5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

I mentioned this yesterday. This was the turning point. It was a very dangerous counter attack which was an easy pass to Bruno. 2 v 1 situation. Instead Sancho tried to take it on himself and made a mess of it. City scored the opener 20 seconds later after stealing the ball back.

Marwood

He hasn't got it guys. You'll get the odd flash because he's talented but that'll be it.

It's not just a case of being young. What he's lacking isn't consistency or decision making, the usual young player traits.

He's lacking what players his age usually have in abundance. Energy, enthusiasm, aggression, confidence.

Make a quick decision and let him go while his value is high.

HookedOnAPhelan

Interesting watching highlights from his Bundesliga days. I know highlights are just that, and that the BL is lower quality, but he really looks like a completely different player. He's clearly playing within himself at United so far. Or maybe he just doesn't give a shit, who knows.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Much like Bruno, who I was also calling a 'must sign' player after watching him previously, I'm starting to think I was wrong about Sancho too. I don't know what the hell has happened but this isn't the player I saw at Dortmund.

It feels like at Dortmund he was just buzzing to be playing and enjoyed putting teams to the sword with his teammates. He was really lively all the time and trying things. Since he's come here it looks more like he's just going through the motions carrying out his day job. He doesn't look like he enjoys it at all and he's not got the same energy about him.

One thing I will say is that he's come to United and played under Ole, Rangnick and ETH. We're the only team he could have joined that just has no interest in playing football in a way that suits him. Perhaps with Martial back, who has similar tendencies to Sancho, we can see them link up and bring out more in each other. For some reason though it seems like we're forever going to be this team that needs individuals all over the pitch. Wingers that can just sprint in behind for Bruno's long balls over the top etc.

OmarUnited4ever

Much like Bruno, who I was also calling a 'must sign' player after watching him previously, I'm starting to think I was wrong about Sancho too. I don't know what the hell has happened but this isn't the player I saw at Dortmund.

It feels like at Dortmund he was just buzzing to be playing and enjoyed putting teams to the sword with his teammates. He was really lively all the time and trying things. Since he's come here it looks more like he's just going through the motions carrying out his day job. He doesn't look like he enjoys it at all and he's not got the same energy about him.

One thing I will say is that he's come to United and played under Ole, Rangnick and ETH. We're the only team he could have joined that just has no interest in playing football in a way that suits him. Perhaps with Martial back, who has similar tendencies to Sancho, we can see them link up and bring out more in each other. For some reason though it seems like we're forever going to be this team that needs individuals all over the pitch. Wingers that can just sprint in behind for Bruno's long balls over the top etc.
I get that you need to have teammates to linkup and work with, but a winger/forward player must be assertive and try things on their own sometimes, if you look at Foden for example, he is not particularly quick or strong, but if you watch him in an England game (outside of City setup that he knows well), you can see him at least trying to do something, move around, run at players and take them on, exploit spaces and all that, maybe not much will come off for him, but you don't need to be a prime CR7 going past several players in the wing, you can just try to make things happen on your own and be more assertive, Sancho doesn't even try that much, he gets the ball, and if he didn't mess up his first touch, he would just pass back or cut inside half heartedly and just pass sideways probably, it is very frustrating watching him and I think defenders have it easy defending him, all they need to do is just get tight on him and that's it!

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Lacking intensity, I give Bruno a lot of shit but I’ll never criticise him for going missing for 30 minutes of a game. Doesn’t do enough to take control the way Hazard would always show for the ball. He’s 22 but plays like an aging Juan Mata.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He needs to hit the gym and drink all those redbulls before a game like Vardy.

What is he good at?

His composure in and around the box is high level. We really need to get control of games and camp around the other team's box. Sancho, Martial and Antony would do well with this.

But this will only happen with an improved midfield.

saivet

Played himself out of the side tonight. Even aside from his error for their goal, he did nowhere near enough.

Shocking decision on the first goal, but that’s his default, too often takes the backwards pass cause he doesn’t trust himself to take on his man.

Rashford absolutely showed him up second half.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
But @bosnian_red told me he was in a totally different league to Saka, and it was like comparing Mahrez to Messi or Nani to Ronaldo? Now I am confused.

Bobski

No energy or drive and when things are going wrong he just goes with the flow and vanishes. No presence at all to his game.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
When everyone is fit it's hard to make a case for Sancho starting.

PoTMS

Absolutely nothing player. Honestly get rid if we can get back 50m.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The Sancho Chart

STEP 1
Do I have the ball? if NO go to step 2, if YES go to step 3

STEP 2
Do Nothing

STEP 3
Can I pass backwards? If NO go to step 2, If YES go to step 4,

STEP 4
Job Done.

OmarUnited4ever

I'm losing patience with his pathetic performances in the last couple of games. He needs to turn it around asap.

HookedOnAPhelan

Bench him until he grows a pair. Definitely talented, but talent will only get you so far. He needs to learn that.

Strootman's Finger

Is our recruitment incredibly incompetent, or do we just destroy players? What a waste of time and money Sancho has been, but at this point I'm not quite sure where the blame lies.

slored1

Might sound a bit too Football-Twitterish, but he doesn't have "the dog in him." Absolute pony, such a frustrating player.

Bobski

Is our recruitment incredibly incompetent, or do we just destroy players? What a waste of time and money Sancho has been, but at this point I'm not quite sure where the blame lies.
He turned up last season overweight and not ready, massive red flags over his mentality there.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Don't know how anyone who as watched this season come to the conclusion Sancho has been brilliant.
He's been clinical with chances, having said that he needs to sprint more/take on players and track back.

There's more he needs to do all round in his game and I think he will be coached with ETH.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
How is he so slow and lacks any explosiveness, he’s so young! Doesn’t make sense..

Status
Not open for further replies.