5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luka Mora

How is he so slow and lacks any explosiveness, he’s so young! Doesn’t make sense..
He hasn't ever had to fight for his place in the team before. He wasn't willing to wait for his chance and prove himself at City, so jetted off to Dortmund where he was guaranteed starter every game, then came here, we give him 350k wages and again guarenteed to start, everything laid out on a plate, so you can understand why he has no hunger nor fire because his back has never been against the wall.

Frank White

He's been clinical with chances, having said that he needs to sprint more/take on players and track back.

There's more he needs to do all round in his game and I think he will be coached with ETH.
Hugely different to what you initially said, The rest goes without saying.

mav_9me

I am a huge fan of Sancho but this is a real passive version. Almost like the passive Martial of a yr ago. Not sure why given he started the season fine.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This guy is below Rashford, Martial, and Antony in both current ability and talent imo.

Thiagoal

I’d like to see him given a go behind the striker in the 10 role. He doesn’t seem to have the pace required to play on the wide forward position and may get involved more centrally… maybe I’m clutching at straws?

In Rainbows

This guy is below Rashford, Martial, and Antony in both current ability and talent imo.
No, not in talent. In current ability yes. He just needs to stop doubting his own ability and actually try to make things happen. He's far too reserved for no reason. There is no reason why he should have been as timid as he was today against this side. He doesn't even try to test out his opposing fullback.

I’d like to see him given a go behind the striker in the 10 role. He doesn’t seem to have the pace required to play on the wide forward position and may get involved more centrally… maybe I’m clutching at straws?
No, if he is not willing to try to dribble at Omonnia, then he clearly doubts something about himself. It could be his pace. And if he doubts his pace, it won't hurt to try him out in a Mata like role. Because that's what he's looking like at the moment. The ability of Mata, with the confidence in his own physical ability of a Juan Mata.

LoneStar

At this point, I'm struggling to understand what his strengths are. He has zero pace, can't seem to dribble or beat a player. He doesn't have long range passing skills, is not a good crosser, and doesn't offer workrate on the wings either. Every time he gets the ball, he passes back to the fullback or the midfielder behind.

I wonder if he's better suited to playing in Bruno's role with link up play and passing in tight spaces. Really needs to wake up and do the basics right, at the very least. Looking more and more concerning by the day.

HookedOnAPhelan

Too lazy and complacent. Simple as that. Nothing will change with him until that changes. And I doubt he has the mentality for it.

Red_toad

Doesn’t have the world rate to play centrally.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No, not in talent. In current ability yes. He just needs to stop doubting his own ability and actually try to make things happen. He's far too reserved for no reason. There is no reason why he should have been as timid as he was today against this side. He doesn't even try to test out his opposing fullback.
What does he offer to make him bigger talent?

mav_9me

Biggest strength is awareness, passing, composure inside the box (like the goal against Liverpool)

Not sure why he has been so passive for us. He is never a take on the full back type of player but he is usually way more involved than this.

In Rainbows

Better technical ability outside of shooting technique.

That's exactly why he's so frustrating. He clearly has that in his locker yet he doesn't want to test himself in those situations by being more adventurous in the box. The only way he gets put in those situations is if his teammates force that on him by passing to him in the final 3rd. Because he is not willing to test himself by running at players in the box like Martial.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Biggest strength is awareness, passing, composure inside the box (like the goal against Liverpool)

Not sure why he has been so passive for us. He is never a take on the full back type of player but he is usually way more involved than this.
What awareness? Please Elaborate?

Passing is clearly not his strength since he’s been misplaced simple pass so many times at United. The player has to be at least Mata or Giggs’ passing ability as winger or attacking mid to say that an attacking mid or winger‘s passing is his biggest strength.

I have seen the same type of goal or composure inside the box that martial and Rashford displayed in their career at united.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Better technical ability outside of shooting technique.

That's exactly why he's so frustrating. He clearly has that in his locker yet he doesn't want to test himself in those situations by being more adventurous in the box. The only way he gets put in those situations is if his teammates force that on him by passing to him in the final 3rd. Because he is not willing to test himself by running at players in the box like Martial.
What technical ability? List them.

Ace of Spades

Always had my doubts about him. And the contract we gave was absolutely stupid, and the exact reason we are in the mess we are.

