Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPnutz

I do not consider any international matches, friendly or competitive, a good barometer of quality as club level games are catching up.

Okay, It was a harsh to call him average. He is definitely a handy player to have in the squad. But as you say, he is a solid contributor not a Neymar or hazard. The problem is we already have Mkhi, Mata & Rashford who are solid contributors. We need a neymar or a hazard.
We have Pogba.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Can't say I didn't appreciate his and John Stones efforts last season.

Two players brought especially by the manager to fit his style.

That was the main point I was trying to make.

If Perisic does arrive I hope he is a fantastic success though.
Is Perisic a winger who can't do winger stuff?

It's a bit odd to use that bald crackpot as an example of managers getting things wrong. Keepers that can't keep and defenders that can't defend are his thing.

gaucho_10

You like Perisic, no worries. You don't like Mata, again no worries and you are correct that winger is not his best position. However you assertion's about Mata lack of quality the last 5 years clearly do not seem fact based...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/juan-mata-statistically-premier-leagues-9297593

Now do not get me wrong, I am not claiming Mata is World Class. I do see Mata as being very good and I hope we keep him to help unlock certain teams. As for Perisic, if Jose wants him I can live with that but to be honest i would like a bit more for my money. Carry on :).
I myself am not sure Perisic is good enough for what you aspire to, but considering it's under Mourinho's management he could give much more then what people expect and surprise everyone in the end.

Danillaco

If we are going to spend 50mi on him, then we should add some more, tempt fate and harass Arsenal for Sanchez. Good player, but way overvalued.

Danillaco

To be fair, Martial+45m for Icardi+Perisic+Kondogbia+Murillo would be fair. Murillo and Kondogbia have been underwhelming but they are capable of a lot better and they are decent depth options.
Man, i think we are stacked with squad players already. We should go for the sky.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I do not consider any international matches, friendly or competitive, a good barometer of quality as club level games are catching up.

Okay, It was a harsh to call him average. He is definitely a handy player to have in the squad. But as you say, he is a solid contributor not a Neymar or hazard. The problem is we already have Mkhi, Mata & Rashford who are solid contributors. We need a neymar or a hazard.
We must buy the next Messi.

Infra-red

I'm not really a fan of Perisic, but our 'Neymar/'Hazard' player is surely going to be Griezmann.

Mourinho is simply building his team in the configuration he is most accustomed to. In the attacking positions that generally means a classic #9 with decent hold-up play (Drogba, Milito, Ibrahimovic, Costa - Morata/Lukaku/Belotti?), a wide forward who stays high up the pitch (Eto'o, Ronaldo, Hazard - Griezmann?), and, to compensate, a more-defensive hard-running wide player tucked in on the other side (Pandev, Di Maria, Willian - Perisic?).

Bruce Wayne

He's not a terrible player but I doubt he is our first choice. It might be someone trying to boost his price (like Benfica does with all their players) so other clubs will bid as well.

Personally, I would like to see Martial get at least another year on left wing. I also would like to see Perreira get a chance on the left side for us. It is not a top priority position that we need to re-enforce.

JeffBoomTetris

I'm not really a fan of Perisic, but our 'Neymar/'Hazard' player is surely going to be Griezmann.

Mourinho is simply building his team in the configuration he is most accustomed to. In the attacking positions that generally means a classic #9 with decent hold-up play (Drogba, Milito, Ibrahimovic, Costa - Morata/Lukaku/Belotti?), a wide forward who stays high up the pitch (Eto'o, Ronaldo, Hazard - Griezmann?), and, to compensate, a more-defensive hard-running wide player tucked in on the other side (Pandev, Di Maria, Willian - Perisic?).
Thanks for this. That means Griezmann will play right forward position. That explains a lot.
We must buy the next Messi.
:lol: Reminds me of the Next Messi thread.

But yes, you know I refer to a match decider, an X-factor player, don't you? Hopefully, Antoine comes..

Hardy Jay

Woodward is not stupid. He'll be bargaining this to the floor. I would love to see him at United. Somehow he reminded me of Kanchelskis.

Verbalkint

Haven't seen too much of Perisic tbh. The one thing that get thrown around is that he's 'decisive'.

I hope the above's true - we've seen a natural talent like Nani who struggled with his decision making and was so frustrating to watch in his later years at United.

Reactions: Invictus

NoPace

I'd much rather we open things up just a tad and play a normal 4-3-3 and let Martial and Mkhitaryan fight for the LW spot:

-----------9----------- (Rashford, Martial)
Mkhi-------Griezmann(Martial, Mata, Lingard)
--Pogba----Herrera--- (Fellaini, Pereira)
-------Fabinho-------- (Herrera, Carrick)

and a back 4 and we'll be a better team and better to watch.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Brilliant. We should tell Real we want 200M for DDG so we can buy Neymar.
DDG is world class. Perisic is not. Its more like expecting 70m for Smalling so we can finance the signing of Laporte

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Woodward is not stupid. He'll be bargaining this to the floor. I would love to see him at United. Somehow he reminded me of Kanchelskis.
True. Woody's negotiation skills are known throughout the world. They even made a video about it.

tomaldinho1

I don't know much about him but, by all accounts, a hard working, very fast winger who puts in a shift defensively and gets a steady number of goals/assists. Basically exactly what Mou wants and what Martial doesn't give him.

Chrissypop

After watching this guy I don't know why but I feel like Mourinho might want him to play left back, he has a hell of an engine, fairly similar to Valencia.

SATA

This is great that it has quieten down a little. Which i hope it means that we have pulled out of this after telling Inter to do one because we won't agree to his quoted price

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Not completely up to date with this thread so it may have already been posted but just in case, here's the best Perisic video on Youtube, it's a lot better than the earlier videos that could be found on Youtube when these rumours first started circulating.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Inter are fecked in the head. Seems like they think Perisic and James are valued equally. :lol:

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
We need a fast right winger. Not a left winger, plenty of options there, even Rashford can play it...
Why are we to think he'll play mainly on the left? Di Maria for Mourinho's Real Madrid played on the right. Anyway, with Valencia there, it makes sense to have a playmaker who drifts inside, like Mata or Mkhitaryan.

Devil may care

Gabriele Marcotti says neither us or Chelsea see him as a priority, just an option down the list, he seems sure we wont sign him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If Perisic is not a priotity, who is it then?
If Perisic isn't the priority, I think we're going under the media's radar again. The only other name a lot of them mention is Willian, but that just seems like lazy journalism of putting 2 and 2 together.

Status
Not open for further replies.