Is there anyone left who wants to defend lvg now?

pacifictheme

In 4 years time when guardiola or giggs is managing a title winning squad with the likes of martial & memphis being unplayable, smalling & blind having an almost synchronised partnership & where the likes of shaw, mcnair & lingard all improve and grow.. Come back to this thread and thank van gaal.

There's only one reason, muller, alaba, schweinsteiger, robben, ribery, xavi, iniesta, puyol, valdes-ish, badstuber etc speek highly of this manager & because he was fundamental to the building of success.

He himself has been an average trophy winning manager for years but no one can doubt his methodical & observant methods on the long term future of this club.

He went barcelona - eventually became unbeatable & still unbeatable after his . Spain win the world cup-something never to be done.

He went tk bayern- eventually became unbeatable & still unbeatable after his sacking. Germany also go on to win the world cup.

Every squad is tarnished with LVG players be that international or club & i have no doubt we will succeed after he has had his time cut lose by impatient fans.
Lingard will not feature heavily in a united squad that wind the league. Hes immature at 23. Hes not got the mentality or ability to be a success at that level.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
In 4 years time when guardiola or giggs is managing a title winning squad with the likes of martial & memphis being unplayable, smalling & blind having an almost synchronised partnership & where the likes of shaw, mcnair & lingard all improve and grow.. Come back to this thread and thank van gaal.

There's only one reason, muller, alaba, schweinsteiger, robben, ribery, xavi, iniesta, puyol, valdes-ish, badstuber etc speek highly of this manager & because he was fundamental to the building of success.

He himself has been an average trophy winning manager for years but no one can doubt his methodical & observant methods on the long term future of this club.

He went barcelona - eventually became unbeatable & still unbeatable after his . Spain win the world cup-something never to be done.

He went tk bayern- eventually became unbeatable & still unbeatable after his sacking. Germany also go on to win the world cup.

Every squad is tarnished with LVG players be that international or club & i have no doubt we will succeed after he has had his time cut lose by impatient fans.
Am I reading the right?

LvG is now being hailed as a man who had a hand in Spain and Germany winning the World cup?

Confusing and weird.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Am I reading the right?

LvG is now being hailed as a man who had a hand in Spain and Germany winning the World cup?

Confusing and weird.
It's the cult of van Gaal that has some believing the foundation bollocks. It's even extended to international teams now.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

:lol:

Comedy gold.

K2K

It's the cult of van Gaal that has some believing the foundation bollocks. It's even extended to international teams now.
If Rawk had a Caf meltdown thread, that Santiago post would be one of the cornerstone posts.

It's got everything.

You almost laugh, then he realizes that he probably believes that.

The sad thing with most of these Van Gaalites is that very few of them bother to check their facts. In the last 16 years, Van Gaal only spent 6 months at Barca. I realise that some people think he's some kind of genius, but to attribute Barca's success to him takes a certain level of imaginative thinking.

JoaquinJoaquin

The longer this goes on without him being sacked and replaced by Mourinho, the more I am convincing myself we are in for Pep.

And the bigger my disappointment is going to be come summer time :(
Don't even do it to yourself. We will mess around all Summer before appointing Giggs which will please some of the T0p Reds in here for some strange reason but be a disaster for everyone else with a set of eyes.

SSSSnake

To be fair last night wasn't LVG's fault. Our defence did let us down. However the other 80% of matches and philosophy he's introduced has been pure bollocks. Outdated and over cautious football will cost us a top four finish. We haven't got the players to play like Barca so why would he introduce that? He needs to resign now. He's had long enough.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

So you're attributing the Spanish and German World Cup success to him?

Wow! You moan about his detractors but apologists like you make me sick

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
If Rawk had a Caf meltdown thread, that Santiago post would be one of the cornerstone posts.

It's got everything.

You almost laugh, then he realizes that he probably believes that.

