Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boavista

Did pep want to keep him?
I believe so, but doubt he's the type to lose any sleep over losing a youth player given City's budget. There were some reports at the time that Dortmund could have signed Sancho for next to nothing, i.e. development compensation, as his contract was still just that of a youth player, with City not having any say in the matter. But apparently the murkiness of the situation made Dortmund negotiate a regular transfer fee with City to avoid the transfer getting dragged through the courts.

SaidA_12

If Qatar comes in then offloading Sancho at a reduced fee won't be a problem for united if Ten Hag at the end of the season deems Sancho not integral to his future plans. The only issue is his obscenely high wage. I guess that can be factored into any potential transfer fee. Im not sure, but over £300k/week for a 22-year-old from the Bundesliga was such a bad, bad decision.

Lecland07

He is very disappointing, but I don't know what that makes Antony. Sancho still has more goals and assists than him.

Maybe we should stop buying wingers? Our youth players seem to have a better success rate.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Maybe it would be best to just part ways and give it a second try elsewhere. Something is clearly not working out and I want to see Sancho back at his best.

lex talionis

Didn't seize the chance, but then again Sancho isn't the kind of footballer who can dominate an opponent. Still, we need to see much more from him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
According to Samuel Luckhurst ETH is losing patience with Jadon Sancho. I wonder if top reds at redcafe would turn against the manager because of it. After all I got slaughtered for saying that it would be untenable for Manchester United to keep a 350k a week player just for hugs and cuddles.

Cathy Ferguson

Maybe it would be best to just part ways and give it a second try elsewhere. Something is clearly not working out and I want to see Sancho back at his best.
The big hurdle is his crazy wages. Let him and Antony fight for the RW next season. I would sell him for 35m but are there any bidders?

OmarUnited4ever

I've seen some posters call him a luxury player and I disagree with that.

For me, a luxury player is one that does not provide enough work rate on the ball but is very aggressive with the ball at his feet, someone like Hazard or or CR7, even Mpabbe is kinda of a luxury player who you would accommodate so he can do his magic.

Nowadays Sancho doesn't even do much with the ball or without it, he had some decentish games especially when the whole team played well but other than that he is just a player who offers nothing much when the team needs really needs him

dinostar77

I blame Utd recruitment more than Sancho. Like Antony he is a wide playmaker rather than a more traditional winger like garnacho.

Both Sancho and Anothy need attacking full backs behind them to help support their game. Both needs fullbacks to provide width for different reasons. We wont see the best of Sancho until he plays in one position consistently and can strike up that long term partnership with a fullback be it off left wing or right wing.

crossy1686

career ending
Interesting to hear that Ten Hag is losing patience with Sancho, problem is that we've been here before and these players who should have left two seasons in are still here 6 seasons later and still stinking up the place.

crossy1686

career ending
I've seen some posters call him a luxury player and I disagree with that.

For me, a luxury player is one that does not provide enough work rate on the ball but is very aggressive with the ball at his feet, someone like Hazard or or CR7, even Mpabbe is kinda of a luxury player who you would accommodate so he can do his magic.

Nowadays Sancho doesn't even do much with the ball or without it, he had some decentish games especially when the whole team played well but other than that he is just a player who offers nothing much when the team needs really needs him
Berbatov was the poster luxury player, Sancho isn't fit to clean his boots.

Pickle85

According to Samuel Luckhurst ETH is losing patience with Jadon Sancho. I wonder if top reds at redcafe would turn against the manager because of it. After all I got slaughtered for saying that it would be untenable for Manchester United to keep a 350k a week player just for hugs and cuddles.
Jesus, what is your problem. Have a day off...you're just RELENTLESSLY negative. If football makes you this negative try fecking volleyball.

devilish

Jesus, what is your problem. Have a day off...you're just RELENTLESSLY negative. If football makes you this negative try fecking volleyball.
Its not about being negative or positive but the fact that no club likes or can afford a squad player on a 350k a week. It is that simple and the rest is unimportant if not redundant

Last edited:

devilish

I blame Utd recruitment more than Sancho. Like Antony he is a wide playmaker rather than a more traditional winger like garnacho.

