Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
AWB - £50m
Maguire - £80m
Sancho - £72m

Thanks Ole.
It was supposed to be the English revolution. Top mentality of homegrown players they called for.

If Sancho can't up his workrate then it's really money thrown away. Unfortunately with Greenwood out and another sulker Rashford being a starter there will mean we will have to be in the market soon again. Also with lazy fornt players we will never be able to move on to the modern pressing game we have been waiting for more than 10 years.

Doracle

It was a big match for him today, with his position in the 11 under serious threat. Had an absolute stinker. The first goal he has a simple pass on to give us a great attacking position. Instead he tries to nutmeg the defender and gives it away easily. Rest of the match he was largely anonymous. Think he will be benched next game.

Eddy_JukeZ

Rashford(before his injuries) was a much better player than him.

Unfortunately Rashford seems have to lost his way.

Sancho had a stinker today and he's been a giant waste of money so far honestly. He needs to up his intensity.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I was naive when we went for Sancho. Touted as one of the best players in the world for scoring and assist. It is over one season, I have not seen to show that he is a world class player. German league is probably not as physical as EPL. I would gladly sell him back to German or Italian league. I rather have Harvey Barnes then Sancho. I hope ETH realize that not every top player can play in EPL. Serviceable player against lower tier opponents, not against top teams.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I was naive when we went for Sancho. Touted as one of the best players in the world for scoring and assist. It is over one season, I have not seen to show that he is a world class player. German league is probably not as physical as EPL. I would gladly sell him back to German or Italian league. I rather have Harvey Barnes then Sancho. I hope ETH realize that not every top player can play in EPL. Serviceable player against lower tier opponents, not against top teams.
Good luck finding a club in either league that could (and would be willing to) afford his wages.

Betson

Even at his best he's a cameo player, flitting in and out of games with flashes of skill and composure. When he's not at his best he's invisible.

I think it's a mentality thing with him. He's not resilient, he doesn't get angry on the pitch, he seems to shrink in moments of adversity. He also needs technical players and space around him to perform.

File alongside Mkhi and Kagawa. Good Bundesliga players that are not suited to modern United.
He is just so passive and timid , agree about the angry thing , sometimes you watch him and you want to see sort of emotion from him even if it is just to smash into a lad just to show that that is some bit of passion or desire in there somewhere.

Cpl Hicks

It's concerning because this is another in a long line of big money signings that hasn't worked out. This one hurts not because of any affinity with the player but because we keep doing the same damn thing year after year. I pray Antony is a well thought out piece of ETH's greater plan and not just another waste of money.

Kramer

Needs some time on the bench. Needs more physical intensity to his game.

Looking at City’s midgets, it’s so infuriating. Bernado Silva, Gundoganetc are all players that don’t have the physical attributes of typical premier league players. But they play with such intensity

Red-17

No one will ever take that title from Maguire.
Maguire has put in way better performances for the club than Sancho every has. Has Sancho had a single game at the club where you could say he looked legitimately great?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Can’t shoot, can’t cross, and can’t take on players. Antony looks much better and more talented than him. I’m not surprised why Southgate doesn’t fancy him. Foden and Saka are just bigger talent than him, while Grealish offers much more than him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I remember he was ahead of Foden not long ago during his time at Dortmund. He is far behind him now.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Shocking today. Considering he's had a couple of weeks off I was shocked that he looked so casual, almost nonchalant. Or unfit. Not sure which.
He just doesn't seem to be able to impose himself on a game at all. I've been interested to compare him to our Saka, but with Saka even when we've been crap (and that has been many times in recent years), he's been one of the few positives. Always trying to make things happen, and the fullbacks often back off him because they're scared to commit. With Sancho he seems unable to beat a man. Antony, who's new to the league, looks better than him already in that regard. It's clear that Southgate has made the right call leaving him out of the WC squad.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I hope he proves me wrong, but from what I've seen thus far, I don't think he's going to make it at the club as a winger/inside forward. He's too timid and isn't showing the fight and determination on the pitch and hence isn't exhibiting a high intensity game which is required in the EPL.

I think we either convert him into a attacking #8, or sell him at the end of the season. I don't see him as the long-term answer out wide.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
So many fans wanted him. So many.

It just shows how many things fans can get wrong as well and not just managers.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So disappointing really to see him just stall in the Prem. He showed so much at Dortmund, hell be even had a good few month run last season where you could see why we spent so much, where so much of our game was going through him, how he could improve in a better system. But he's just so timid, lacking aggression that I'm not sure if he's ever going to fill the potential. I can see Ten Hag liking Rashford and Antony on the wings more than Sancho, though they'll all rotate.

Bondi77

We should just play him in the Europa League and Cup games from now on until he shows a bit of fight and intensity.

united for life

It was a big match for him today, with his position in the 11 under serious threat. Had an absolute stinker. The first goal he has a simple pass on to give us a great attacking position. Instead he tries to nutmeg the defender and gives it away easily. Rest of the match he was largely anonymous. Think he will be benched next game.
i hope he does get benched for his own good. More stinkers like this will only bring his morale down. He needs to focus more away from the spotlight. I am surprised with what I am seeing from him actually. He is a player who almost does nothing. We signed a player that is supposed to score and assist, i hope he improves his game, but surely needs to be dropped for now

aeh1991

So many fans wanted him. So many.

