g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jadon Sancho image 25

Jadon Sancho England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaku06

Vulgarian
This kind of opponent suits him. He had a lot of time on the ball, room out wide, and Rashford always looking for the ball. It’s obvious he has great skills but for some reason he chooses the safe option too often. Maybe it really is just some form of mental weakness that can be dealt with, cuz there’s a great player in there, just have to entice him out more.
That great player in there is if no use if it’s never coming out. That great player in there will always be in there because it’s trapped in the wrong body and weak mind. Somebody flash a light non stop in Sancho’s face so that the said trapped great player in there can GET OUT for once.

Hoof the ball

He doesn't run channels, meanwhile, Saka and Martinelli run them for days.
He doesn't cross, therefore, Rashford doesn't stay central anticipating a header and instead comes out to play off Sancho, leaving Rashford no where near dangerous areas.
He barely takes his man on, so he doesn't attract double-teams in order that we can have some space to exploit.
He's very slow to 50/50 and loose balls, as well as defensive transitions.

We've reached a point in which when he doesn't mess up we credit him. The bar is lowered to the point in which we see this as a good game, but the reality is that he was completely ineffective in a game vs. a team that conceded the ball to us all game.

Idxomer

He did well, he's always better when the opposition is camped in their own half.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Everything he does is soft.

Soft passing, soft shooting, his attempts at taking on defenders lack any kind of conviction. There is no venom to his game.
It’s like trying to feck with a limp dick.

Cathy Ferguson

Decent cameo but nothing that suggests that he has improved materially. Garnacho is ahead of him. Both are weak defensively though.

PoTMS

Fed up of this completely useless ineffective player getting any minutes for us. We should demand more. All of his minutes should be given to Pellistri.

Abraxas

The other thing that pisses me off about him is he virtually NEVER makes a penetrating run. Once in a bluemoon, and that's being generous. That inside run that the elite wingers do to get between the posts and threaten the goal, it's not even in his game. It's something that requires fitness to do consistently, and a willingness to sacrifice yourself for the team because you might only get the pass 1 in 20 times. He doesn't seem to want to make that commitment, or he is too brainless to figure out that it might be an idea.

At the moment if he's not got the ball played into feet he will give you absolutely nothing off the ball, which is really disapointing.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Was alright. I thought he had a few good moments both offensively and defensively. I would definitely keep him on LW and Rashford up front if Martial still isn't fit to start. If he is, bench Sancho.
Honestly I think he's as good as gone.

next_number_seven

Was alright. I thought he had a few good moments both offensively and defensively. I would definitely keep him on LW and Rashford up front if Martial still isn't fit to start. If he is, bench Sancho.
Honestly I think he's as good as gone.
I think Ten Hag is only talking him up to get a decent offer for him. Same as Maguire.

Chinchy98

Thought he was okay if not bright today. Tidy, worked it out of tight spaces well.

Didn’t ever strike me as dangerous

Wrecking ralf

Do we have any dortmund fans who watched him constantly during his time with you who could point out the differences in his play now. He doesn’t seem anything even close to the same player, physically or mentally. I get that it’s a different league but the change in him is so massive it’s baffling. What exactly is his issue that he can’t recreate his previous form even once for us.

pascell

Do we have any dortmund fans who watched him constantly during his time with you who could point out the differences in his play now. He doesn’t seem anything even close to the same player, physically or mentally. I get that it’s a different league but the change in him is so massive it’s baffling. What exactly is his issue that he can’t recreate his previous form even once for us.
I watched him plenty, this version we're seeing is absolutely nothing like what he produced for Dortmund. He was much more direct, constantly running at his man or bringing his overlapping full back or no.8/10 into play and he scored quite a few goals.

Bundesliga is a lot less frantic and chaotic than the PL, defenders are slower and the intensity is lesser so he didn't get pressed as much.

I think we'll look at moving him on in summer, or give him one last chance next season, which needs to be a wakeup call to the club and new owner that they need the best in recruitment and talent identification.

Wrecking ralf

I watched him plenty, this version we're seeing is absolutely nothing like what he produced for Dortmund. He was much more direct, constantly running at his man or bringing his overlapping full back or no.8/10 into play and he scored quite a few goals.

Bundesliga is a lot less frantic and chaotic than the PL, defenders are slower and the intensity is lesser so he didn't get pressed as much.

I think we'll look at moving him on in summer, or give him one last chance next season, which needs to be a wakeup call to the club and new owner that they need the best in recruitment and talent identification.
But it’s not just a time and space issue with him surely. He’s offered that a lot at times, given certain teams will just sit back and allow us time and space to build attacks. The only thing I can think of, besides that something drastic is affecting him mentally, is he need the right type of players around him to allow him to play his natural game. For someone who was deemed world class though that’s not what I’m expecting nor is it what we thought we were paying for.

It’s not uncommon really given Grealish looks pretty underwhelming since moving to city. I’d just like to understand how we’d be able to change his fortune before as I’d agree with you, we move him on.

