5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

This place is slightly ridiculous. When you try explaining that preseason was not something to go overboard about, and that he's not our best player and was average last year with plenty to prove, you're a naysayer. Even though that seems to me a state of affairs that is perfectly obvious.

Now he has one bad game where he didn't actually get much of the ball in a poor team performance and apparently he's crap.

Let's calm down eh, give it 10 games at least...

Red_Aaron

Let's be honest he's been a really poor signing so far

Would rather play Elanga and I don't think he's much cop either

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I can shine in the Bundesliga as well. Did feck all for England/CL. Not surprised, he adapted to Rashys level
Sancho has never been at Rashford’s best level.

Trex

You need more fire in your belly in the EPL, its kind of the same issue you get from a Pogba, Martial, and Shaw......lacking fight.

Classical Mechanic

You need more fire in your belly in the EPL, its kind of the same issue you get from a Pogba, Martial, and Shaw......lacking fight.
Tend to agree. Does Sancho really have the confidence and big time attitude? He's a gifted player technically but shrinks when the pressure is on.

Mmm-Qatarian

Another poor showing honestly. Some flashes of good play but nowhere near enough. He needs to step it up massively soon or he'll just be another very expensive flop.

Trex

Tend to agree. Does Sancho really have the confidence and big time attitude? He's a gifted player technically but shrinks when the pressure is on.
I'm yet to see an "all action display" from him. Doesn't fully commit for 50/50. Technically great but plays like a 5 aside footballer.

lex talionis

Sancho needs players to pass the ball to and play off of. Only one other starting player showed up today, a man who collapsed on the pitch a year ago.

criticalanalysis

He's such a talent but you can tell those little ball nudges and touches are 5-10 cm off , which lets the opposition nick it away or brush him off physically.

Sigh. Like others, I was hoping he'll carry his pre-season form into the game.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Didn't look fit. But ultimately he just doesn't have the physicality for the PL.

mikeyt

Crazy statement. Elanga is pants, Sancho is a quality player but look at what he's playing with!

Roboc7

Loads of talent but doesn’t look like someone you’ll ever be able to rely on to perform consistently, especially on the right. Looks like another flop.

Trex

Crazy statement. Elanga is pants, Sancho is a quality player but look at what he's playing with!
At this point we can't be making this kind of statement about Sancho, as crap as a lot of his teammate are, most of them have shown more in a united shirt than him.....he needs to show more or he'll soon be labelled a flop.

saik

Would take both Amad and Garnacho over him. Sancho with a good preseason looked this terrible, dread to think how terrible Elanga will be who did feck all in preseason.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yeah the good old ‘Sancho need exactly that right back, that forward and that midfielder to be good’.

As slow as we are in our build up, he is slowing us down even more which is saying something. His casual move is standing on the ball for five seconds, doing 3-4 steps, standing stale for five more seconds and doing nothing.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He's a central player. Playing a small and slow player on the wing won't fly in this league. Very few outliers like Silva.

Trequarista10

For the billionth time. He’s a left winger.
This.

He was also good at Dortmund on the right of a narrow 3 in a 343, but in a 433 or variant he needs to play from the left. He's best coming into central areas.

The United

He's a central player. Playing a small and slow player on the wing won't fly in this league. Very few outliers like Silva.
That's what he is exactly. He is Mata with a bit better dribbling. And, Mata failed to make an impact. But hopefully, once we get ETH's system, Sancho will be much more useful than Mata ever was.

El Jefe

Poor today but we desperately need a RW. Regardless of how well he played on the right in preseason, he is a natural left sided forward.

He really needs to stop being so lightweight and up his intensity.

Gandalf

Tough to judge today as there was no service to his side, Dalot was invisible and our midfield couldn’t buy a pass. He came infield a few times out of pure frustration and looked comfortable when he got on the ball but there was nobody showing for a pass.

Irwin99

A whole lot of nothing yet again.

When the team starts playing well, he'll improve massively but it's hard not get frustrated by how passive he seems. You're a 70 million pound winger. MAKE things happen, take charge, be aggressive.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Still harbour hopes because he looks good in the middle third of the pitch and the stats back that up, it’s just waiting for him to piece it together in the final third and start adding the goals and the assists. Do have a bit of a worry about the dynamism but I am still hopeful!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Even for such a shit performance - he looked much better on the right than he ever did on the left.

On the left he is stuck with the ball at his feet and trying to make eye communication with his defenders.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He started really well for the first 10 minutes or so. Thought he was the best player on the pitch. Then it felt like he completely disappeared from the match, and when he did get on the ball he couldn't get it past the Brighton players.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
When the going gets tough he just does not wanna know. Has bags of natural talent buy really not sure he's got the heart for it. Would probably look incredible at City/Liverpool, but doesn't seem a player up for a scrap.

predator

Youth NITK
He's a very talented footballer with the ball but he's so casual in everything he does. In order to actually get goals and assists he needs to play in a fluid team and we are anyhring but fluid atm.

Andersonson

I dont really get him. I slows down play, rarely beats his man and dont put good crosses in.

I get that he looks flashy, but he really isnt. He needs to really up his game or he will be yet another flop

AndySmith1990

He is the only player in our squad that I have any faith in and the only player I rate as being good enough to play a prominent part in a title winning team. Yes I'm dead serious. I think he's quality

Teja

How are De Bruyne, Gundogan, Thiago and Matip doing?
Thiago is hardly Bundesliga material, cut his teeth at Barca and was already world class by the time he moved. Matip was a bit crap for several seasons and was displaced by Joe Gomez. Only recently came good (towards the end of last season?)

Bratone

So what are his qualities based on which people still believe he's a top player who's gonna make it here ? He looks like an absolutely nothing player and this is not a knee jerk reaction, this is based on what we have seen last season when the excuse was Ole and now when the excuse are the players. Really ? Does he need to play with world class players all over the pitch to make even a slight impact ? Because right now his impact is absolutely 0.

Put a championship player in prime Barcelona's team from 2009 and from 20 touches he will create 1 or 2 chances, so please stop using this "team is crap" non-sense as an excuse. If he can only play with Hakimi making runs on the right and Haaland scoring goals for fun in the Bundesliga then it means he's not really a top player, he's a system player who benefited from playing with (arguably) the best right back and best striker in world football. He may never get to play with that kind of players again, he needs to make an impact right now, with the players that we have. If he can't do it, not even against teams like Brighton who with all the respect, they are a very respectable team which I have tons of admiration for (but that's another discussion), then excuse me but he's nothing more than another really expensive flop.

Bobski

I want to see more fire from him, the technical ability is there, maybe lacks some of the physical qualities you would like for this league but too often he is just relatively anonymous and at the edge of the game. We need him, especially with the money he is on, to be a leader and difference maker.

If he doesn't significantly improve from last season he will miss the WC and Utd will be looking for a replacement in the summer.

One game and he looked great pre-season so I am still expecting big things from him this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.