5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

I do wonder who would take him if we did try to move him on (I reckon he gets another year).

His wages are ridiculous and it will be tough to move him on whilst he still has years left

Born2Lose

Pathetic performance, playing against a 37 year old Jesus Navas playing as a full back.

van Nistelrooy

I have no idea what he does in games.

Anonymous virtually every game. Has no desire to battle a player for the ball or to track back to do defensive duties. You can get away with it if you're Messi, but his attacking output is near enough non-existant too.

I've no idea what he has done in nearly two seasons to warrant the fee with forked out for him.

Roboc7

I do wonder who would take him if we did try to move him on (I reckon he gets another year).

His wages are ridiculous and it will be tough to move him on whilst he still has years left
No one will buy him because of his wages,I think we’d have to loan him out. We’d have the same problem next year so I’d just bite the bullet this summer and send him on loan.

el3mel

Common pattern has emerged on this forum over the years, the players the transfer Muppets clamour the most for are always shite..

Sanchez
Mkhi
Di Maria
Pogba
Schwenstiger
Schneiderlin
Depay
Falcao
Sancho

Resident caf scouts are as useless as the club scouts it seems.
Di Maria shouldn't be here. He flopped alright but not because he was a bad player or anything. A lot of circumstances led to his failure here, including LVG himself.

Mikhi did well considering everything and he wasn't a Muppet signing at all.. The rest were shit though I agree.

Chief123

Goals: He's better than 75% of the wide attackers in the league
Assists: He's better than 54%
Expected assists: 58%
Shot Creating Actions: 86%
Take ons: 71%
Progressive passes, carries and passes received: 70%
Pass completion: 95%
Passes attempted(Hideability): 75%

It wouldn't have to be that big a jump.
:lol: Keep working those stats.

el3mel

Imagine having Sancho and Martial as your main attackers going into a crucial tie you need to win.

2 cowards with zero guts or fight in them. It's not a surprise we lost.

Sylar

No one will buy him because of his wages,I think we’d have to loan him out. We’d have the same problem next year so I’d just bite the bullet this summer and send him on loan.
I'd be interested to see which teams come for him and which Sancho would be happy to go to.

A loan isn't a bad idea but I think we're gonna let him have a 'final' year next season. Well unless Eth gets sacked next season and then a new manager comes in thinking he can get the best out of Sancho :nervous:

KD6-3.7

I would have no issues if we were to get rid of Sancho. He's just far to timid and never plays with any urgency.

Another big money transfer that just hasn't worked out, but because of his wages we are going to have such a hard time shifting him, most likely goes back to Dortmund on loan.

ForeverRed1

He just doesn’t have the minerals to play for united. We need warriors, fighters, put yourself on the line type players and he’s just not that.

he lacks intensity and physicality. A massive confidence player and if any club is going to give you an inferiority complex it’s united. It’s a tough club to play for. The fact we have been shite for 10 years but still have the expectation purely because we’re united, makes it difficult. The biggest fan base in world football means many many eyes on you and means many people laugh at you when you fall. It’s pure pressure and can really suck the fun out of football if you’re not tough enough to deal with it. We have seen it over and over again. We need players with thick skins, made of metal.

saik

Agree with all the posters saying he's a complete pussy. I was just wondering if he ever received any booking for us and looked it up in fbref and ofcourse he has 0 bookings playing for us. Why wouldn't you? When you never even attempt to make any challenge. :lol:

Him and Martial(who has the added bonus of never staying fit) should be first ones that need to be booted out. 500k+/week wages combined for these kind of pathetic performances. No thank you.

Roboc7

I'd be interested to see which teams come for him and which Sancho would be happy to go to.

A loan isn't a bad idea but I think we're gonna let him have a 'final' year next season. Well unless Eth gets sacked next season and then a new manager comes in thinking he can get the best out of Sancho :nervous:
I think you are right and he will get that year, if we get a striker though he’ll hardly play and will have to battle Garnacho to be 2nd choice. I can’t see him coping very well in that scenario so I’d imagine he’ll be quite open to going anywhere.

