g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jadon Sancho image 25

Jadon Sancho England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
He needs a run of games to develop any rhythm, I'd love to see him off the left Flanking Rashford with Antony holding out wide right for a couple of games. Good thing Martial is back, if he's not doing well take him off after 65min for Martial then Move Rashford out wide. The throw in Wout as last option 70min+

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He needs a run of games to develop any rhythm, I'd love to see him off the left Flanking Rashford with Antony holding out wide right for a couple of games. Good thing Martial is back, if he's not doing well take him off after 65min for Martial then Move Rashford out wide. The throw in Wout as last option 70min+
Bad idea. He makes us worse and we can’t sacrifice competitions just to make him comfortable and happy.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
We tend to buy bad players from Dortmund , good ones seem to go other clubs.
Sancho was better than Haaland for Dortmund and look what he's doing at City. Antony was also great for Ajax. Maybe it has something to do with you, not the players.

One way or another, it's a shame what's happening with Sancho. He was easily one of the most exciting players in the world two years ago and look at him now.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He will most certainly be here next season
the question is will he be first 11 or not next year.
Maguire is "here" this year. Not 1st 11.

Sancho needs a Rashford like improvement to see him in the first 11 or indeed he will be here next year but on the bench, and frankly if a player is not good enough for the first 11 then they should be replaced with players that are. I think thats what ETH will do over time.

The only thing protecting Sancho's tenure right now is his contract, his performances are totally sub standard

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sancho lacks speed - he relied on space behind weaker full backs and generally worse positioned collective Ds in the BL to run onto after a one two. The play in England is simply too quick for Sancho to be anything other than a once in a while guy. He'll never be consistently good for a long run of games in my opinion. I can see why ETH would be losing patience with him if that story is to be believed.

Syphon Wallet

Sancho lacks speed - he relied on space behind weaker full backs and generally worse positioned collective Ds in the BL to run onto after a one two. The play in England is simply too quick for Sancho to be anything other than a once in a while guy. He'll never be consistently good for a long run of games in my opinion. I can see why ETH would be losing patience with him if that story is to be believed.
And Antony seems to lack pace as well, to succeed in the Prem you need to be very quick and be pushing the fullbacks, or you need to be a very good player to compensate.

Ten Hag didn't seem to be aware of this yet when he asked the club to buy Antony for such a shocking price.

redcucumber

Sancho was better than Haaland for Dortmund and look what he's doing at City. Antony was also great for Ajax. Maybe it has something to do with you, not the players.

One way or another, it's a shame what's happening with Sancho. He was easily one of the most exciting players in the world two years ago and look at him now.
Other players are thriving in the current setup, and we've also now got one of the top managers in football, so at some point the players have to take responsibility for their own output. Antony still has time on his side having only recently joined and has shown far more than Sancho this season.

redcucumber

And Antony seems to lack pace as well, to succeed in the Prem you need to be very quick and be pushing the fullbacks, or you need to be a very good player to compensate.

Ten Hag didn't seem to be aware of this yet when he asked the club to buy Antony for such a shocking price.
Nonsense. Antony is definitely fast enough. Sancho too. The problem is Sancho lacks intensity and a willingness to impose himself on games.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I think Antony is quite a bit faster than Sancho - he also has a few more tricks to go by players than Sancho does.

Bondi77

I am really not bothered about Sancho as we have really good youngsters to come into the wide positions.
I just think it is going to be interesting how long Erik will put up with him.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Other players are thriving in the current setup, and we've also now got one of the top managers in football, so at some point the players have to take responsibility for their own output. Antony still has time on his side having only recently joined and has shown far more than Sancho this season.
Absolutely, Ten Hag is a top coach. Yet you still haven't overcome all of your issues it seems and who knows what impact the first year at United has left on Sancho. You only get one time to make a first impression and stuff.

Not voiding him of any blame by the way. He has to take responsibility for his form but it sure is suspicious how many players failed at United. Other EPL clubs have a much better success rate with Bundesliga players it seems. And Sancho IMO was the best player so far at the time of his transfer to the EPL alongside Haaland, so if one succeeded, it should have been him.

Syphon Wallet

Nonsense. Antony is definitely fast enough. Sancho too. The problem is Sancho lacks intensity and a willingness to impose himself on games.
Well they both are not showing it, both currently not good enough to compensate for their lack of pace.
Maybe they have more oace than they are showing, but they can't seem to use it effectively.

redcucumber

Absolutely, Ten Hag is a top coach. Yet you still haven't overcome all of your issues it seems and who knows what impact the first year at United has left on Sancho. You only get one time to make a first impression and stuff.

