5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrou

Only saw the first half today but his place must be under serious threat from Antony. Good that he got a goal but his involvement compared to Rashford or even Elanga was negligible. He got played into great positions and just ended up doing nothing. It’s harsh as he’s not a left winger but he really has to step up.
It's not under threat in the slightest mate, but agree he was poor at times today

Antony will play left, and Sancho right. But everyone will get plenty of games regardless of form, as we don't have the players.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Has he been subbed three quarters in in every match he's started this season? ETH been asked if it's his fitness or something else?

Frank White

It's not under threat in the slightest mate, but agree he was poor at times today

Antony will play left, and Sancho right. But everyone will get plenty of games regardless of form, as we don't have the players.
Wait Antony is now a LW? Surely it's the other way around?

Took his goal nicely and did look like he tried to press until he quite obviously gassed late 1st half which is a huge worry. Probably a 6/10 hopefully he can replicate it against Arsenal this weekend and more.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

Completely the opposite.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don’t really think we can fully judge our wide attackers until they play with a striker who can hold the ball and bring them into the game better. At the moment we still aren’t getting enough possession around the opposition box and that’s mainly because Rashford simply has some of the worst back to goal hold up in the entire league. He looked a different player connecting with Martial and I think alongside Antony that will be transformative to this attack.

edit: wide not wife you heathens…

Last edited:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Needs to work on his stamina.

Between him Rashford and Elanga though he's clearly the calmest in front of goal.
And the calmest in general. At least with him I can trust to keep the ball and not give it away needlessly. I can't say the same with the other 2 who are almost automatic possession losses.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Took his goal nicely and did look like he tried to press until he quite obviously gassed late 1st half which is a huge worry. Probably a 6/10 hopefully he can replicate it against Arsenal this weekend and more.
Antony will go right, Sancho will stick to left and once Martial returns he'll play as CF. Rashford to the bench, at least that's the ideal scenario.

macheda14

Got that mixed up mate. Antony is RW by trade.

eselfor

I don’t really think we can fully judge our wife attackers until they play with a striker who can hold the ball and bring them into the game better. At the moment we still aren’t getting enough possession around the opposition box and that’s mainly because Rashford simply has some of the worst back to goal hold up in the entire league. He looked a different player connecting with Martial and I think alongside Antony that will bs transformative to this attack.
:lol::lol:

Skills

Snitch
I think we've got a problem. He doesn't look comfortable on the left and we've just spunked £85m on a RW

Prodigal7

Probably going against the grain here but I thought he looked lazy today and didn’t have a great match outside of his goal. Was strolling around a lot.
Hopefully he’s more up for the next game.

Posh Red

I don’t really think we can fully judge our wife attackers until they play with a striker who can hold the ball and bring them into the game better. At the moment we still aren’t getting enough possession around the opposition box and that’s mainly because Rashford simply has some of the worst back to goal hold up in the entire league. He looked a different player connecting with Martial and I think alongside Antony that will bs transformative to this attack.
I hope your wife is okay

DON’T PANIC ™

He’s got a good first touch and his passing is more often than not on the money. Can finish too as evidenced so far this season. What worries me slightly is his apparent lack of pace, reluctance to go for 50/50 balls or chase even slightly over hit passes.
Maybe once there’s more competition for places he’ll show more.
Still miles ahead of Elanga, Rashford and Martial though.

Doracle

Antony is a RW so, yes, Sancho’s place is directly under threat. Agree though, they will all rotate a lot, as looks like Rashford may have to cover at CF a fair amount.

Tarrou

yeah wrong way around, sorry

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I genuinely can't recall a single thing he did today apart from score a goal.

But when your are scoring a goal and that goal is the winning goal, then who cares.

Lecland07

I genuinely can't recall a single thing he did today apart from score a goal.

But when your are scoring a goal and that goal is the winning goal, then who cares.
He did contribute to defending quite a bit, and helping Malacia.

Overall, I think we just need to get more control of games, so we can push up the pitch for longer periods of time. He is a good technical dribbler that I think will have a far greater impact if he can just be in possession near/in the opposition box on a more regular basis. Defenders seem to be scared of tackling him then.

I don't think we will see the absolute best of him until this happens. He has shown glimpses of what he is capable of, though. Looks a good finisher, also.