Said for a long time I see him going back
to Dortmund on loan, although it’s unlikely to happen this summer I would t rule it out.

Sylar

I think you are right and he will get that year, if we get a striker though he’ll hardly play and will have to battle Garnacho to be 2nd choice. I can’t see him coping very well in that scenario so I’d imagine he’ll be quite open to going anywhere.

Said for a long time I see him going back
to Dortmund on loan, although it’s unlikely to happen this summer I would t rule it out.
Yeah I was thinking Dortmund return or maybe Italy might suit him. Then again he might be comfy due to the wages and length of contract. Guess we will see.

Garnacho would have made a difference for sure.

Chief123

Agree with all the posters saying he's a complete pussy. I was just wondering if he ever received any booking for us and looked it up in fbref and ofcourse he has 0 bookings playing for us. Why wouldn't you? When you never even attempt to make any challenge. :lol:

Him and Martial(who has the added bonus of never staying fit) should be first ones that need to be booted out. 500k+/week wages combined for these kind of pathetic performances. No thank you.
I don’t have as much issue with his lack of aggression out of possession.

My bigger concern is his lack of aggression WITH the ball. He reminds me of a small kid playing 5 a side with the dads and just waiting to be ushered off the ball or slammed into the wall.

He never threatens any full back in world football. You know it’s really bad when you see him in the starting lineup and you check the bench to see who can come on for him when we need to drag him off. He’s literally in the team to occupy a spot and get us to the 60 minute mark so we can bring someone on to change the game because it’s been so dull on his side.

Kaos

Fat camp clearly hasn't worked for him, so maybe Erik needs to next ship him off to Thailand to some grueling MMA bootcamp, so he comes back not being such a coward.

Dan James was levels below him in technical ability, but he was still a more useful player for us.

saik

I don’t have as much issue with his lack of aggression out of possession.

My bigger concern is his lack of aggression WITH the ball. He reminds me of a small kid playing 5 a side with the dads and just waiting to be ushered off the ball or slammed into the wall.

He never threatens any full back in world football. You know it’s really bad when you see him in the starting lineup and you check the bench to see who can come on for him when we need to drag him off. He’s literally in the team to occupy a spot and get us to the 60 minute mark so we can bring someone on to change the game because it’s been so dull on his side.
Yup complete pussy on and off the ball. Zero intensity in his game. There's no point continuing to give him game time if this is how he plays. Give that game time to Pellistri, atleast we know he puts in an effort when he plays and that alone is a massive improvement over whatever Sancho provides us.

Remember the geese

I was very excited when we signed him but sometimes you just have to admit you were wrong. He's a complete waste of space. A passenger. A ghost. He's got no redeeming features at all.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He's probably the most technically skilled player in our squad, but I don't think he's going to succeed at Manchester United. The talent is there, but he's so far off what we need mentality wise it's a joke. Pulls out of every tackle, takes the safest option out, doesn't proactively get into positions and is so comfortable being invisible in games, so content with being hooked off game after game without making an impact. Nah, he doesn't have the mentality it takes to be that guy.

I think we should cut losses early, take the financial hit, and move him on. Get someone better to claim the opportunities he is wasting.

Time to call it a day on this unfortunate Sancho experiment.

Big Ray

What a complete waste of talent. Lacking in any kind of mental strength. He should look across at the other wing and see a player that looks like he’s going to develop into something as he has the mental strength to match the ability. Ship him off somewhere in the summer.

Strelok

It's just his usual performance so nothing much to be said more imo. But it's quite worrying he showed no desire, no frustration nothing it's like he's happy with just being paid. It seems football is just a painful job for him and he has made enough to not worry about money for life. Won't surprise me if he'd see his current contract out and leave on a free.

dazjoe

He's another Deli Alli, it's painfully obvious. Clear talent but heads not in it, at all. Why that is isn't for me to say, but he looks miserable every time I see him on the pitch; he has no fight, no desire. He'll end up going for nothing in 3 years time, someone like a Leicester or Villa will try to get a tune out of him for 2 seasons then give up on him, and he'll be playing in Turkey or somewhere similar when he's 28, looking back on a utterly wasted career.