PSV

But it’s not just a time and space issue with him surely. He’s offered that a lot at times, given certain teams will just sit back and allow us time and space to build attacks. The only thing I can think of, besides that something drastic is affecting him mentally, is he need the right type of players around him to allow him to play his natural game. For someone who was deemed world class though that’s not what I’m expecting nor is it what we thought we were paying for.

It’s not uncommon really given Grealish looks pretty underwhelming since moving to city. I’d just like to understand how we’d be able to change his fortune before as I’d agree with you, we move him on.
He was quite wasteful for Dortmund, even more so than Bruno has had a tendency to be. He didn't mind trying audacious stuff to get into a good position.

If he lost the ball at Dortmund it was more a case of oh well, next time, whereas now he looks almost afraid to attempt things that could lose him the ball.

Wrecking ralf

He was quite wasteful for Dortmund, even more so than Bruno has had a tendency to be. He didn't mind trying audacious stuff to get into a good position.

If he lost the ball at Dortmund it was more a case of oh well, next time, whereas now he looks almost afraid to attempt things that could lose him the ball.
See that is an interesting point. Currently at Utd we can be quite vulnerable and possession loss can easily result in a goal or at least a chance on goal. Could his mentality given we signed him during a terrible spell make him reluctant to be adventurous incase he does lose possession and costs us a goal. We all know how quickly a player can be jumped on in England for a mistake, even more so at this club. I really can’t see it being instructions from the manager as we know how ETH likes to play football.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Not the player who works well when we aren't at full flow as an attacking unit. His play looks good when everyone is in sync, but I don't see him individually making the difference for us.

Eddy_JukeZ

A typical performance from him. He just always leave you wanting more.

I'm not a fan of his at all.

Red Star One

Thing is, he doesn't make you feel that we will score a goal. When I see it's him receiving the ball near the box, I'm pretty calm and confident we'll not score for this - too often he chooses to pass backwards, doesn't run at defence, you've all seen this, no threat. Today he was not awful and better than last cameo at Newcastle (only because that was terrible), but the clock is ticking and if he doesn't produce a few very good performances before the end of the season, it will be difficult not to think about selling in the summer.

Bondi77

I only got to see the first half and I thought he was tidy but carried no threat but the bar has been seriously lowered since his arrival.

Waynne

Get rid in the summer.

Is a passenger in this team. With Garnacho and Pellistri you at at least know they'll take the risk to be more adventurous in a attacking play. Take on their man, run the channels, just something.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I only watched the second half but thought he was quite good before being subbed. A lot of nice interplay with others which played a big part in how we were cutting through Brentford and getting in good positions. Still not as dangerous around the box as I'd like, but his overall play was good in the period that I saw.

Blood Mage

Not cut out for PL football sadly. Can see him going out on loan next season and eventually sold.

In Rainbows

You guys keep saying get rid, but it's virtually impossible with his wages and form. What club would take on those wages? Only a club like PSG can afford to spend like that. These wages are high even for the biggest clubs in the PL.

I thought he helped in our build up with how tidy he was. A Kagawa like performance. Not dangerous. Obviously that's not something you want from an attacker, and from that standpoint I can see why it's not good enough.

Bondi77

You guys keep saying get rid, but it's virtually impossible with his wages and form. What club would take on those wages? Only a club like PSG can afford to spend like that. These wages are high even for the biggest clubs in the PL.

I thought he helped in our build up with how tidy he was. A Kagawa like performance. Not dangerous. Obviously that's not something you want from an attacker, and from that standpoint I can see why it's not good enough.
We won't be able to get rid without taking a massive loss and Stevie Wonder can see that.
I just want him to be judged by Erik on how he plays at Utd and not his previous reputation as we have players behind him in the pecking order that could have a bigger impact on the game.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Why is he so afraid of taking on players? That was what attracted me to him as a United player- the ability to leave defenders for dead with a quick drop of the shoulder

Eli Zee

needs more aggression and attacking output... cant have a passenger being 1/3rd of our front line when are already don't have a clear striker

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
His possession play was very good. His attacking play was not. Needs more aggression in that regard. As a defender you know that he’ll never cut inside and be a goal threat so he becomes easy to defend. If he can keep up the general play till the end of the season at least that’ll be a foundation to build on.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Every time we get a player from Dortmund they turn out to be duds -- or they cant handle the pressure at United and are permanently damaged confidence-wise like Kagawa or Miki.

Starting to worry about Bellingham now!

Suv666

We have shifted high earners like Sanchez before by sending on loan and paying a part of the wage bill that’s the only option im afraid

Kramer

People comparing Sancho and Antony.

Thing with Antony is - even when he’s not performing, you can see the fight and determination. His defensive workrate is unquestionable.

With Sancho, you don’t even see that. He lacks the intensity in his game. Hope he can turn it around, but at the moment it’s hard to see how. Hope ETH can work a miracle here.

Status
Not open for further replies.