The sad thing with most of these Van Gaalites is that very few of them bother to check their facts. In the last 16 years, Van Gaal only spent 6 months at Barca. I realise that some people think he's some kind of genius, but to attribute Barca's success to him takes a certain level of imaginative thinking.
Funny how few mention that in the 2009-10, the season after van Gaal left AZ Alkmaar as Dutch league winners, Ronald Koeman was sacked having lost 7 of their first 16 games in that season. Dick Advocaat took over and got them European football. Some foundations he left behind eh. If he gets the credit for future success after his departure, he ought to have the opposite happen when shit hits the fan after his departure too.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Sky and BT are our biggest customers. If the company that I worked for gave their customers substandard products then we would soon hear about it. Man Utd have a brand image to live up to. That involves entertaining our customers customers, it's why we are on the tv so often. If we are not doing that first they will complain then they will move on to another brand who will entertain their customers.
If we continue to bore we will see fewer and fewer Man Utd matches on tv. This will reduce our revenue greatly. Then will reduce our advertising opportunities.
That Sky, BT and the BBC are paying customers doesn't mean United is a prostitute they can beat up and shit on. That's not the product that is on offer here, the product they pay for is a football match, two teams working their asses off to get a result. That's what a football match is, what kind of entertainment that offers is a matter of wait and see. Some are boring, some are thrilling, you never know what you're gonna get, a match is something that happens, not something that is created, that's part of it's attraction. If you want to be sure what you're gonna get you shoud buy a movie or a concert or something.

That doesn't mean they can't complain about a boring match, and relate that to a pattern and to tactics. But punditry is punditry, commentary is commentary and a match report is a report of what actually happened in the match, and the concept of analysis is beyond those people anyway. Neither of them should serve a narrative or should be a means to put a manager under pressure or to enhance or create a mood. If it happens because of fair commentary and punditry that's all right, but as a consequence, not as an objective.

If they start blabbering about boring tactics 3 minutes into the match, that's not commentary, commentary implies it's a comment on what's there to see. Making up your own rules about playing volleyball with a stretched arm on a football pitch is allowed when you're not looking at the ball is just plain ridiculous. It's one the most blatant penalties this season and the discussion should have been why he escaped a red card for preventing a goal scoring opportunity with his hand and his arm stretched out. 3 fouls is a yellow card, where does it say that in the rules? Since when is a player who commits a foul entitled to a penalty when he is held himself? Since when do teams deserve a point when it's the product of a lucky deflection, a very controversial penalty, chance waisting by the opposition, and a lucky bounce off a head?

I understand a negative mood among the fans, but a mood is just a mood. It changes the perception of facts but it's no reason to distort the facts themselves, especially not by people who are clearly no fans.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Our win percentage for this season is 47% ... so we are now statistically less likely to win a game then we are to draw/lose it.

K2K

Funny how few mention that in the 2009-10, the season after van Gaal left AZ Alkmaar as Dutch league winners, Ronald Koeman was sacked having lost 7 of their first 16 games in that season. Dick Advocaat took over and got them European football. Some foundations he left behind eh. If he gets the credit for future success after his departure, he ought to have the opposite happen when shit hits the fan after his departure too.
Koeman failed to continue with the philosophy or something. As long as it doesnt link to the foundation philosophy, its ignored.

Although the truth is much simpler though. Van Gaal was simply replaced by better managers at Barca/Bayern. We desperately need that too when he does go.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

Spain won the World Cup 10 years after LVG left Barca (8 if you count his brief second spell where he did nothing of note). Talk about clutching at straws. :lol:

ravi2

Are you trolling or are you serious mate?
Genuine question

Robbie Boy

He's a visionary. In years to come we will look back on that post and feel rather embarrassed. LvG is building great 'foundations' for years of success. fecking bizarre post altogether.

Robbie Boy

I think I just enjoy football differently from you.
To be fair Twigg, you do enjoy a bang average player, a poor manager and shit performances. Fair play, you take positives where no one else can. I reckon you embraced the recession and took plenty of positives from it. It's the kinda guy you are.

MoskvaRed

Spain won the World Cup 10 years after LVG left Barca (8 if you count his brief second spell where he did nothing of note). Talk about clutching at straws. :lol:
Don't spoil it! I was thinking I would finally see England win the World Cup some time in the next decade thanks to LVG's miraculous powers.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
The reason spain won the world cup was because of Barcelona. It is the same reason why Argentina never won anything even thoigh Barcelona's best player was messi.

Spain won things because of xavi & iniesta. Simple.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ers-Xavi-Andres-Iniesta-Clarence-Seedorf.html

What guardiola did was revert back to something van gaal started off (although barcelona did have cruyff's influence), it was a team of individualistic players when guardiola took over.

Then you have thomas muller who will break Klose's world cup record who regards van gaal as his uncle:lol:. Fecking schweinsteiger was a winger & went through the same fan discontent when players like Mcnair & Blind have changed positions.

Robben was half the player before van gaals stint at bayern.

Just have to give up really. People can call me an apologist - but i have players who have WON things consistently backing me up - whilst the anti van gaal brigade is made up of individualistic players like ibrahimovic & rivaldo & the individualistic spoeting directors caring about money.

ghagua

Barcelona and Bayern certainly were not unbeatable during his time there, but you do see a pattern with those teams. They became much, much better after he was SACKED.