Zetrio2002

Finally beginning to show his worth as a top class player. Incredibly skilful player. Hope to see Sancho in the World Cup.

Abraxas

I think we've got a problem. He doesn't look comfortable on the left and we've just spunked £85m on a RW
He had better output on the left than right at Dortmund, didn't he?

Hard to see that being the case if he was uncomfortable with it. He can play either, it's not a big problem to him. The problem today is he fades in the game, which has been standard no matter where he goes.

Greck

He had better output on the left than right at Dortmund, didn't he?

Hard to see that being the case if he was uncomfortable with it. He can play either, it's not a big problem to him. The problem today is he fades in the game, which has been standard no matter where he goes.
His best form last season also came from the left. He's beyond comfortable playing there

OpenIntrovert

Sancho's style is similar to Messi, where he is capable of finding space and transiting attacks with intelligent movement, but the players need to be on the same wavelength as him. He is probably more useful as a false nine or as a attacking midfielder rather than a winger that needs to press.

He is good playing on the left since he can dribble and cut in very well, but it requires better movement from Rashford and the central midfielders to utilize Sancho's intelligent movement.

Pronewbie

Peep
Sancho's style is similar to Messi, where he is capable of finding space and transiting attacks with intelligent movement, but the players need to be on the same wavelength as him. He is probably more useful as a false nine or as a attacking midfielder rather than a winger that needs to press.

He is good playing on the left since he can dribble and cut in very well, but it requires better movement from Rashford and the central midfielders to utilize Sancho's intelligent movement.
Martial

OpenIntrovert

Yes Martial's movement and hold up play is very good. Ronaldo is also capable of bring Sancho into play due to his "distracting" movement but Ronaldo needs to work on his decision making in the final third. He tends to shoot instinctively.

bringbackbebe

Has he been subbed three quarters in in every match he's started this season? ETH been asked if it's his fitness or something else?
More likely that he wants him to be rested for Arsenal. We don't have many goal scoring attackers, so it's important we rotate to keep players fresh.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Personally I think he's better on the LW where he can come inside and play one-twos or get into goalscoring positions. I said I think he is more of a goal threat from LW and he's got another last night.

Overall he's just not quite there yet though. In pre season I thought he was showing signs but he's just not getting as involved in games now and he's not playing with the bit between his teeth.

I think he'll get dropped initially when Antony comes in, with Rashford playing LW. ETH seems to play the latter as much as possible for his pace on the counter. Usually Sancho is subbed for Ronaldo with Rashford moving to LW and looking to get Rashford in behind from Ronaldo flick ons.

It's a shame because Sancho is far more talented than Rashford but he's just not showing it enough. I was one of the posters pushing for us to sign him for ages and was convinced he'd be a star, but I've felt a bit underwhelmed so far. I know he can do it but he's just not at the moment.

Real Name

Who is attacking your wife!?

Olecurls99

He did contribute to defending quite a bit, and helping Malacia.

Overall, I think we just need to get more control of games, so we can push up the pitch for longer periods of time. He is a good technical dribbler that I think will have a far greater impact if he can just be in possession near/in the opposition box on a more regular basis. Defenders seem to be scared of tackling him then.

I don't think we will see the absolute best of him until this happens. He has shown glimpses of what he is capable of, though. Looks a good finisher, also.
This in a nutshell

Dr. StrangeHate

r/oneSentenceHorror

Reyoji-Utd

Hed be even better if play with a proper striker and when we have casemiro in DM like last night. He needs players to be closer to him and the opponents box because we know that hes not really a winger with pace to burn. Hes more of a wide attackers and last night most time we dont really push up and play around their box that much, not until Casemiro and Ronaldo came in and we some of the interchanging passes and fluid play then Sancho will be better.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Anthony has never played at left. There is no chance we paid £81m to play him out of position.

Sancho has played at left a lot though and will most likely just move there. He’s probably our best attacker right now though the bar is not high at all.

Last edited:

Tarrou

Anthony has never played at right. There is no chance we paid £81m to play him out of position.

Sancho has played at left a lot though and will most likely just move there. He’s probably our best attacker right now though the bar is not high at all.
okay I think I’ve been told about my mistake enough times now caf

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Anthony has never played at right. There is no chance we paid £81m to play him out of position.

Eh? Antony is a right winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.