Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Concerning. 2/3 years chasing him for this? Not a 5-3-2 system player, either.
Chill. You really think United are going to play a 5-3-2 for even 60% of the rest of the season?

If anything a wing back system could be just as suited for him as back four systems. He’d be well suited to a 3-4-2-1/3-4-3 system.

passing-wind

It will take a manager with an attacking ethos to get the best out of Sancho, Greenwood, VDB etc. Ole is too green to get the best out of these players while he's still finding his feet in trying to understand the identity of this team.

Skills

Snitch
Chill. You really think United are going to play a 5-3-2 for even 60% of the rest of the season?

If anything a wing back system could be just as suited for him as back four systems. He’d be well suited to a 3-4-2-1/3-4-3 system.
Solskjaers a chancer. He literally hasn't got a clue what he's actually working towards. He stumbles on something and runs with it until it stops working.

::sonny::

Playing in bundesliga is much different

No pressing, no pressure, slow tempo

Not surprised

OrcaFat

We’re absolutely not playing 3-5-2 indefinitely. We had to steady the ship today. Young jadon will settle in before too long and will get plenty of game time

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
If We're going 5-3-2, his careers over here before it even began.
There's no reason we can't play the variant of that formation Chelsea play a lot, with two 10s instead of two CFs.

-------------------De Gea
-----Lindelöf-Varane-Maguire
AWB-----McT-------Fred-------Shaw
-------Fernandes--Sancho
-----------------Ronaldo

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Maybe so, but I'm not as worried about Sancho's form as his omission. I think it is a bit worrying the way he is so slow to settle. Not that a struggling team is ever easy to settle into, but we have seen so many bright attacking players struggle here, so it's a bit worrying. But I'll worry quietly now, so as not to trouble you.

Also I have no idea what your last sentence means, and have no desire to.
It happens everywhere. Look at other young attacking players who have been bought for similar money and very few hit the ground running, improving on what they did previously. This is one thing that money cannot ever really address: you can buy the best talent, but integrating them and getting an immediate return is no easier. So often they just look like kids again.

Let’s give it some time. If United are playing well and winning, someone will have to be on the bench looking in.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
There's no reason we can't play the variant of that formation Chelsea play a lot, with two 10s instead of two CFs.

-------Fernandes--Sancho
-----------------Ronaldo
This.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Ah you could possibly Victor Moses him.
Difference is Moses was a natural winger who always worked hard defensively anyway. Same with Young and Valencia here. With Sancho, he's not a natural winger who likes to hug the touchline, beat his man and whip in a cross, and, from a defensive pov, is a bit of a liability.

To scout him for as long as we did and end up in this position of not having a clue what to do with him is so silly, but also typical United.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
It happens everywhere. Look at other young attacking players who have been bought for similar money and very few hit the ground running, improving on what they did previously. This is one thing that money cannot ever really address: you can buy the best talent, but integrating them and getting an immediate return is no easier. So often they just look like kids again.

Let’s give it some time. If United are playing well and winning, someone will have to be on the bench looking in.
Personally I'd be more comfortable if that was a 28 year old running down his contract than a kid we chased and spunked a load of cash on.

And it's integrating I'm concerned with. I wouldn't worry about poor form as much as being so peripheral.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Difference is Moses was a natural winger who always worked hard defensively anyway. Same with Young and Valencia here. With Sancho, he's not a natural winger who likes to hug the touchline, beat his man and whip in a cross, and, from a defensive pov, is a bit of a liability.

To scout him for as long as we did and end up in this position of not having a clue what to do with him is so silly, but also typical United.
Tis silly, and he's young yet. So all may be rosy after Christmas.

Highfather_24

Bruno was playing in a right attacking midfield role today, which Sancho will do well in.

We do need a Hakimi-esque wing back though.

GMoore23

-------Fernandes--Sancho
-----------------Ronaldo
There's no chance he gets in ahead of Greenwood or Rashford. He's not even ahead of Lingard currently.
Cavani, CR7, Rashford and Greenwood are our strikers.
He'll have to Duke it out with Lingard to be Bruno's backup and I don't think he'll accept being back up at all.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
We scouted him for years, actively tried to sign him through multiple windows, eventually got him for big boy money, and have no idea what to do with him. You can only laugh.
This post reads like a parody but its actually true :(

He has been taken aback by the pace of the Premier League, but we saw this with Donny last season. He eventually dropped out and never fit into tactics/formation we were trying to play.

I still hope, our board are proactive for a change and appoint a new manager in the International break.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
There's no chance he gets in ahead of Greenwood or Rashford. He's not even ahead of Lingard currently.
Cavani, CR7, Rashford and Greenwood are our strikers.
He'll have to Duke it out with Lingard to be Bruno's backup and I don't think he'll accept being back up at all.
Has he played centrally for Dortmund?

izec

We scouted him for years, actively tried to sign him through multiple windows, eventually got him for big boy money, and have no idea what to do with him. You can only laugh.
He is a club signing, we forced Sancho on to Ole obviously:wenger:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
No, he's not identical to Moses, but wouldn't have to be if the set up was tweaked, with three CB and 2 DF I think your wing backs could be of a more adventurous variety.
Whilst this is arguably possible we could almost certainly get a better right wing back with the money we could sell Sancho for.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Relax. Martial and Lingard will probably go so that means there will be games for him.

lsd

The Oracle
Let's face it its over for him at United.
He has slipped into Ole's abyss same as Van De Beek Amad and there's no way back from there

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Bruno was playing in a right attacking midfield role today, which Sancho will do well in.

We do need a Hakimi-esque wing back though.
He was regularly dropping in to a flat 3 in midfield as well. Sancho would not do well at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.