Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I've got no doubt about him coming good. He's a brilliant footballer and will balance out our attack really well being a creative and link up source on either side. Especially on the right will help out as Wan Bissaka has 0 creativity, so Sancho will drag the level up on that side. For this season, I see us rotating him and Pogba as the creative guy on the wing, but IMO one of the 2 is definitely needed there. Just need the right instructions and not like what happened in the Wolves game.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Who on earth cares about such stupid claims after a handful of minutes.

He’s a superstar in the making.
True but that is kinda still what "low stocks" entail, especially if you engage with fans from other clubs. Maybe not as interesting for the caf, although his stocks have dropped on the caf as well I think.

It isn't all that serious, rival fans look to downplay eachothers players all the time.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Defensively he's never done much. About the same as Grealish or Rashford the past couple of years. Bit more than Ronaldo as a winger. Not a whole lot different to Pogba out there either.

One reason I feel we need a very defensive midfield 2 is because our wide players are pretty much wide forwards in their positioning and do very little defensive work.
Thanks. I hope it works out well.

Man Utd 4:1 Newcastle

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Thought he had an okay game. Lots of poor touches but looked to drive the team. He will grow into it. People forget he is only 21.

el3mel

He was shit imo. I don't want to be harsh, but honestly I don't remember a single good final pass he made today. His output has been shocking.

Needs a massive improvement or Rashford will take his place when he returns.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Signs of improvement in the first half but right to be taken off in the second. I don’t think anyone really cares that the guy who was supposed to be our great hope for the season isn’t at it at the moment now, though…

3KDré

Luckily we have the luxury of a great squad now...we don't need him to hit the ground running. He's getting better game by game though. It will take him time to adjust.

Reactions: Fortitude

Abraxas

He got the ball in better positions this game. Looks a bit tentative at times and then a bit overly keen to make the quick or incisive pass at others. Just needs to settle down. I think this could take a few months to fully gel and maybe a really good game would help.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I thought he was ok, but there’s big room for improvement. His movement was better today, the final pass lacking.

the_cliff

Looked a lot better today you can see his ability as soon as he touches the ball. Once he gets his fitness and touch back he's gonna be one of our best players. For people who don't know he's a notoriously slow starter, as in it takes him a while (even for Dortmund) to get it going at the start of the season. Not worried at all.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He played with a bit of confidence and sharpness today so that was promising. Tentative but at least he wasn’t hiding. Just on a completely different wavelength to most of his team mates now so those cute passes in the box are going nowhere because neither passer nor receiver know which way to go.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is slowly improving abit, but still not good enough, PL is too much for him and he needs more time to adapt to the pace of the game. Right now I'd say he is behind Martial and Lingard.

Looked more of a threat today imo - though it's the first time I've seen him play for us in full. Having the hype of Ronaldo to take some pressure of his own performances will be excellent for the lad I reckon

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He did well, I actually thought he was our best player in the 1st half. Once he gets used to the league and his teammates, he's going to be great for us.

Bobski

Decent first half, a bit more urgency to his play.

Fans are going to have to adjust their expectations of what type of player he is and forget the numbers he put up in Germany though. He is not going to be constantly picking the ball up, driving at the last defender and whipping balls in, all about the combinations, would probably be great with guys like Mata. The concern is that that type of play is not really our calling under Ole, and if Rashford is fit then he fighting with Mase for the RW.

TheMitz

Maybe the price tag is affecting him, but all the signs are there that when he settled he'll be class.

Jev

He tried something today, which was an improvement. Unfortunately virtually nothing came off. Could find himself very far down the pecking order if he doesn't start producing soon. Martial, Lingard both close, with Rashford coming back and Pogba, maybe even Ronaldo (with Cavani in the centre), a contender for LW too.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
He'll be class. Silky touches and great eye for a pass

R'hllor

Hope its just him needing time to adapt and get space to breathe because right now when you watching him, it looks like there is something off, like something is missing.

GMoore23

He's improving bit by bit but I'm still not impressed he didn't insist on being back earlier in preseason.
I also think he really let his fitness drop during his short break as he's only now beginning to look close to match fit.

Superunknown

Some good moments today. He just needs more time and to play routinely. But, saying that, there is competition for places, so he does need to put the performances in if he wants to start regularly.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Can see why he's a right winger. Was constantly getting down the line and having to cut back.

Would have liked to see him and Mason switch

Dinghy

He just looks so flat. Always seems to be playing with 80% effort. Rashford is far better than him. The next Donny.

Kaos

Better game from him today. I wish he'd be a bit braver and take defenders on a bit more, still plays it too safe for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.