Both Sancho and Anothy need attacking full backs behind them to help support their game. Both needs fullbacks to provide width for different reasons. We wont see the best of Sancho until he plays in one position consistently and can strike up that long term partnership with a fullback be it off left wing or right wing.
This shit happens. Players might be doing great at one Club but end up being shit at another. Our biggest mistake was to give him that silly salary. It makes it very difficult for us to get rid off

Zetrio2002

Sancho has shown great passing and shooting ability.

People said Ozil was the assist king. That's rubbish. Ozil does not dare to shoot when it's time for him to shoot.

Sancho is much more balanced in this case. He can shoot/pass/dribble well.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If he cares about his career, ask to leave and willing to take paycut somewhere. Because right now it's not working for him even after ten Hag sent him specifically to Netherlands for some ''special'' training. 350k pw is a lot of money for someone who is struggling to compete in starting XI.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Get rid in the summer, doesn't have what it takes to make it here unfortunately. It's a shame as I had high hopes for him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’d sell him for free to try and stop the 350k per week tbh.

I don’t see any transfer fee is realistic with that wage.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
So maybe the loan isn’t such a bad idea anymore? Nobody will pay a fee for him while having to match his wages, however I could see a bottom half PL team subsiding his wages if they can have him as an option in their squad (talking about Everton, Wolves, Nottingham etc.). This should have been done long ago but next year is also an option, even if we intend to sell him it will be easier with less time left on his contract and with a season of (hopefully) decent regular football behind him.

I’d be reluctant to send him on loan abroad at this point though. Dortmund would probably gladly take him but having him adapt to our league will be more beneficent.

I’d probably rather send him out and keep Diallo/Pellistri.

stoinz

Don't think he fits here to be honest. It is not the skill that he is lacking but the bite. He always seems too careful with his play and unconformtable with the physical side of the game. Im sure he will do well in Spain or Italy where the game may be more technical and less physical. Just not the right fit.

devilish

So maybe the loan isn’t such a bad idea anymore? Nobody will pay a fee for him while having to match his wages, however I could see a bottom half PL team subsiding his wages if they can have him as an option in their squad (talking about Everton, Wolves, Nottingham etc.). This should have been done long ago but next year is also an option, even if we intend to sell him it will be easier with less time left on his contract and with a season of (hopefully) decent regular football behind him.

I’d be reluctant to send him on loan abroad at this point though. Dortmund would probably gladly take him but having him adapt to our league will be more beneficent.

What would that solve though?

A- There are very few clubs capable or willing of paying that salary. Thus we'll probably be subsidizing his salary while he's playing elsewhere
B- Clubs who are not willing to spend350k a week on Sancho now will not do that in 12 months time after he scored a couple of goals with Bournemouth.

We've seen that with most of our loans. They always seem to come back to us only for us to loan them elsewhere.

I'd say that its time for Murtoughy to earn his keep.

A- He should be able to persuade both the club and the player that a painful loss in revenue (fee and salary) is not only necessary but inevitable. The club won't be asking silly money for Sancho but Sancho need to realise that if he wants a productive career in football then he'll have to take a pay cut.
B- He should try and find a buyer for Sancho.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I don't want to go there, but he looks like one of the last off the Woodward line of high-wages and no fecks given.

I get no sense of urgency or desire from him to impact a game, improve, push us to a win. Everything he does is so safe and lacklustre. Even some of his best moments look so lacklustre and not even in a Dimitar Berbatov cool kind of way.

Could go down as one of the most disappointing signings in the history of football. But I also believe the people who signed him had absolutely no idea what they were getting and saw big G/A numbers in BuLi and thought it would translate effortlessly. It wouldn't surprise me if they thought he was a 'pacy winger's too.

If someone would take him, I'd move him on in a heartbeat but no one will want this version of Sancho, and no one will pay him even half of what we do.

skc_18

We tend to buy bad players from Dortmund , good ones seem to go other clubs.

Wing Attack Plan R

As we have seen time and again though we should take with a pinch of salt performances in the German league. At the moment I am getting mata vibes from him. Unless there is wide open space for him to run into all he is doing is recycling the ball

but look, perhaps with a better striker to link with we maybe see better returns
Mata had the ability to unlock stubborn defenses and play that final breathtaking ball — comparing him to Mata just insults our beautiful bearded diminutive Spaniard. Mata never looked like he couldn’t be bothered with the basics, the way Sancho looks, and I don’t think Sancho has one tenth of the ability to read the game like Mata had.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Yeah I think a loan might be a good idea. A change of scenery might benefit him and either we get a good footballer or a better transfer fee. I don’t think we can take another year of this level from him without our season being greatly impacted

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

A- There are very few clubs capable or willing of paying that salary. Thus we'll probably be subsidizing his salary while he's playing elsewhere
B- Clubs who are not willing to spend350k a week on Sancho now will not do that in 12 months time after he scored a couple of goals with Bournemouth.