Spain and Germany's world cup win is being attributed to LvG as well? Wow.

ravi2

The reason spain won the world cup was because of Barcelona. It is the same reason why Argentina never won anything even thoigh Barcelona's best player was messi.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ers-Xavi-Andres-Iniesta-Clarence-Seedorf.html

What guardiola did was revert back to something van gaal started off (although barcelona did have cruyff's influence), it was a team of individualistic players when guardiola took over.

Then you have thomas muller who will break Klose's world cup record who regards van gaal as his uncle:lol:. Fecking schweinsteiger was a winger & went through the same fan discontent when players like Mcnair & Blind have changed positions.

Just have to give up really. People can call me an apologist - but i have players who have WON things consistently backing me up - whilst the anti van gaal brigade is made up of individualistic players like ibrahimovic & rivaldo & the individualistic spoeting directors caring about money.

I thought you were a troll but I now think you are genuinely are a stupid person.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

Jesus Christ, do you believe what you are spouting here?

If LvG was all singing and dancing like you say, then why oh why can't he be the one to get teams playing the way they do once he leaves?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

If van Gaal gets the credit for Spain's World Cup win, let's give credit to Carles Rexach, Radomir Antic, Frank Rijkaard and Pep Guardiola too. As per Germany, do Heynckes and Guardiola deserve credit too then for Germany's win too in your opinion?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Just shows how stupid the Dutch FA was in 2002. If only they knew that van Gaal is a bit shit at winning trophies but that his former players always win World Cups, they would have appointed someone else as manager, qualified and won it with ease.

K2K

He's on a roll.

This is the same Van Gaal that failed to qualify for the world cup with a talented Dutch side, yet he is responsible for Spain and Germany's win. Seeing as Van Gaal coached Rivaldo at Barca, surely he should get some credit for Brazil's 2002 win. Using your amazing logic.

Even Truus van Gaal would probably laugh at the above statement.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
If van Gaal gets the credit for Spain's World Cup win, let's give credit to Carles Rexach, Radomir Antic, Frank Rijkaard and Pep Guardiola too. As per Germany, do Heynckes and Guardiola deserve credit too then for Germany's win too in your opinion?
Yep. If england won the world cup with scholes & beckham - i rekon you would give credit to SAF too.

More than Rexach & Rijkaard however, Guardiola served the best team management & Van gaal served the best individual man management for a team who play possesion football.

Just sayin, spain played the same way Barcelona did without messi. Germany also played the same way as Bayern did without Robben & Ribery.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Yep. If england won the world cup with scholes & beckham - i rekon you would give credit to SAF too.

More than Rexach & Rijkaard however, Guardiola served the best team management & Van gaal served the best individual man management for a team who play possesion football.

Just sayin, spain played the same way Barcelona did without messi. Germany also played the same way as Bayern did without Robben & Ribery.
No, i would give the credit to the England manager who was in charge at that time.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Double world cup winner Lvg, brilliant

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
This is the same guy who, a couple weeks ago, was giving LVG credit for bringing Milan back to the top of Italian football, based on a fantasy scenario he envisioned where we would sack LVG and he would end up at Milan.

I'm not joking either, check his post history.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo

He's on a roll.

This is the same Van Gaal that failed to qualify for the world cup with a talented Dutch side, yet he is responsible for Spain and Germany's win. Seeing as Van Gaal coached Rivaldo at Barca, surely he should get some credit for Brazil's 2002 win. Using your amazing logic.

Even Truus van Gaal would probably laugh at the above statement.
I never said he was a good international manager after all - his choice in players are limited.

There's moments even in yesterday's game that even though we are not perfect - we play in an almost similar way to bayern & barcelona ( fellaini's missed header & rooneys goal that started off with memphis playing wide left)

Again, everyone acting like i make this up, when players & commentators say the same thing.

Anyway you would be glad to know that i give up on my 'roll'. Go on talking about the same things and mourinho. Hopefully woodward isnt on this site and turn us in real 'one title per manager madrid'.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
This is the same guy who, a couple weeks ago, was giving LVG credit for bringing Milan back to the top of Italian football, based on a fantasy scenario he envisioned where we would sack LVG and he would end up at Milan.

I'm not joking either, check his post history.
I support Milan as a foreign team because i grew up watching Italian football. The only way I see them getting back to their best is a manager like him who isnt so heavily reliant on money as say 3/4 of the managers atm.