Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not better than the young prospects we already have. He is already far ahead in his development but still playing with the same immaturity.
He's actually far more dangerous than any of our youngsters in the dribble and has searing pace. His issue is that he needs a bit of fine tuning in the final third under a good coach.

He also only turned 21, very recently.

ForeverRed1

Buy a young player who’s only proven what he can do in German league with Haaland next to him. Put him in the heaviest shirt in football and pay him 350k a week. No pressure at all. What could possibly go wrong?

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
He's actually far more dangerous than any of our youngsters in the dribble and has searing pace. His issue is that he needs a bit of fine tuning in the final third under a good coach.

He also only turned 21, very recently.
I’ve seen the pace and dribbling ability but not instinctive. Generally you look at instincts and what comes naturally to a young player. You’d expect them to have natural ability or wouldn’t have made it this far as a youngster.
I just doubt him as prodigious talent for us. I look at Lavia in the same team about the same age but lesser experience, you’d think he is a more senior player.
I might be bias due to my liking for Brennan Johnson and expect a player that age should be performing at that level to be classed a talent.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I’ve seen the pace and dribbling ability but not instinctive. Generally you look at instincts and what comes naturally to a young player. You’d expect them to have natural ability or wouldn’t have made it this far as a youngster.
I just doubt him as prodigious talent for us. I look at Lavia in the same team about the same age but lesser experience, you’d think he is a more senior player.
I might be bias due to my liking for Brennan Johnson and expect a player that age should be performing at that level to be classed a talent.
That's fair enough.

He's also only joined Soton in the January transfer window and he is a bit raw when it comes to decision making in the final third but I think under a good coach he could really improve in that aspect.

Yakuza_devils

We spent 2 summers chasing him and spent records fees and wages. He is worse than Garnacho, Greenwood.

He was also sent to special personalized training for months in Holland and came back looking worse. How can it be possible?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
This should be a reminder to any club out there to not pay a player a salary they would be earning when they are 35, not 20.

He doesn't care. He has that lingard mentality that he "made it". Atleast lingard did something for us.

KikiDaKats

Supports
That's fair enough.

He's also only joined Soton in the January transfer window and he is a bit raw when it comes to decision making in the final third but I think under a good coach he could really improve in that aspect.
There is no cap on how a young player can develop. I always fear for a young player moving to United if they are not labelled super talent because the fan base lose patience quickly.

Bondi77

If we do move him on, then I hope we do sign a replacement. And with Southampton rooted to the bottom of table, I hope we make a move for Kamaldeen Sulemana who recently turned 21, and has the potential to develop into a very dangerous wide attacker who is comfortable on either side and has electric pace. He's a bigger talent than Saint Maximim imo and with a bit of fine tuning in the final third he could be a potential bargain from a relegated team.

Both United and Ajax looked at him when he was playing in Denmark with the player coming close to joining Ajax when ten Hag was at the club. And also United's lead scout in Scandinavia (Tommy Moller Nielsen) also recommended him to the club.
Amad is a better player than Sulemana.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Doesn't seem to have any go in him. Jumping out of 50/50 challenges, carrying the ball too long, conservative passing.

Seemed to enjoy his time on the bench sat next to Martial than featuring at anytime on the pitch.

Jeffthered

His wage would be the biggest issue. We'd have to subsidise it. He's on 375k a week ffs.
I mean this is what sickens me with football. How can Jadon Sancho be 'valued' at that? He's looking, genuinely looking, like a Championship player at best. And he doesn't seem to care.

I don't want him at the club unless his attitude changes, big time. All of the fans, both inside Old Trafford and worldwide, gave hime a massive, massive ovation when he made his return recently.

And now look at him, a few weeks later... he doesn't even run!!!!

Leave man, pack your bags, grab your cash, go. You're no Man Utd player (in this frame of mind). No way.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
He is the absolute drizzling shits at the moment, he may still come good....... but i won't bet on it.

AFC NimbleThumb

There is no cap on how a young player can develop. I always fear for a young player moving to United if they are not labelled super talent because the fan base lose patience quickly.
This.

Whilst I understand he has been a mediocre at best since returning why aren’t we giving a permanent member of the squad 19 starts as opposed to a Burnley reject. He’s played well in spurts then been dropped or played poorly subsequently but it’s difficult to gain a rhythm so if EtH is going to blindly play anyone despite form I’d much rather it be on a player who like it or not will be here next year.

Rashford has risen above most of world football claiming the LW & Antony is EtH’s Sancho signing so I struggle to see how he’ll ever get a run of games to show anything. No player is great every game.

IRONTUSK

It`s not looking good is it. I think patience is starting to wear thin with him, he has had plenty of time now to settle in and adjust but I can`t see him ever increasing his current output.
We have spent nearly 200m on him and Antony (who "might" improve) and our attack is literally no better for it.
We are going to be stuck with him like Martial due to his ridiculous wages.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Talent is there. I refuse to believe that he can't be again a player like he was in Dortmund.
I would give him another year for sure. He has potential to be a star. It is all in the head with him.
As we have seen time and again though we should take with a pinch of salt performances in the German league. At the moment I am getting mata vibes from him. Unless there is wide open space for him to run into all he is doing is recycling the ball

but look, perhaps with a better striker to link with we maybe see better returns

KikiDaKats

Supports
This.