In Rainbows

What technical ability? List them.
First touch, ball manipulation, 1 touch passing, etc... I mean it's very easy to see. It's like thinking Rashford was more talented than Ravel because Rashford was better at first team football. Mentality matters a lot and that's something that Rashford is clearly showing as better than Sancho right now.

Why do you think I feel Sancho was awful today? It was due to his mentality. He was timid for no reason and treated the opposition with too much respect. Martial tried a dribble on the right hand side and failed. But he at least tried. He had the right mentality.

In terms of attributes, he is closer to David Silva/Juan Mata than Mane/Salah.
I agree with this, but he was still a dribbler at Dortmund. He was able to achieve 2.5-3.5 dribbles per game. Why can't he try against Ommonia's fullbacks? David Silva, like Iniesta, put themselves in the box, then demand the ball, and carry the ball in the final third because they have confidence in their ability to be able to play in that small area. This makes them dangerous and frees up defenders.

Sancho is too timid to perform their role right now.

united for life

Needs to be more involved. But i have no fear in him. He will be top player for us
i am not seeing signs of a player that will we a top player for us unfortunately. He needs to improve significantly for him to cement his position as a starter

El Jefe

This kid doesn't want it. Talent has gotten him this far but he's clearly content to just be a footballer and enjoy the perks that come with it.

People talk about his pace or strength, that has nothing to do with it, its all to do with his mentality.

As shite as Southgate is, his last two performances have only vindicated his decision. You'd think Sancho had nothing to prove with how he played today and on Sunday. Get him out of the first 11 asap.

ElBarto

He's a bit of a dud isn't he?
If he had half the work ethic of Elanga and the balls to take his man on rather than put his studs on the ball to eventually pass it back he would be instantly better.
Weak physically, weak mentally, aside from the odd 1-2 here and there he offers not a lot. Rashford/Martial deserve more game time than him

Bole Top

he seems satisfied actually. he's finally in England again and he's at United - he made it. doesn't strike me as someone who will lose sleep if he's benched or left out from NT. not every player has Ronaldo's hunger for improvement and that's ok. after all, it's not his problem United massively overpaid him.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
For £ spent per good performance so far he must be one of our worst signings of all time. People here wanted to spend £120m on him!

Silas

Pogba spent most of his time here in a pivot and still made a better winger than him... dear oh dear. Still want to see more of him with Martial upfront before I really start getting worried. Centrally is another option, but as others have echoed, I'm unsure if he has the passing range.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Might be worth giving him a go centrally in future, like where Bruno plays. Doesn’t need to have much explosiveness and surely would retain it better in that area.

RedOrange

Might be worth giving him a go centrally in future, like where Bruno plays. Doesn’t need to have much explosiveness and surely would retain it better in that area.
Does he lack explosiveness or is he just being lazy? I don't understand how he was successful as a winger at Dortmund if he doesn't have the physical attributes. I'm wondering if it's a motivation or mental issue at this point.

MrEleson

I think this clip sums of his attitude and mentality for me. Keep your eye on him throughout the whole video and you’ll notice that he’s one of the only players that didn’t sprint back to try and recover the ball despite being involved in the colossal mishap.

Boavista

Out of curiosity: those that would like to see him moved on already, would you mind if for example one of City or Liverpool signed him?

Suedesi

Lazy players piss me off. It's mildly annoying when a $80M winger cannot take on a defender from the Cypriot league and has to pass back to the LB. It really pisses me off that he made no effort to go on and try and recover the ball once Malacia lost it.

You could see players from both teams sprint back/forward, except Sancho taking a nice leisurely stroll. Just feck off

Red00012

So he rubbish on the wing but the answer by some is to play him in a Fernandes role :lol:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Out of curiosity: those that would like to see him moved on already, would you mind if for example one of City or Liverpool signed him?
Not saying move him on but I wouldn't worry if they did, he's not better than their wingers, far from it. He wouldn't start for any of the top 5.

Irwin99

I think this clip sums of his attitude and mentality for me. Keep your eye on him throughout the whole video and you’ll notice that he’s one of the only players that didn’t sprint back to try and recover the ball despite being involved in the colossal mishap.
That's just dreadful. If there are no options then a pass back can be excused but he has a player (Bruno?) making a forward run on the left, it's a five yard pass into space with no one likely to intercept it. WHY would anyone go backwards with the ball? Just why? :houllier:

Status
Not open for further replies.