Reactions: Wibble

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's probably the most technically skilled player in our squad, but I don't think he's going to succeed at Manchester United. The talent is there, but he's so far off what we need mentality wise it's a joke. Pulls out of every tackle, takes the safest option out, doesn't proactively get into positions and is so comfortable being invisible in games, so content with being hooked off game after game without making an impact. Nah, he doesn't have the mentality it takes to be that guy.

I think we should cut losses early, take the financial hit, and move him on. Get someone better to claim the opportunities he is wasting.

I'm not sure about the "most technically skilled player in our squad". I can't think of a single attribute where he is top 2 when it comes to technical skills.

Dribbling - he is very poor at it. Rashford, Martial, Antony are easily better than him.

Passing - i didn't see any pass that he played that others couldn't have pulled it off. His passing is safe and average. He can't play killer pass like Bruno or Eriksen. He can't play long pass to switch the side of the attack.

Shooting - probably our weakest shooter.

General playmaking - almost nothing.

I think people get the impression that he is good technically because he is slow and plays at very slow pace.

Acole9

Outstanding
The talent is clearly there but he just doesn't have the right mentality. Carragher is right, people give Antony shit but don't say anything about Sancho.

Oscar Bonavena

Yeah, we should be looking to move him on in the summer. He's just not that good tbh...
The problem is, with the money he's on, it's practically impossible to "move him on". No club is going to be stupid enough to pay him what we are, so we're stuck with him.

The best we can hope for is to loan him out to anyone who'll take him so that we're not forced to watch him in a United shirt anymore.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

I'm probably in the minority in favor of the wait and see approach. Yes he's had a couple seasons to bed in and failed to make an impression, but those seasons were tumultuous for the team on the whole. I hope we'll see a bit of the return of the player we saw at Dortmund the following season with more stability in the squad and better players around him.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I'm not sure about the "most technically skilled player in our squad". I can't think of a single attribute where he is top 2 when it comes to technical skills.

Dribbling - he is very poor at it. Rashford, Martial, Antony are easily better than him.

Passing - i didn't see any pass that he played that others couldn't have pulled it off. His passing is safe and average. He can't play killer pass like Bruno or Eriksen. He can't play long pass to switch the side of the attack.

I think people get the impression that he is good technically because he is slow and plays at very slow pace.
The opinion is based on his Dortmund days, largely, and glimpses of it in a red shirt.

He was effective in his dribbling thanks to quick and tidy feints with footwork, and showing just enough to lure defenders in before he went the other way. His passing was so incisive, well weighted and clean for Dortmund and so was his shooting - threaded needles and composed, placed finishes which did not need power. And even now, at times it feels like his touch and the way he shapes his body receiving passes shows that he's already seen the next couple of moves and angles ahead.

None of these things have been on display in abundance or even moments at all lately, so I don't have much to defend him by. Don't wish to, either - it's time for him to pack up.

Josh 76

Pace - not existent.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Well, EtH needs to keep playing him until it sets in stone how (in-)capable he's. Otherwise the upper management could say that EtH hasn't given Sancho enough chances to prove himself.

Sancho is not like Maguire, who has nothing to prove.

Thiagoal

I think he will go the same way as Delli Ali. Great initial promise but as soon as they ‘made it’ their passion disappeared and career will tale off into nothingness

The White Pele

Given that we have a lot of key areas in the team to strengthen and we are reasonably well stocked in his position (Rashford and Garnacho), I wouldn’t be against us moving him on. His wages are insane though.

YikesSchmeics

He's f@@@ing shit. Just go. I hope you read this you fu@@@ng loser
This kind of post says more about you than it does about him.

He has been massively underwhelming but this kind of rubbish has no place in a fan forum.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I gave him the benefit of the doubt, said it was a confidence thing. But if he cannot improve under ETH, and so far he has not, he needs to be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.