Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We don't play that football though do we. We basically play Oleball. We have one of the deepest defensive lines in the league and are 11th in the for possession. The football that would suit Sancho is Guardiola's with lots of possession, give and gos and clever movement.
I mean, is there a football anywhere in the world who wouldn’t be happier playing for Pep’s City team than for Manchester United right now?That’s almost a completely meaningless claim.

The fact remains he isn’t part of that team. And United would no doubt have better possession and a higher defensive line if our attacking players took better care of the ball. If they made more of an effort to win it back higher up the pitch and didn’t repeatedly lose possession with basic errors. The way we saw from Sancho and Rashford throughout the game yesterday (and in other matches too numerous to count).

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
At this point I am not even sure he would become as ‘good’ as Pogba was for us. I mean at least Pogba would produce some genuine worldclass performance for us once a while. While Sancho’s “best” performances are clearly worst than Pogba, his consistency level isn’t any better either.

Classical Mechanic

I mean, is there a football anywhere in the world who wouldn’t be happier playing for Pep’s City team than for Manchester United right now?

That’s almost a completely meaningless claim. The fact remains he isn’t part of that team. And United would no doubt have better possession and a higher defensive line if our attacking players took better care of the ball, made more of an effort to win it back higher up the pitch and didn’t repeatedly lose possession with basic errors the way we saw from Sancho and Rashford throughout the game yesterday.
It isn't meaningless otherwise Guardiola wouldn't sign very specific types of players for his teams. Haven't you ever noticed that?

A low block and high press are contridictory. You need a highline to compress the pitch when you press high.

Bobski

Sancho has been far worse than Pogba, who at his best could look like a candidate for the best midfielder in the world, or at least the league, could dominate games. Even in Sancho's good games it will be a few moments of quality and long periods of nothing, never hinted at anything special while at Utd.

Revaulx

I wonder this too considering how much many on here raved about him before he came. There's no outstanding attribute with him that the opposition would worry about, particularly while we're a team relying on counter attacks. Easy to see why he doesn't make England squads.
He's Mata with slightly more pace.
Not really. Mata often got bullied off the ball, but would never give it away of his own volition. Sancho’s passing is frequently sloppy.

flameinthesun

He is a passive player. If the team around him creates the right patterns and spaces for him to play his style he can be effective, but if they do not then he doesn't have the engine or drive to try to affect the game on his own. If you compare him to Antony, whilst neither played their best you could see Antony has more fight, drive and wants to affect the game.

Another interesting thing with Sancho is at Dortmund he played with high intensity fullbacks and a striker in Haaland who provides constant movement. The energy and drive is provided by the players around him, not by him. It seems he cannot provide that drive and energy on his own.

Lastly I have big questions about his mentality. He does not seem to be a leader or a player that fights to affect a game. Quite quickly we have seen that Martinez, Malacia, Bruno, Antony all have fight and want to be part of a game. Sancho (and Rashford) does not lead or try to take a game by the scruff of the neck. If we want to have leaders all over the pitch then Sancho's place in the team needs to be questioned. I also think only 1 of Sancho/Rashford can be played at a time. We can only afford to carry 1 or 2 players (I believe we are also carrying Eriksen from an energy perspective).

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It isn't meaningless otherwise Guardiola wouldn't sign very specific types of players for his teams. Haven't you ever noticed that?
I’ve certainly noticed that Pep’s attacking players all work incredibly hard to defend when they’re not on the ball. So Sancho’s performances at United would be a lousy audition for that team.

A low block and high press are contridictory. You need a highline to compress the pitch when you press high.
And your defenders can’t push high up the pitch without a coordinated effective press from the attacking players. Swings and roundabouts.

OmarUnited4ever

Weak, and wank as well, has nothing to offer, despite the technical ability, he is extremely easy to defend against.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Just doesn't seem to be suited to the PL sadly.

Doesn't have the pace, power or determination to thrive as a winger here.

Real Name

You're seeing every week at the moment!
First of all there's no such thing as Oleball.

And 2nd, no I'm not. Maybe you are so speak for yourself.

Even yesterday we tried to match them and press them up the pitch, it didnt work out at all but we didnt play a low block and went for the counter the whole game. That goes for all the games we played.

Fekin Oleball.

