5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulme91

Has a case for being the worst signing in Premier League history never mind Manchester United history. Maguire at least had an above average season before imploding, you can count on one hand the amount of above average games Sancho has had in 2 years

the lads got explosive pace, no denying that, its what he does with it is the problem. has the speed and power to fly past people if he wanted, but often chooses to stop dead and roll him foot over the ball. kill momentum
Does he? He's agile but after the first couple of steps he is running in treacle. He has the control and skill to get the ball past defenders but his body is always left behind. I have never once seen him outpace anybody beyond that first couple of steps. He could have a future here but it is not on the wing.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
so, what's the plan for him? after 2yrs of nothingness and apparent mental issues.... who would buy him?

where do you loan him? what's the buyout you expect someone to agree to (would obviously have to be an option, no one will agree to an obligation)?

Boycott

I notice that he starts off matches running with the ball which is what you want from a wide man to show the opposition full back he is in for a tough time. But instead the first or second take on is as good as it gets. After that he just stops on the ball and passes it to someone else. He's good at keeping possession but should be offering far more as a direct threat with the ball at feet.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
£350k a week, he's gonna be stinking up the place for a while!

Rockets Redglare

the lads got explosive pace, no denying that, its what he does with it is the problem. has the speed and power to fly past people if he wanted, but often chooses to stop dead and roll him foot over the ball. kill momentum
I don’t know who you’re watching but he has absolutely no pace whatsoever.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Needs to go. If his basic wage is not too ridiculous, I think we can attract interest this summer and we need to take it if it presents. Garnacho was not in consideration when we signed him and is now already better than him so he will be no loss for the squad. Yes he can also play right side, but not particularly well, and Amad will return there anyway.

EireRed_GS

wow. I completely forgot Sancho gets paid 350k a week.. A WEEK! :eek:

I dont blame EtH losing the rag with him now

RuudTom83

I'm not a fan of bashing players on made up wages in the media, but if we are going down that route then lets agree Sancho is on 375k -25% so 280k a week....

GO!

HookedOnAPhelan

wow. I completely forgot Sancho gets paid 350k a week.. A WEEK! :eek:

I dont blame EtH losing the rag with him now
I doubt he’s on £350k. The Athletic reported he got £250k when he signed, which is more in line with our wage structure. But it was Woody so who knows.

EireRed_GS

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I believe The Athletic. £350k sounds too ridiculous, even for us.
Wow that is insane if true - £250k a week would be absolutely mental as well. If it is anything close to £350k then you will never be able to sell him even if you want to so I guess you just need to hope he finds form. Your club does make some very strange decisions re: wage I gotta say. For that wage I'd expect an established world super star.

Hughes35

I don't think he has the engine to be a top player. He cant motor up and down the pitch for 90 minutes.

Complete flop of a signing. Looks like playing in the German League and supplying Haaland massively inflated his stats.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I think he would do very well in any other major European league, particularly at a club with a top number 9. He's the ultimate luxury player, one who could be the perfect cherry on top but absolutely not the type central to a drastic rebuild.

Josh 76

The problem is his explosive speed. He just doesnt have enough to beat a man, and so has to slow everything down as a consequence. If he were surrounded by quicker players, he might be ok, but he’s ultimately a player who has to be carried
by others. Dont think it will work out for him here, but I don’t really see how we can get rid with the wages.
I don't think he has the engine to be a top player. He cant motor up and down the pitch for 90 minutes.

Complete flop of a signing. Looks like playing in the German League and supplying Haaland massively inflated his stats.
If he was so great, City would have done everything to keep him.

I’m not blowing my own trumpet, but I said from day 1, this would be a disaster signing.

Pound for pound, the most overrated player I’ve ever seen. Maguire is a close second!

Castia

I think he would do very well in any other major European league, particularly at a club with a top number 9. He's the ultimate luxury player, one who could be the perfect cherry on top but absolutely not the type central to a drastic rebuild.
He’s the exact opposite of a luxury player he offers absolutely nothing. No team is carrying Sancho when he offers nothing to the team

Sad thing is even when he was hyped up at Dortmund his England performances were the exact same as his time at United and alarm bells should have been ringing

Last edited:

Hughie77

Is there any excuses for him? Imo no the guy looks like he doesn't want to play sometimes. He's a talent, but doesn't show it enough. Dortmund fecking robbed us, he's on a massive deal so be hard to ship him out, so he's here to stay. But I'd sell him .. not shown enough this season..

Kaos

If he was so great, City would have done everything to keep him.