It just shows how many things fans can get wrong as well and not just managers.
Because he was a terrific player when he was playing at BVB. And he had Haaland who complemented him well. With a proper no.9 (or maybe Martial) he will play better.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Any chance of us replacing him with rafael leao, slow wingers don’t work in the PL outside of city. He looks scared to take on his man constantly checking out.

dogwithabone

I never really took too much notice of Sancho before he joined but did he ever go past players when he was at Dortmund or playing for England ? He looks anything but a conventional winger to me.

Orion.

Needs some time on the bench. Needs more physical intensity to his game.

Looking at City’s midgets, it’s so infuriating. Bernado Silva, Gundoganetc are all players that don’t have the physical attributes of typical premier league players. But they play with such intensity
Dopers.

Sancho is garbage though, levels below what Welbeck was as a wide player at the same age. Players like him covering themselves in tattoos and dancing on private jets while being woeful players sums up the state of modern bALlErS

Swearing Budgie

But he never looked better than average at Dortmund, so I never really understood why we were so desperate to land him.

Probably because we knew we would get a clear run at him…

Lebo

I have seen more intensity from a 34 year old Mata . At some point I was hoping we would move Rashford to the left and put on Martial or Ronaldo.

Doracle

I have seen more intensity from a 34 year old Mata . At some point I was hoping we would move Rashford to the left and put on Martial or Ronaldo.
That’s what we would have usually done but I don’t think Rashford was fit enough for 90 minutes after his injury. Looks like the plan was always to give him 60 minutes and Martial 30 minutes.

Andre Kagawa

But he never looked better than average at Dortmund, so I never really understood why we were so desperate to land him.

Probably because we knew we would get a clear run at him…
Didn't he score and assist a massive amount at Dortmund?

Trex

He lacks that fire in his belly, he want it easy....its the same reason Pogba never unlock his full potential and Martial as well (I'm Martial Fc). Just look at B. Silva, small guy but plays like every game is the world cup final, Sancho is too relax..that's going to be the difference between him and Antony, Antony looks like he has that fire in his belly, you'll see him taking more responsibility with the ball from now on. Sancho is way too passive, he doesn't nearly get involved enough and when he does he doesn't try to hurt the opponent enough.

Trex

Yes. In his last season at Dortmund only Messi and Mbappe were scoring and assisting more than him in Europe.
His problem has to do with his temperament not his ability. How often does he look to shoot, take on his man, play an early through ball. He plays like he is happy to be just another guy in the team. He needs to take more responsibility, drift around to get on the ball more. F***king lead!!

Classical Mechanic

His problem has to do with his temperament not his ability. How often does he look to shoot, take on his man, play an early through ball. He plays like he is happy to be just another guy in the team. He needs to take more responsibility, drift around to get on the ball more. F***king lead!!
He's a confidence player indeed. The type to rise and fall with the team. He should've stayed at City in pure career terms. He'd excell in a Guardiola side.

Bwuk

I hope he proves me wrong, but from what I've seen thus far, I don't think he's going to make it at the club as a winger/inside forward. He's too timid and isn't showing the fight and determination on the pitch and hence isn't exhibiting a high intensity game which is required in the EPL.

I think we either convert him into a attacking #8, or sell him at the end of the season. I don't see him as the long-term answer out wide.
Agreed. He has zero intensity or drive out wide.

Look at the goal Foden scored when he just powered past Malacia. Sancho wouldn’t do that.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I never really took too much notice of Sancho before he joined but did he ever go past players when he was at Dortmund or playing for England ? He looks anything but a conventional winger to me.
This is what I never saw - he was breaking the high Bundesliga team defensive line and cutting back simple crosses.

He always looked different in the Champions league than his Bundesliga performances.

Classical Mechanic

Yes. He was in the top 10 for dribbles in Europe's top 5 leagues when he played for Dortmund. You can look at the stats below for one of his seasons at Dortmund. No one in the BL attempted and completed more dribbles than him per game.

https://fbref.com/en/players/dbf053da/scout/3248/Jadon-Sancho-Scouting-Report

Skills

Snitch

RopersReturn

But for his pace and that goal against Liverpool, Sancho seems to have slipped back in form. He’s been pretty quiet in recent games and his passing isn’t up to his usual standard.

Classical Mechanic

Do you think the penalty miss at the euros affected him? He's never looked close to being the player we thought we were buying
I'm sure it affected him but even in England's youth teams he'd sometimes just go completely missing. Let's be honest though we're a club that's in perpetual crisis with a toxicity in the fanase and intense media glare on us all the time. I just don't think it's a good environment for a confidence player like him. The football we play doesn't suit him either.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm sure it affected him but even in England's youth teams he'd sometimes just go completely missing. Let's be honest though we're a club that's in perpetual crisis with a toxicity in the fanase and intense media glare on us all the time. I just don't think it's a good environment for a confidence player like him. The football we play doesn't suit him either.
That excuse wore thin a long time ago. Ten Haag is the second manager we’ve had who wants the team to play the sort of football that Sancho should supposedly thrive in. But his own poor performances (and, arguably, lack of effort) are a big factor in the team not playing the way the manager wants.

Classical Mechanic

That excuse wore thin a long time ago. Ten Haag is the second manager we’ve had who wants the team to play the sort of football that Sancho should supposedly thrive in. But his own poor performances (and, arguably, lack of effort) are a big factor in the team not playing the way the manager wants.
We don't play that football though do we. We basically play Oleball. We have one of the deepest defensive lines in the league and are 11th in the for possession. We don't play a low block because of Sancho. The football that would suit Sancho is Guardiola's with lots of possession, give and gos and clever movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.