OT_United

We don't play that football though do we. We basically play Oleball. We have one of the deepest defensive lines in the league and are 11th in the for possession. We don't play a low block because of Sancho. The football that would suit Sancho is Guardiola's with lots of possession, give and gos and clever movement.
So basically where we want to be in 1/2 years time with ETH?
Until then I can see him behind Marcus and Antony in the wide positions.

OmarUnited4ever

The football that would suit Sancho is Guardiola's with lots of possession, give and gos and clever movement.
I truly doubt it, to be in Pep's team as a winger and aside from the give and gos and the clever movements, you either need pace (Sterling & Sane), or skills/dribbling (B.Silva, Foden, Mehrez), Sancho neither has the pace or the dribbling skills to be a winger for Pep.

Revaulx

So many fans wanted him. So many.

It just shows how many things fans can get wrong as well and not just managers.
Hmm. My “wanting him” was offset by:
  1. A long-standing scepticism about how big-money signings turn out at United (hint: not very well)
  2. A complete inability to envisage how he was going to fit into a team managed by Ole. An upgraded Dan James would have been a far better fit.
But yeah, I was certainly expecting more from him under a more Sancho-friendly manager.

Classical Mechanic

First of all there's no such thing as Oleball.

And 2nd, no I'm not. Maybe you are so speak for yourself.

Even yesterday we tried to match them and press them up the pitch, it didnt work out at all but we didnt play a low block and went for the counter the whole game. That goes for all the games we played.

Fekin Oleball.
Sorry but you're wrong. We had the lowest defensive line in the whole league upto the 19th September. This is a fact.

It was a higher yesterday than our average so far this season, you are correct about that.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So many fans wanted him. So many.

It just shows how many things fans can get wrong as well and not just managers.
Yeh I genuinely thought we were signing young English Messi at that time. I rate him as 3rd best young player in the world back then at Dortmund, just behind Mbappe and Haaland.

Stacks

He's a confidence player indeed. The type to rise and fall with the team. He should've stayed at City in pure career terms. He'd excell in a Guardiola side.
I don't think so. They let him go and did not attempt to buy him back went for Grealish instead for more money. They would not give him assurances over playing time and he had Sane, Silva, Bernado, Sterling, Foden, Jesus ahead of him so would not get the minutes to develop. Moving to Dortmund was a great choice

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sorry but you're wrong. We had the lowest defensive line in the whole league upto the 19th September. This is a fact.

It was a higher yesterday than our average so far this season, you are correct about that.
Its quite obvious ETH doesn't want the defensive line that deep if you listen to what he says

Classical Mechanic

I don't think so. They let him go and did not attempt to buy him back went for Grealish instead for more money. They would not give him assurances over playing time and he had Sane, Silva, Bernado, Sterling, Foden, Jesus ahead of him so would not get the minutes to develop. Moving to Dortmund was a great choice
I suppose if you're looking at his time at Dortmund and then the massive contract we've given him then it has been successful for him. City have a policy of letting any unhappy players leave, which he was. It doesn't say anything about if Guardiola liked him as a player or not.

Stacks

Yeh I genuinely thought we were signing young English Messi at that time. I rate him as 3rd best young player in the world back then at Dortmund, just behind Mbappe and Haaland.
But the thing is he never passed the eye test when I ACTUALLY WATCHED him play with my own eyes. His stats were incredible and highlights amazing then whenever I sat down and glimpsed for myself I felt I was grasping at straws to try and tell my mates he is elite.

Real Name

That still doesnt mean we're playing Oleball and its obvious we're working on playing a possesion game and the team is a work in progress. Sure in parts of the game we go back just like every other team in every other game but generally saying we're playing Oleball is just wrong.

Classical Mechanic

That still doesnt mean we're playing Oleball and its obvious we're working on playing a possesion game and the team is a work in progress. Sure in parts of the game we go back just like every other team in every other game but generally saying we're playing Oleball is just wrong.
We've had less possession under ETH than the team bottom of the league, the team third from bottom, Aston Villa and Leeds! It isn't some esoteric magic. It's ludicrous to suggest that the most expensively assembled side in the league needs to learn how to keep possession.

Real Name

We've had less possession under ETH than the team bottom of the league, the team third from bottom, Aston Villa and Leeds! It isn't some esoteric magic. It's ludicrous to suggest that the most expensively assembled side in the league needs to learn how to keep possession.
Have you watched United play in the last few years?

