDead21

How is sticking with Van Gaal in any way a guarantee though? We haven't won in 8 games. It's 3 wins in about 17 games.

That is genuine relegation form.
Chelsea and Liverpool havent seen a change of manager mid season make a massive difference. We can still have a very good second half of the season we got top 4 last season could still better 4th. If we sack every manager like this then I'm not sure we will ever get back.

RedorDead21

We should stick with LvG. I am hopeful the directors of the club have more sense than the majority of United supporters, who seem to have forgotten that our greatest period of dominance ever was built on top of 3 barren Ferguson years.

Seems kind of ridiculous, but I guess we live in an instant-gratification world now and people can't understand that changing manager isn't a silver bullet for success.
He isnt Fergie thats all they will ever say about LVG, about Pep if he ever has a bad run and about every manager we ever have from now on. The cross we have to bare...

JoaquinJoaquin

What's ridiculous is that you think that we will get to dominance under this fraud. The days of being over patient with managers are long gone I'm afraid, we have too much to lose to stick with managers who are not good enough.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

He's had 3 transfer windows to do that, and he failed. Even good forward players he brought he has/had no idea what to do with. He had no idea how to use Di Maria - player he bought, he sold Nani, van Persie, Hernandez, all capable of scoring goals, and Martial, our only goal threat is recently moved to a fecking right wing position. What exactly makes you think he will bring good goalscorer in January, let alone make any use of him?

Djemba-Djemba

Chelsea and Liverpool havent seen a change of manager mid season make a massive difference. We can still have a very good second half of the season we got top 4 last season could still better 4th. If we sack every manager like this then I'm not sure we will ever get back.
Chelsea have had 3 games since Mourinho went and haven't lost yet. And you won't find any Liverpool fan in the world who would have kept Rodgers over Klopp.

We could also carry on in this relegation form for the rest of the reason and finish 7 or 8th. That seems much more likely than us switching it on. In his entire reign at the club we had a 3 week period which was good. The rest has been either shite performances with decent results or shite performances with shite results. To go 8 games without a win with our fixutre list over the last 8 games is fecking shocking.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Looked utterly gone as he left the pitch after Norwich.

Today, he was doing a few waves.

And they certainly didn't look like "I'm done" waves.

Then you suddenly realise that the press made up all that sh!t about what he had to do in these 2 games.
I doubt we ever give those sort of ultimatums.

WyoManU

There is one glaring problem with this theory...Fergie was willing to stay for a quarter of a century where LVG is gone in 18 months by all accounts no matter what happens with our performances.

RedorDead21

There is one glaring problem with this theory...Fergie was willing to stay for a quarter of a century where LVG is gone in 18 months by all accounts no matter what happens with our performances.
Well yes but Fergie didnt arrive in his 60s and Pep or whomever wouldnt be coming with a mind to stay that long. For any possibility of that I expect you'd need at least a man from the UK and thats not exactly in vogue. Infact you'd prob need Giggs to be given a chance against all the odds and opinions on here, be a great success against all the odds, never go long without winning a trophy in a much more competitive league than the one's Fergie dominated etc...basically that era for all clubs has gone it only left ours more recently!

SalfordRed1960

Because every now and again a player does something on his own intuition, shows a bit of confidence and something happens. LVG is instilling a style of play that requires players to think. It is no surprise that the players who have grown up in the PL are finding this style hard to adopt. When we have played at pace we have looked quite good.