5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

At least he knows the physical part needs to improve.

His finishing is really good. And its nice to see a player round the keeper. Seems like a lost art.

criticalanalysis

I wonder how he would fare in the 10. It would be be interesting to see in the cup games.

On paper, you would think he has the tools and it may even heightened his ability as he will be able to do more pass and moves to link up. In those smaller pockets of space, it'll be easier to go past players and create those overloads etc. I'm thinking Hazard at Chelsea in terms of positioning and perhaps a similar effect; he doesn't have Hazard's burst of pace or low centre of gravity but he has the technique and intelligence to be affect the game.

GueRed

Again early days but he looks twice the player he was last season...

The last few games he has been putting a shift in helping the full-back.
Hopefully his fitness improves as the season wears on.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I wonder how he would fare in the 10. It would be be interesting to see in the cup games.

On paper, you would think he has the tools and it may even heightened his ability as he will be able to do more pass and moves to link up. In those smaller pockets of space, it'll be easier to go past players and create those overloads etc. I'm thinking Hazard at Chelsea in terms of positioning and perhaps a similar effect; he doesn't have Hazard's burst of pace or low centre of gravity but he has the technique and intelligence to be affect the game.
This is what I want the most.

His through balls will be better centrally than out wide and he has the ability to dribble and shoot from half spaces as well.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Yeah from what I'm seeing he's closer to Mata than say Sterling in his style. I don't mean that as an insult but just in terms of his playing style, I don't see the physical elements of what you'd expect from a winger in terms of speed and intensity on the ball.

WirralRed

I can’t remember who posted it the other day, but they hit the nail on the head when they said he just needs more urgency. He’s so good on the Paul, when he’s involved in the attack we look so much better. He always has spells in games where he looks unplayable then goes missing for a spell hopefully this is just down to fitness and he can learn to be more aggressive more often when the fitness comes.

AdNani

He's my favourite attacking player in the squad to watch, fantastic ability on the ball, and when we start to dominate games and become more fluid in attack he's going to be a monster.

saivet

Done well for the first goal but pretty quiet today, similar to Antony on the right.

Bobski

Fitness is a great concern, his conditioning for a guy his age is terrible, a bit of a disgrace actually given the money he is on.

Skills

Snitch
Its demoralising when he gets the ball on the break, knowing he's just going to come to a standing stop and then play a ball into midfield.

The most boring wing player I can remember playing for us.

CloneMC16

ETH just confirmed it on Sky Sports. We needed a right winger, because none of our others prefer to play on the right. Sancho is not a right winger and never was.

He slowed down the player during quite a few attacks today. I think he could potentially find himself on the bench when everybody is fit again.

The United

Again, hardly any impact in attacking or defending.

He might score once in a while and the funny thing is people claiming him as generational talent here might probably beating Bruno to death in his own thread if Bruno played like Sancho who cost more as well (not that they are not doing it already).

kundalini

Involved in the build-up to Antony's goal but I'm struggling to recall any other notable contribution.

Meh. Looks weak and has no stamina. He’s on fraud watch for me now. Obviously a very technical player but ghosts in and out of games to easily.

He’s only 22 so years away from his prime. Needs to hit the gym and work on his fitness.

SER19

I think it's a matter of time before Ronaldo takes the centre forward role. Which will pit Sancho v Rashford for the left.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Sancho was really good for the first 10 minutes, during that period that we had our players close to him and everyone playing quick one-two's. That's the kind of style that he'll thrive in and also help lift others up as well. The good news is that that is the kind of style that ETH wants us to play constantly.

Once the game wore on and we became stretched out he dropped off and struggled to have much impact. While he'll always be at his best with close runners, I do hope he improves his effectiveness when he's isolated as it's not something that can be completely avoided.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Will need to up his game, he's got serious competition now. Having said that, I'm sure he will improve as the season goes on

SAFMUTD

Starting to be seriously worried about his physicality. He runs out of gas really quickly.

He needs to improve his stamina, looks physically shot from the 60' minute.

GMoore23

He won't be starting next season. He was never a United player for me.

Red_toad

Going to lose his place if that’s all he’s got. Very timid performance, certainly needs to show more desire.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I can forgive poor performances, but he seemed to be scared to take his man on, even when he had a 1v1.

He’s an established player with many seasons of professional football under his belt, not an 18 year old kid making his debut. Show some more balls and try to make things happen.

Luka Mora

He look at what Saka does every time he gets on the ball and strikes fear into the opposition and you compare him to Sancho, who looks lethargic and dwindles on the ball and doesnt have the pace or bravery to burst past defenders.

I'm sorry we have not got our money's worth for 78 million. 2 cool finishes doesn't make up for his overall general play as a winger who drifts through games to the point he needs taking off

Red the Bear

Something less generic
What's wrong with his lungs, he doesn't even run that much, chalked it up to not having a proper preseason last year but he still looks out of breath this year as well.

The United

His fitness is an obvious issue.

The other bigger issue is how he did not seem to be able to do anything whenever he was given a space. This is a major concern for someone who plays on the wings.

RuudTom83

Won the game against Leicester, Marcus won the game against Arsenal!

Great to have them both scoring again.

You are never going to have 11 motm performances every game...I trust ETH will be working with Sancho on what he needs to do to improve.

CloneMC16

What's wrong with his lungs, he doesn't even run that much, chalked it up to not having a proper preseason last year but he still looks out of breath this year as well.
Getting subbed every game at 60 minutes. It's a concern. That is one reason I think he might end up getting benched.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
As has been said before he's very much a systems player, he doesn't have the electric pace to be a counter attacking winger, he needs for us to be on the ball playing 1-2's with clever passing and movement

Status
Not open for further replies.