Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
It's very hard to untangle what is are legitimate responses to Hamas, and what is revenge, especially at the moment.
I don't know how to send a video from my WhatsApp/tik tok etc.

The fella I mentioned before (Yousef) has sent a video of an IDF soldier shooting a kid from distance. The kid was just walking in Jerusalem.
Roane, I'm going to need you to untangle this one.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I don't always agree with him but James O'Brien just asked a pro-Israeli caller if Israel would be bombing their own buildings if Hamas were hiding there?

And the caller ended by essentially saying Israeli lives are more important.

Giggsyking

This is what it means to be biased, reporting the random stabbing of a police officer, but never reported the sniping of young kids in occupied west bank for the past 3 weeks, there are literally videos of it. I fecking hate the western media. They disgust me.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

No idea who this guy is, so please guide me if they are some wacko and I'll delete but the video seemed to present some of the history in a understandable way.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
It puts an end to some of the propaganda about targeted strikes on Hamas etc.

This is not a war it's shameless murder
People who want to know what's going on there don't need this kind of videos to be convinced. People who don't want to know won't watch it and won't be convinced.

I shouldn't have watched this shit, that's the second time I fell for it.

Feck that.

Roane

Roane, I'm going to need you to untangle this one.
I don't even think it's revenge.

It's like a given that these people are there to be killed any which way you want.

The video I mentioned shows this chubby guy just raise his rifle, shot, kid fall to the floor, shooter turns around and waves people forward them slowly jogs towards the kid. A car is seen desperately turning away.

The bloke is non plussed. So casual and as if he has just swatted a fly.

It's the casualness of it that was most disturbing. More than watching someone shot

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
No, they don't need to.

It's morbid and doesn't serve or achieve any meaningful purpose.

Feck that.
I get your point but you have posters in this thread who still believe Israel are taking out Hamas individuals with military precision and letting civilians flee Gaza.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine

I fully expect Israel will get the land, and the world will be an unwitting accomplice to this abhorrence.

We will all look the other way while they sing and cheer getting "their land" back. They'll populate it with US expats/settler's and sell the regeneration of the region to Saudi/UAE consortiums, turning it into a new Dubai, all the while a million people who used to live there, are now stateless, in the desert, with nothing. I'm sure an aid package or two will be signed to "help" but it'll amount to very little.

And Israel still won't be happy, they'll still have to manufacture skirmishes and threats (omg Iran, omg Hezbollah, omg Syria) to keep the money rolling in under the guise existential threat.

The history books will be rewritten and the "peace" will be credited to their "brave" decision of taking back Palestine and liberating it from the evil clutches of Hamas.

Bleak, bleak, bleak.
I'll bookmark this post and come back to it in 10 years if I'm still alive as this is what will happen.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
How else to get to Hamas, that car clearly was an obstacle on path of eradicating that organization.
Get it right, they were human shields.

Newtonius

This is all over Twitter.
At least post it from a source without the spin, all we can confidently say is a tank shoots a car, the cars erratic movement indicates civilian but that's all it is a suggestion.

Particularly because the tank acts strange as well in that it scurries back before shooting, it has concealment and would have easily and lazily taken them out several hundred meters down the road if that was the ROE. In other words their movement indicates they were fearing a suicide bomber, even more so when the car is slammed to the ground with weight at the back axel.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
At least post it from a source without the spin, all we can confidently say is a tank shoots a car, the cars erratic movement indicates civilian but that's all it is a suggestion.

Particularly because the tank acts strange as well in that it scurries back before shooting, it has concealment and would have easily and lazily taken them out several hundred meters down the road if that was the ROE. In other words their movement indicates they were fearing a suicide bomber
Are you mentally obliterated?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Particularly because the tank acts strange as well in that it scurries back before shooting, it has concealment and would have easily and lazily taken them out several hundred meters down the road if that was the ROE. In other words their movement indicates they were fearing a suicide bomber, even more so when the car is slammed to the ground with weight at the back axel.
Wow the mental gymnastics to justify murder.