Not voiding him of any blame by the way. He has to take responsibility for his form but it sure is suspicious how many players failed at United. Other EPL clubs have a much better success rate with Bundesliga players it seems. And Sancho IMO was the best player so far at the time of his transfer to the EPL alongside Haaland, so if one succeeded, it should have been him.
I agree. We have failed lots of players with how badly we've been run as a club. I don't think it's particularly suspicious, though - United as a club has largely been an unmitigated disaster since Fergie left (until this season (for the most part)) and nobody has come out of this ten year period looking good.

We're a completely different outfit now but it still seems as if Sancho isn't capable of getting involved enough. He wasn't the only one who suffered under the nightmare of last season but he was only 21 when he signed and it wouldn't be at all surprising if it impacted his development to such an extent that he just needs a restart elsewhere. I'd have loved to have seen him with a proper attacking right back flanking him but I'm not sure if he'll make it beyond this season. Gutting really.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I agree. We have failed lots of players with how badly we've been run as a club. I don't think it's particularly suspicious, though - United as a club has largely been an unmitigated disaster since Fergie left (until this season (for the most part)) and nobody has come out of this ten year period looking good.

We're a completely different outfit now but it still seems as if Sancho isn't capable of getting involved enough. He wasn't the only one who suffered under the nightmare of last season but he was only 21 when he signed and it wouldn't be at all surprising if it impacted his development to such an extent that he just needs a restart elsewhere. I'd have loved to have seen him with a proper attacking right back flanking him but I'm not sure if he'll make it beyond this season. Gutting really.
I feel the same way. Somehow United just broke him and he still hasn't recovered and maybe never will while being at United.

Anyone saying he doesn't have a fight in him simply hasn't seen him at his best in Dortmund, but even there he was prone to slumps in form and needing a kick in the a** to get going again. Feels like Dortmund - while not being constantly able to get the best out of him - at least sometimes got him going the right way and United never did.

I won't speculate on the reasons in detail, that's just the feeling I get when watching him now.

RuudTom83

It's just not happening for him, very hard to see any real positives when he plays, some games he will play okay for 10-15 minutes and might grab the odd goal.

But the least you should ask for is that a player affects the game good or bad (see Antony) but Jadon goes missing 99% of the time.

Peelhead

Someone of the journos really needs to ask about him on these pressers
Brave journalist needed for that! He's probably got a really bland answer ready tbf given how the media are into everything these days.

As fans, we'd better get used to it because I just can't see a way out of it unless the player starts hitting form and keeping his levels up there. Which seems unlikely right now.

spiriticon

I do agree we are not the best club for Sancho. Perhaps he'd be better off where the pressure and spotlight isn't so great week in, week out. We aren't brilliant and rely on someone who can take games by the neck and win it. We can't do system players since the system is not there yet.

For whatever reason, if he cannot snap out of it then we need to sell before he runs his contract down to zero like Pogba did.

Xaviboy

Another one we wont be able to get of the books easily. Be a loan to another club id say in summer. Dont think he be part of ETH plans going in to new seson.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I do agree we are not the best club for Sancho. Perhaps he'd be better off where the pressure and spotlight isn't so great week in, week out. We aren't brilliant and rely on someone who can take games by the neck and win it. We can't do system players since the system is not there yet.
I don't know how often I already said this before, but Sancho did exactly this for Dortmund. He was their main man and they relied on him to make things happen. And he did (when he was in form, which wasn't always the case). He just never got into this form for United.

spiriticon

I don't know how often I already said this before, but Sancho did exactly this for Dortmund. He was their main man and they relied on him to make things happen. And he did (when he was in form, which wasn't always the case). He just never got into this form for United.
Well, then he must go. The club and player are just not gelling.

Erics_Collar

No excuses for this fraud tonight.

Either put in a performance that somewhat resembles someone who is actually trying, or Get TFO.

He's been given preferential treatment that most footballers don't get. The buck stops tonight.

AFC NimbleThumb

No excuses for this fraud tonight.

Either put in a performance that somewhat resembles someone who is actually trying, or Get TFO.

He's been given preferential treatment that most footballers don't get. The buck stops tonight.
Who hurt you lad, relax.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Will be surprised if he isn't subbed off before 65mins. Probably because we're chasing the game.

wangyu

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sancho playing closer to Antony today which means Bruno or Rashford will have to fill up the void on the left. You cannot play him on the left only as he doesn’t create much.

zaafi

I'm gonna be watching him closely tonight just to get a confirmation of how much he doesn't give a shit. Zero fight in him at all and plays with less intensity than the players in the Norwegian top league.

Status
Not open for further replies.