We've seen that with most of our loans. They always seem to come back to us only for us to loan them elsewhere.

A- He should be able to persuade both the club and the player that a painful loss in revenue (fee and salary) is not only necessary but inevitable. The club won't be asking silly money for Sancho but Sancho need to realise that if he wants a productive career in football then he'll have to take a pay cut.
Obviously that clubs may be willing to pay much more / bear a higher portion if he performs really well elsewhere. Or we may get a far better version of him. You’re arguing against a self made scenario wherein he only scored a “couple of goals” on loan.

devilish

Obviously that clubs may be willing to pay much more / bear a higher portion if he performs really well elsewhere. Or we may get a far better version of him. You’re arguing against a self made scenario wherein he only scored a “couple of goals” on loan.
In theory you're right but how many times does that actually happen? The reality is that very few clubs afford a 350k a week player irrespective on how well he performs and most of those who do aren't interested in a player that had tanked at a top level club even if the guy happens to score a couple of goals at Bournemouth.

ShoePolish

Was never the right winger we were looking for, quick glide through internet said as much, not sure how scouts recommended splashing 80 mil on him to fix our most pressing issue at the time. If Rashford makes it as a striker next season, maybe Sancho can take the left wing spot.
Needs a loan to clear his head, perhaps his off field issues are related to being back in Manchester, maybe send him back to Borrusia as a sweetener for Bellingham, even if it's a Nani type loan, with us covering chunk of his wages. Think he's still young enough and there is a player in there.

Wing Attack Plan R

Was never the right winger we were looking for, quick glide through internet said as much, not sure how scouts recommended splashing 80 mil on him to fix our most pressing issue at the time. If Rashford makes it as a striker next season, maybe Sancho can take the left wing spot.
Needs a loan to clear his head, perhaps his off field issues are related to being back in Manchester, maybe send him back to Borrusia as a sweetener for Bellingham, even if it's a Nani type loan, with us covering chunk of his wages. Think he's still young enough and there is a player in there.
I’m done with Sancho, personally. Sancho is the kind of player who gets managers sacked. Persisting with a player who never delivers is a recipe for disaster. Whatever his specialty is, or the elements needed to unlock these skills, that shit ain’t here at United. Sell, move on.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

We would obviously have to subside a portion of his wages. He will also be easier to sell in 2024 as he will only have two years left on his deal so might be willing to accept a lower salary on a longer deal.

Keeping him around does not benefit either side and we won’t find anyone to buy him for an actual fee anyway.

The Dane

I find it strange when people all of the sudden can loose their ability to play football due to mental reasons. I can understand it with golfers and other sports where you have to be 100% mentally ready to perform at the highest level, but football.
I do understand that it is different from being a Sunday league player, and that they can go through phases with low confidence etc, but then at least they can fight and look like they care.
On the positive side it looks like ETH are targeting players with the right mindset. Fighters and winners like Martinez and Casemiro and I trust that given time and money that will bring us back to where United should be.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He won’t be here next season

devilish

We would obviously have to subside a portion of his wages. He will also be easier to sell in 2024 as he will only have two years left on his deal so might be willing to accept a lower salary on a longer deal.

Keeping him around does not benefit either side and we won’t find anyone to buy him for an actual fee anyway.
That would strengthen his negotiating hand not ours. We are free to sell him at any fee we deem appropriate. I'd say that United and Sancho needs to have a serious conversation. The guy is on 350k a week, the club is filled with very promising wingers, he's not delivering, we don't need him and if he insists in staying here then his career will end up mush. Therefore it would be better for both parties if he leave. Thus if he is willing to take a pay cut elsewhere then we'll be willing to sell him for a realistic fee. That's a win win for both. Honestly I am sick of strengthening other clubs (Bailly, Telles, Henderson etc) only for those players to return to United.

Status
Not open for further replies.