Its not just to keep posession but movement and so on. Its too simple to say oh we bought all those players and they should know how to play as an unit cause we've spent so much money on them.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
But the thing is he never passed the eye test when I ACTUALLY WATCHED him play with my own eyes. His stats were incredible and highlights amazing then whenever I sat down and glimpsed for myself I felt I was grasping at straws to try and tell my mates he is elite.
Well I rarely watched any Dortmund games in full 90 mins, but yeh he did look very good in highlights, with many nice close control and playmaking skills. His games in England shirt though has been nothing but underwhelming. I’ve always thought it must be Southgate fault of not knowing how to use him.

Ludens the Red

Kinda losing a bit of patience with him. Was happy to see last season as a bedding in period but apart from the Liverpool game, he’s not played well this year either . He’s actually got a lot lazier too. Closing in on Marcus Rashford levels of work ethic.

Gordon Godot

Kinda losing a bit of patience with him. Was happy to see last season as a bedding in period but apart from the Liverpool game, he’s not played well this year either . He’s actually got a lot lazier too. Closing in on Marcus Rashford levels of work ethic.
Its the absolute lack of threat that he brings that depresses me. In a game like City you need wide players that are goign to push City back and make their wide players nervous. Sancho does not do that. All this BS about a system player, I cant see it working.

Yesterdays performance has opened up a lot of peoples eyes to Sancho’s low intensity, weak and lack of energy style.

Seen a lot of notable Utd fans on social media start to seriously question his desire to be the best.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I was buzzing and excited when we signed him, but I think I have completely changed my mind on him. He offers very little and even for a base level is shocking. Not the only one by a long way but my word he was atrocious yesterday. Deserves dropping and probably starting with a front three of Rashford, Martial and Antony for now.

Very disappointed in him, hope he can turn it round but for now I very much doubt it.

Real Name

I was buzzing and excited when we signed him, but I think I have completely changed my mind on him. He offers very little and even for a base level is shocking. Not the only one by a long way but my word he was atrocious yesterday. Deserves dropping and probably starting with a front three of Rashford, Martial and Antony for now.

Very disappointed in him, hope he can turn it round but for now I very much doubt it.
Maybe Garnacho or Pellistri should get some more game time too. Rashford upfront doesnt work but can work on the wing.
And yeah, he definitely deserves a time on the bench.

TempusFugit

Just move him on to the number 10 position already, never going to make it here as a winger at this rate. Poor body language, doesn't play with enough heart or intensity. Too happy to coast along in games, out of gas by the 60th min. Needs to seriously look at himself, the noise is getting louder. Soon the media will seriously get on his case imo, it's what they do. Rashford should take his spot on the LW.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He plays better as a RW.

He has less time to dribble and cut in so he makes decisions quicker on his right foot - well because he has to.

ElBarto

He's a squad player unfortunately. No place for him as a 10 as we have other players. RW should be locked down by Antony. LW as much as I never thought I'd say this should be Rashfords. Rashford even in this incredibly poor guise at least offers some directness and some aggression. Sancho lacks any type of aggression he is so lightweight, gets gassed after 60mins he just isnt very athletic, seems skinny fat to me. He's had a season to bed in + full pre-season and whilst he may pad his stats he is the ultimate moments player. Too passive, too nice and too lethargic. At least Antony gets visibly vexed, Rashford has the strength to body someone, this guy needs to go on a TRT course and get some testosterone supplements or something.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Just move him on to the number 10 position already, never going to make it here as a winger at this rate. Poor body language, doesn't play with enough heart or intensity. Too happy to coast along in games, out of gas by the 60th min. Needs to seriously look at himself, the noise is getting louder. Soon the media will seriously get on his case imo, it's what they do. Rashford should take his spot on the LW.
At a no.10 he would be the 3rd choice behind Bruno and Eriksen, he was bought as a RW originally, that's what he played at Dortmund, shifted to a LW last season because he played better there, now everyone believes Rashford or Martial would be an upgrade to him, that's until they both get a few games at LW when everyone would say Sancho is class and should be a starter and then when he is invisible, Rashfrod or Martial should play and...so on...

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t think even number 10 works for him in the Prem. I’m sure he will be back at Dortmund in a couple years time

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Better on the right, though he should be much better generally.

romufc

The amount of times he lost the ball is shocking. What a bad performance from Jadon.

Status
Not open for further replies.