5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

Can remember half the Caf wanting him sold or labelling him a waste of money after his first game last season. Maybe people shouldn't be so quick to judge on here, he's always had that class and isn'tthe typical 'system player' you get from Dortmund.

He's going to have a storming season.

Blood Mage

Will be the most improved player this season with some proper coaching. Technically he's as good as any attacking player in the world apart from Messi. It's a shame he doesn't have more pace but if he did it would be unfair for the opposition I guess.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Prefer him from the right, will likely score less goals but create a lot more.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
isn'tthe typical 'system player' you get from Dortmund.
That myth needs to die. Dortmund didn't have a well-working system since Tuchel left, maybe even since Klopp.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He’s technically amazing. Think he could end up more of a Silva-type spare 8. Him being thought of as just a winger limits him IMO. He’s similar to Foden and could probably de moved around in the same way.

Bobski

He looks much fitter than he looked early last year. That was a major issue for the first half of the season, was struggling to last.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He will be joy to watch this year. And i even think that he will have the most freedom of all players

RuudTom83

Good lad! earning ETH's trust! could end the pre-season tour being the first name on the team sheet*

*Until Frankie arrives

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Didn’t he do that behind his leg Neymar trap thing at one point?
I think he did. Was gutted they didn't show a close up of that, or even a replay. Not sure if a close up of that skill is floating around but would love to see it again

Gandalf

His time to shine under a real football manager.

Got a few months to make his way into the England side for the world cup.
I hope not. Fingers crossed Old Chinny Waistcoat does not pick any of our players and when the season restarts we can roll out a fresh team and batter the feck out of all of our rivals. Doubt he would want to go anyway, it's not like he can play for Wales.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We might not need Antony at all if he lives up to his potential, frees up cash for elsewhere.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We might not need Antony at all if he lives up to his potential, frees up cash for elsewhere.
Antony was never an option that was dependent on Sancho being in form or not... A player like him is just needed because we don't have players there. Rashford and Sancho are the only wingers I would trust, Elanga should be a sparsely used depth player at best, Martial is a striker... So 1 injury and we're fecked, with 0 rotation options. Antony or someone like him provides competition and gives us the flexibility to play Sancho and Rashford, Sancho and Antony, or Rashford and Antony. So we're covered in case of injury or rotation and always have a high level.

Trex

Antony was never an option that was dependent on Sancho being in form or not... A player like him is just needed because we don't have players there. Rashford and Sancho are the only wingers I would trust, Elanga should be a sparsely used depth player at best, Martial is a striker... So 1 injury and we're fecked, with 0 rotation options. Antony or someone like him provides competition and gives us the flexibility to play Sancho and Rashford, Sancho and Antony, or Rashford and Antony. So we're covered in case of injury or rotation and always have a high level.
Exactly.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Going from Rashford (if in form) and Sancho (if in form) to Elanga is quite a drop. I'd rather we had 3 strong wingers.
We definitely need him regardless, we are terribly light.
Fair points but I guess my concern is that we're probably not paying 60 mil for a bench option so it would mean one of the other 2 will be perennially sidelined, not to mention the prospects that are coming through (garnacho, dialo).
I'm just scarred from the years in which our big signings have constantly failed and feel another such case would seriously damage ten hat's authority, I guess I'm just not ruthless enough.

bosnian_red

Fair points but I guess my concern is that we're probably not paying 60 mil for a bench option so it would mean one of the other 2 will be perennially sidelined, not to mention the prospects that are coming through (garnacho, dialo).
I'm just scarred from the years in which our big signings have constantly failed and feel another such case would seriously damage ten hat's authority, I guess I'm just not ruthless enough.
City just spent 100m on a rotation option last year! Liverpool spent big on Diaz and Darwin. You spend big on a quality attacking player to be part of the attacking group who has a chance to start every game. Then it just goes based on form, fitness, what clicks better for the team. It's not someone being perenially sidelined, it's always picking 2 out of 3 between Sancho/Rashford/new winger, changing based on opponent, fitness, form, and then always having an option on the bench to change a game. It's where we were with Greenwood, but he's no longer an option, so it's replacing that. A left footed right sided player. Nothing to do with Ronaldo even!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Nobody will be ‘perennially’ sidelined, more temporarily from time to time. The fact that we spend 60m on him is irrelevant when all the other options cost/are worth at least the same. He joins and strengthens the rotation in a key position, which we need. Even Spurs just spent 60m to do the same, no reason why we should pick 3 forwards in August and have nothing else outside of that. Antony, Sancho, Rashford should all be pushing each other for the two roles.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
City just spent 100m on a rotation option last year! Liverpool spent big on Diaz and Darwin. You spend big on a quality attacking player to be part of the attacking group who has a chance to start every game. Then it just goes based on form, fitness, what clicks better for the team. It's not someone being perenially sidelined, it's always picking 2 out of 3 between Sancho/Rashford/new winger, changing based on opponent, fitness, form, and then always having an option on the bench to change a game. It's where we were with Greenwood, but he's no longer an option, so it's replacing that. A left footed right sided player. Nothing to do with Ronaldo even!
Well we're neither city nor Liverpool, we need to build from ground up, no need to add unnecessary pressure on top when we're just trying to get the basics down.
Nobody will be ‘perennially’ sidelined, more temporarily from time to time. The fact that we spend 60m on him is irrelevant when all the other options cost/are worth at least the same. He joins and strengthens the rotation in a key position, which we need. Even Spurs just spent 60m to do the same, no reason why we should pick 3 forwards in August and have nothing else outside of that. Antony, Sancho, Rashford should all be pushing each other for the two roles.
I guess I've just gotten too traumatized by our recent failings, the thought of another such case and the ensuing drama induces panic.

I hope we get it right.

Mcking

Well we're neither city nor Liverpool, we need to build from ground up, no need to add unnecessary pressure on top when we're just trying to get the basics down.

I guess I've just gotten too traumatized by our recent failings, the thought of another such case and the ensuing drama induces panic.

I hope we get it right.
Just two wingers are never going to be enough. There will be enough games to keep Rashford, Sancho and Antony happy, and there may be injuries too. We desperately need a winger purely on the basis that we are light in numbers before we even start talking about quality.

bosnian_red

I hope we get it right.
Its not about being city or Liverpool, it's a necessary piece! If you go into the season with only 2 wingers worthy of starting, you start them every game, injuries rise, form drops, complacency creeps in, etc. Its how Rashford got his stress fracture in the first place. Its a busy season, we need to be able to actually rotate. Some positions it's not as important, but on the wings it's vital.

RedDevil@84

Hope he has a good season. Don't care whether he makes it into the ultra defensive English lineup.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Its not about being city or Liverpool, it's a necessary piece! If you go into the season with only 2 wingers worthy of starting, you start them every game, injuries rise, form drops, complacency creeps in, etc. Its how Rashford got his stress fracture in the first place. Its a busy season, we need to be able to actually rotate. Some positions it's not as important, but on the wings it's vital.
Yeah I think Amad could do a job on the right if he isn’t loaned out, but we have 0 depth on the LW besides Elanga and as ofnow that’s clearly the weaker side of Sancho is primarily going to play on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.