Is this one of the worst quality World Cups ever? | Probably not

Tarrou

Its rubbish compared to 86 or 90 . Or 78 . 82 wasn't much cop either. 94 was like this one pretty much imo. Most teams now are not going for wins, playing for pens . Morocco, Croatia both. Both sides concentrate on defence instead of attack. Makes for poor games.
was 90 really that good?

I remember it being quite defensive for the most part

Amir

I was 11 when the 1990 World Cup was played. It was the first I watched so for me it was fascinating and I have many great memories from it.

But even I know it was shit and bloody boring. Great stories, terrible football.

Bobski

Holland v Argentina is tense and dramatic but if you take Messi out the on ball quality is shocking.

Bobski

Don't think this game proves great quality. Certainly dramatic though.

PoTMS

It was stupid to ask it at the time, even more stupid now.

El Zoido

I didn’t care at the start but I’ve been really sucked in now. It’s been especially good since the third set of group games where every game has big stakes.

Parma Dewol

It was good in the early stages, but now it’s just ridiculous. What drama.

When’s the next winter World Cup? Bring it on!

Alemar

Maybe there will be a new World Champion as well. Croatia, Morocco and Portugal have never won it…

Worst quality certainly. The teams have been poor mostly. It's all over the place though, very entertaining. Maybe because of the low quality.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Seen every World Cup since 1998. This is the best one yet. And it's all about tiny marginals, details that greatly change the overall outcome.

Japan could have been in the semis now.

Ghana could have progressed if Andre Ayew didn't miss his penalty against Uruguay.

Canada could have beat Belgium if Davies had scored his penalty + if they had been awarded just one of the three penalties they were denied.

Croatia had 1 shot on goal against Brazil. It went in and now Brazil are out.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
It's been very entertaining, mainly because the quality is pretty average at times.

All teams look spent by the 70th minute which means mistakes and turnovers are happening more often leading to chances and goals in the second half.

slored1

Although the football has been a bit meh at times, this has been the most dramatic WC so far. So many memorable moments and we are not even past the quarters yet.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Quality wise it's been pretty bad. 6 0:0 results in group stages and it could have been more if it wasn't for the late goals.
KO rounds are more exciting but still. Where's all the quality players at?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
As underwhelming a world cup as I recall.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Seen every World Cup since 1998. This is the best one yet. And it's all about tiny marginals, details that greatly change the overall outcome.

Japan could have been in the semis now.

Ghana could have progressed if Andre Ayew didn't miss his penalty against Uruguay.

Canada could have beat Belgium if Davies had scored his penalty + if they had been awarded just one of the three penalties they were denied.

Croatia had 1 shot on goal against Brazil. It went in and now Brazil are out.
Croatia have only beaten 1 team and are in the last 4. That 1 team being Canada.

The Purley King

Brilliant games today, both of them.
Overall quality though, probably not the best but highly entertaining.