The car clearly is doing a 3 point turn so it can back away from the tank. Why the hell would a suicide bomber be turning away from it's target.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
What? Are you? I described the video itself while that tweet is the very definition of spin, from a clearly biased source taking a murky situation and inventing nonexistent details.
No but I'm not here making bollocks up and chatting shit from a video that's been posted. So I'd say I'm the opposite of mentally obliterated.

You even have a poster here who knows the person recording the video.

Giggsyking

They turned around when they saw the tank. They were shot after they turned. Use your brain.

Last edited:

Badunk

Maybe you missed the part where I said: "This is all over Twitter"? Umpteen different sources have tweeted it.

The rest of your post is akin to saying Rodney King was deliberately headbutting police batons and boots.

Badunk

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-middle-east-67258466

Top story.

Mike Smalling

Israel is committing one of worst crimes of the century, and the rest of the 'civilized' world is just standing by and watching. I hope that at the very least, history will not be kind to them.

Drizzle

R'hllor

Israel is committing one of worst crimes of the century, and the rest of the 'civilized' world is just standing by and watching. I hope that at the very least, history will not be kind to them.
Oh they doing way more than just standing and watching

gajender

Amount of death , destruction ,damage and suffering that has been directly or indirectly caused or allowed by So called Civilized world makes me question whether is it even apt to call them Civilized any longer , all this hypocrisy and double speak is just par for course .

Maticmaker

"War is hell", an example is what is currently taking place in the middle east, Gaza specifically; however we should remember " often the first casualty of war, is the truth".

In this day and age belief of what is true, is difficult to establish, with social media feeding in all sorts of bias and mis-truth's, even guesses, into at times the mainstream; with blame and counter blame occurring, sometimes hourly, how can anyone know exactly what is happening?
Even photographs, and films cannot give an accurate picture, except perhaps of specific incidents, the repeat showing of the same footage doesn't help either. On-the-spot reporting can give a snapshot in time and place but since the main news reporting goes through filters before it reaches the outside world, 'fake news' to coin a phrase, is always a possibility.

The only thing we do know for a fact is that specific areas in both Gaza and in Israel people have been attacked, people have been killed and continue to be killed, hostages have been taken, but specific details are limited to the general public.Its becoming impossible to believe anything, truth becomes the overwhelming casualty, and herein lies the danger, especially for those still in greatest peril.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
When taught about the Holocaust in school, I used to always wonder how that happened with so many countries not doing anything about it.

Now I'm getting to see the answer to that.

It's fecking disgusting.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
It's not even on the first page of worst crimes of the century. Please take a step back and educate yourself and stop these huge exaggerations.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocides_in_history_(21st_century)
Posts like this are so fecking weird. They're committing war crime after war crime in the present time, with the kill rate going up by the day.

A wiki link showing what other countries have done in the past is so irrelevant and it's an insult to Palestinians. Do you think it'll make any difference where Israel rank on that list?

Have a word with yourself, ffs.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine

Drizzle

Posts like this are so fecking weird. They're committing war crime after war crime in the present time, with the kill rate going up by the day.

A wiki link showing what other countries have done in the past is so irrelevant and it's an insult to Palestinians. Do you think it'll make any difference where Israel rank on that list?

Have a word with yourself, ffs.
As you know, the original post was suggesting that this was one of the worst crimes of the century. This was my response, there have been many worse, and in some cases worse by a factor of ten or a hundred. I am not for one minute saying this is not terrible. I'm just once again pointing out context and that language is getting extreme.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It is, and it even links to another Wiki article called "Genocide against Palestinians". Neat.
Which makes his response so strange. And the section about it only concerns this month, it's not a full account of the 21st century. :lol:

Drizzle

It's completely relevant in answer to a post saying this was one of the worst crimes. But you know that. Keep piling on though.

Drizzle

Also, you conveniently missed this part of the wiki article:

Hamas and other Palestinian militant groups have committed numerous war crimes during the 2023 Israel–Hamas war.[237] According to over 100 international experts, because these acts appeared to have been carried out with an "intent to destroy, in whole or in part" a national group in line with the explicit goals of Hamas, these acts likely amounted to genocide.[238]