I’m not blowing my own trumpet, but I said from day 1, this would be a disaster signing.

Pound for pound, the most overrated player I’ve ever seen. Maguire is a close second!
Not necessarily. City under Pep have a policy of letting any player who who wants out, to leave.

TrueRed79

He has no heart
He is a massive pussy. Let's just call it for what it is. Timid, tepid, no heart, whatever. He has no appetite for the physical side of the game. Weak mentality. Ponderous on the ball. Weak dribbler. Worse signing than Sanchez in my eyes. Cannot see any way back for him. If some team is willing to pay £40M this summer, then sell.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

He has no heart
I remember being angered at the time, Sevilla were all over us in our 3rd of the pitch at that point and he completely shirks a tackle on the edge of the box, to give them another crack at it.

Blood Mage

How did our scouts not realise how slow and weak he is? He is never going to cut it as a wide attacker in the PL. It's not like he has David SIlva/Mata levels of technical ability either.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
His talent level is irrelevant with his mentality. There is no fire or toughness in him, no sign of him ever being a guy you can count on it when it is tough. The best you can say about him is that he can be a nice player when it is easy.
Short, sharp and pretty much the issues with him.

I believe he is easily one of the most talented players in the world, but it counts for naught with the physical and mental fragility he has shown.

Refuse to believe something isn’t fundamentally wrong and that the indolence we’re witnessing doesn’t have a root cause we’re not privy to. Unfortunately, the club itself is taking the hits for it.

The exact player he is with Antony’s approach would be a wholly different prospect.

Irwin99

@2:25 Am i being harsh to criticize him for his lack of fitness there? To his credit he does sprint back halfway but then he just seems to concede defeat; the winger he was tracking puts in a cross which Antony puts behind for a corner because he actually did make it all the way back to defend his own box.

Cathy Ferguson

Short, sharp and pretty much the issues with him.

I believe he is easily one of the most talented players in the world, but it counts for naught with the physical and mental fragility he has shown.

Refuse to believe something isn’t fundamentally wrong and that the indolence we’re witnessing doesn’t have a root cause we’re not privy to. Unfortunately, the club itself is taking the hits for it.

The exact player he is with Antony’s approach would be a wholly different prospect.
His technical ability is overrated but it is superior to his acceleration and fighting spirit.

EireRed_GS

He has no heart
Ive seen him do this so much at Old Trafford since we signed him.. afraid to go up for headers, pulling out of challenges. Terrified of hurting himself.

He's def one of the lads lacking that fighting spirit. Not up for the scrap.

hobbers

Wasn't even backing out of a tackle there. He was first to the ball and jumped out of the way.

On the edge of his own box. Dont think any other player in the squad would do that. Gutless.

SAFMUTD

The complete opposite to Lisandro character wise.

We must move him this summer, the more time it goes the worse it looks. Maybe we can fool someone into thinking he's good but he hasn't adapted well to the league and it's willing to bet on him.

I get thinks don't work out but the least I expect is players working their ass off. Just like Antony I can tolerate players like that, but seeing Sancho with not performing and absolutely no blood in top of it it's ridiculous it sets a low standard. He has to go.

Habs

Never understood why so many wanted to sign him. Every time I watched him play for England he was absolutely useless. Player of his cost should be consistently good in every game but some of his performances were so bad that you just knew he wasn’t worth the money quoted.

Only silver lining is we missed out on him initially and saved £20 odd mill

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
From what I've seen of him, I can't believe there aren't kids walking around Manchester who couldn't put in better performances. Absolute dud.
I can believe there are kids, actual primary school kids who would beat him up and take his wallet and he would do nothing but have a little cry

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Wasn't even backing out of a tackle there. He was first to the ball and jumped out of the way.

On the edge of his own box. Dont think any other player in the squad would do that. Gutless.
As others have said it's not a new thing.I remember one occurrance, I believe under Rangnick, where he essentially abandoned a duel which led to a goal.

He seems lost, mentally affected.

Last edited:

ZainCRse7en

Still not giving up on him yet. There is a world beater somewhere in there perhaps waiting to be unlocked. He is too much of a talent to give up on. Not sure if its a fitness issue, but he seems gassed after a few sprints and could not bomb up and down the wings as you expect from a modern day winger. Say we play to his strengths and play him through the middle just behind the striker. Problem is that will force bruno out wide - a position he is equally ineffective in.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Someone got it right when they said he is a 5-a-side player. He plays like it but shirks the physical side. Very odd. He might be great in a rondo.

Status
Not open for further replies.