Whilst I understand he has been a mediocre at best since returning why aren’t we giving a permanent member of the squad 19 starts as opposed to a Burnley reject. He’s played well in spurts then been dropped or played poorly subsequently but it’s difficult to gain a rhythm so if EtH is going to blindly play anyone despite form I’d much rather it be on a player who like it or not will be here next year.

Rashford has risen above most of world football claiming the LW & Antony is EtH’s Sancho signing so I struggle to see how he’ll ever get a run of games to show anything. No player is great every game.
He has a fight in his hands but he is at a top club so it should be expected. Games are earned in my opinion.
The problem both him and Antony will face is expectation. They transferred on big boy money and fans will expect big boy performances. Whilst the club might have had a different view of their transfers, which is obviously not being communicated well.
I like the fact he going through this period because he is not really had to fight for a right to play in his career, it’s all a part of player development.
I believe next season he will be a big contributor in this team because the manager is still piecing it all together. It’ll exciting watching him progress to be honest.

I know I love me a slagging fest of Sancho but he is no different to what I saw at Dortmund. The difference at Dortmund I accepted he was still learning his trade.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We still need to sign one if we aren't planning to sign a striker but using Rashford as striker due to all the strikers in the market is 100m or more.
We are obviously planning to sign a striker and ten hag clearly doesn't see Rashford as a striker

OT_United

Think I'm losing patience too. After yesterday, I just don't think he's cut out for the Prem.
Yes he's low on confidence but was dodging challenges, hiding from passes and generally his play was extremely poor.
Would cash in for £40/50m from Dortmund.

Mmm-Qatarian

I think Sancho has been underwhelming but I equally think, at times, peoples' expectations are unfair and honestly a bit ridiculous. Yesterday was 100% one of those times.

What could you reasonably expect one player to do? We got absolutely pummeled by Newcastle predominantly because our midfield was absolutely useless. None of our forward players had any significant impact on the game because we were completely unable to get a foothold at any point.

red_de_pologne

Think I'm losing patience too. After yesterday, I just don't think he's cut out for the Prem.
Yes he's low on confidence but was dodging challenges, hiding from passes and generally his play was extremely poor.
350k/week, he's cemented in our team for the next 2-3 years

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I hate how he dribbles right in to the oppositions face.

Godfather

His lack of explosiveness and acceleration really is worrying and it seems he can't improve on it.

Jeffthered

Yep. I saw this. How can you be pulling out of challenges and calling yourself as Manchester United player? He doesn't care. Too many Man Utd players who don't really, really care about how they perform and what it means for the club. Too many 'journey men' at the club. The fantastic Ray Wilkins once said it can be easy for players to hide at United... it's a big club, no relegation... some players are happy to just be a part of it all. But don't have the capacity, the character or personality to be winners. You think Jadon Sancho is a winner?

Take a walk mate, grab your gear, take your money and go join Everton, Palace or some mid-table team, because you are no top four player with this attitude.

Betson

Really want him to do well but sometimes you just have to believe your eyes when you see something that is just not working out.

He is at the club long enough to have settled by now , but still shows every little positive impact.

Would not be surprised if we try and offload in the summer , although we will take a big financial hit on any deal..

redcucumber

End of the line I reckon. I'd have loved to have seen him (and Antony) with a proper attacking minded right back but even still, Sancho just doesn't seem to have much intensity. Needs to drop down a level and find his feet again.

spiriticon

Even Lingard has purple patches of Lingardinho form. Sancho has no patches. It's permanently different shades of brown shit.

I want to see the Dortmund player again, but I don't want to spend millions on new players to fit the team around him because he can't adapt his game. He hasn't even proven an ounce that he is worth such an investment.

I will be honest and say that I was really up for him coming. I got it so badly wrong it's unbelievable.

Chicharito_

Called this from day 1 that we should never have signed him, if you're a winger with no explosiveness/acceleration then you have to be exceptional at other things like passing (Beckham style) sadly he has nothing but decent close ball control. I got crucified on here when I made a post saying we need to stay well clear because he was putting up numbers in the Bundesliga - can we all finally agree after being burned so many times that numbers in the Bundesliga doesn't mean anything?

humdinger

Why are people saying he’s on £350k per week? Didn’t he get a pay cut when we failed to qualify for the champions league? So should be on £262k. Which is still far too much obviously. Surely he’s not on £350k after the pay cut?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Called this from day 1 that we should never have signed him, if you're a winger with no explosiveness/acceleration then you have to be exceptional at other things like passing (Beckham style) sadly he has nothing but decent close ball control. I got crucified on here when I made a post saying we need to stay well clear because he was putting up numbers in the Bundesliga - can we all finally agree after being burned so many times that numbers in the Bundesliga doesn't mean anything?
Hard to tell in isolation. De Bruyne put up excellent assist numbers at Wolfsburg and has continued to do so in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.