Ivan Toney | Banned until 16th January 2024 Stay on Topic!

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Such an obvious signing to make given the problems we have.

mu4c_20le

He was in the championship then.

Toney is in the PL, scoring for fun. Do you see the difference?
I didnt say it would be the same, but i also dont see them asking 100m, not unless madrid and bayern join the race. Liverpool City and Arsenal are stocked in that position, its only really between us and Chelsea, and no way they spend that much.

FiiiiveTenHaaags

How much do you lot reckon we could get him for? 60? 70?

And how much is he worth if Antony cost 90 and supposedly the market for strikers is a tough one?

Idxomer

Next summer will be Brentford's last chance to cash in on him.

DevilRed

He's a bit of a headcase though isn't he?

Would be a good rotation player to have though. Reminds me a little of Saha.

Smores

Can't see them turning down 50 million personally. Plenty of strikers have a good season and don't end up going for the 100 million fee suggested.

He'll push for a move and they'll have a decision to make like all smaller clubs.

the_cliff

Really is shocking that he isn't going to the world cup. Brilliant player.

the_cliff

Who would you take out?
He should be in there over Wilson for one, could be in there over Coady (he has 6 players that can play CB). But personally I would use Maddison as a midfielder and take Toney over Gallagher.

I think it's a good idea to take Toney AND Wilson simply for their abilities from the penalty spot, something we've had problems with for a loooooong time.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
In terms of pure quality, he’s obviously our second best striker. However, I think the problem is Toney is stylistically actually quite similar to Kane. Callum Wilson is at least a little different in that he’s more of a poacher. Some [faint] justification for not making the side

Chairman Steve

I can see him being quite expensive if we were to hypothetically go for him, and ETH seems well aware of the English player premium between English clubs.

So I can see ETH picking someone else. I’d be surprised if he did at this point considering he’s only been in English football for barely 6 months.

Skills

Snitch
He should be in there over Wilson for one, could be in there over Coady (he has 6 players that can play CB). But personally I would use Maddison as a midfielder and take Toney over Gallagher.

I think it's a good idea to take Toney AND Wilson simply for their abilities from the penalty spot, something we've had problems with for a loooooong time.
Why would you take 3 strikers, knowing that we only play 1 up front (and that guy is Harry Kane)?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Just 3 years ago, at age 23, he was a League One player. What an amazing turn of career.

the_cliff

Why would you take 3 strikers, knowing that we only play 1 up front (and that guy is Harry Kane)?
Because for 1, I think Toney/Wilson and Kane can work well as a 2 up top. Especially when chasing games.
The second point was in the post you replied to.

dal

I don’t think he goes for more than £50 million including add ons, if we do sign him, then I doubt we sign another striker unless Martial is sold.

Martial, Toney, Rashford, Antony, Bruno, Sancho, Garnacho.

That would do nicely, from this point its just squad managemt.

Flexdegea

I'm all aboard the Toney hype train.

Looks perfect fix for ETH.

As someone already said he be a Saha like signing without the injury problems.

Brentford be looking mad money, but im sure at 26 he be thinking this will be my big chance to get a big pay day. I'd imagine he will want to leave if someone big like us came calling. But then again, brentford be looking mad money. Advantage we have is their whole structure is based around moneyball etc so he be the payoff they be looking.

Josh 76

I don’t think he goes for more than £50 million including add ons, if we do sign him, then I doubt we sign another striker unless Martial is sold.

Looks better on paper than it actually is

DevilRed

feck me, already this season we’ve seen some frankly ridiculous assists from Bruno, Eriksen & Garnacho.
In the europa league and league cup?

We've been atrocious in attack lately. Especially in the prem where the defenders are tougher. We're the worst out of the "top 6" in terms of goals scored. Bang last.

So I don't really recall too many of those assists.

I was also specifically talking about a right footed cross on the ground, from inside the box to a striker for a tap in.

Its literally a miracle to see one of those. We don't have anybody who is right footed that can cross like that from the byline. Maybe Dalot, but he is more hit and hope.

Blood Mage

Class striker, mental that a crocked Callum Wilson has been selected ahead of him. Southgate is a tool.

Red Royal

Why would he be only £50M (genuine question) is he out of contract soon? Surely there would be a bidding war if he were that cheap.

JustKatie

He's from my home club Northampton and even way back then it was clear he was way too good for the lower leagues. We got 500,000 from Newcastle for him.

He's come on leaps and bounds. I dread to think the cost of him if we were to buy him but I think he'd get a decent amount of goals.

TsuWave

That Guy isn't a Man united level type of player because be honest with yourself - If we want to get back to the glory days and win title after title and CL, can we honestly say that Ivan Toney can be a main striker(or even second) of Manchester United ?
Yes, we can. He’s clearly good enough to lead us currently, and certainly good enough to be a second - I’m assuming you mean sub/squad player - in a title winning team

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
30m + Maguire + Phil Jones and we will rip them off. Its time to show our prowess. Ten Hag please SMS Text Message him now!!!