Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Not really, anything over 100k after his performances in the prem and we'd struggle to get rid.

Does nothing going forwards, defensively or at all in general. His workrate is utter shite and outside of that people love to talk up his footballing IQ but surely if he was infact Einstein reincarnated on the pitch he be able to complete a simple pass ffs....
Don't think we need to get rid of him, he's a very good player. Why is it that we need to get rid of every player that has a dip in form?

He most certainly didn't play to his potential today, but so far this season I feel he has proved his worth.

Luka Mora

I think it's safe to say this guy is a fraud, no matter how much we will for him to succeed he clearly doesn't have what it takes to succeed here. This league isn't for him

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I still struggle to understand what he was trying to do before one of their goals, instead of controlling the ball in the huge space away from his opponents, which happened to conveniently be on his strong side, he seemingly tried to nutmeg him. Or maybe he miscontrolled the ball?

He has been extremely inconsistent since his transfer, some of his decisions are more than questionable.

El Jefe

How is he unreliable? We barely make possesion-based attacks. He very often finds himself isolated 2vs1, he doesn't have anyone to pass to in front of him that will score, it's just slow passing back and fourth, and he has nobody to pass the ball to him. Same problem on the right wing. He was almost through in a one vs one situation but the passing between him and Rashford fecked up the move. You don't really get to see him in the right positions because of it, in these types of games.
Like I said, people will continue to make excuses for him. Antony was out there in the same conditions and tried to do as much as he can. Sancho was a liability not because of the team but because he's unreliable as I mentioned.

Baneofthegame

His head was completely gone after the first half, should of had an easy chance but fluffed it after Bruno’s shot basically summed up his day, stopped a few attacks with poor position and doesn’t look like ever beating a man at all.

Ceteris

He hasn't got the pace to be a winger, I think he works best for us in the middle in an attacking position. He also needs to improve his fitness drastically and also show some balls on the pitch

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No dawg in him. He can have all the composure and technical ability in the world but if he has no application to play with some intensity there’s no point in him.

Hulme91

He's clearly not good enough, no point hanging around and praying for a miracle.
If we sell him this January/summer the club might still be able to recoup a reasonable fee based entirely on his Dortmund rep.. possibly 30 million or so if we're lucky

Becks00

He is beginning to worry me a bit. I believe in him and still do but he needs to start taking charge of games more and impose himself a bit on defenders rather than depending on the team before having a good game.

I still do believe in him and strongly believe he is far better than has shown so far.

Zippycup

I tend to judge a player on my feelings when the player is selected or not.

I'm neither here nor there when it comes to Sancho.
He doesn't start in my starting 11

slored1

Yeah, not looked good so far. Passive and timid. Needs to prove more.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
What’s he actually good at? He reminds me of Anderson, everyone raving about him before he got here and then he can’t do anything. He’s not quick, he can’t beat a man, he can’t cross, he doesn’t work, his passing is average. At least he’s composed in front of goal I guess. He’s still 22 so maybe he does have a lot more in him but it doesn’t look like he’s a talented player struggling for form, it looks like he’s an average player being found out.

Drizzle

Even at his best he's a cameo player, flitting in and out of games with flashes of skill and composure. When he's not at his best he's invisible.

I think it's a mentality thing with him. He's not resilient, he doesn't get angry on the pitch, he seems to shrink in moments of adversity. He also needs technical players and space around him to perform.

File alongside Mkhi and Kagawa. Good Bundesliga players that are not suited to modern United.

Red-17

Never said he wasn't bad, that first half was a shit show from the entire team. To me anyway there wasn't one particular stand out bad performance as everyone was shit, Sancho included.

It was the kind of game where I think if we switched just one player in the starting 11 we'd have been 4-0 down regardless at HT.
Sancho turned a dangerous counter for us into a counter for City leading to the first goal with a completely careless giveaway. He also got pretty much bullied by Walker and was useless in any dual. If you aren't a threat in behind or to beat your man, you at least have to be solid defensively and on the ball, and he didn't even do that.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
What’s he actually good at? He reminds me of Anderson, everyone raving about him before he got here and then he can’t do anything. He’s not quick, he can’t beat a man, he can’t cross, he doesn’t work, his passing is average. At least he’s composed in front of goal I guess. He’s still 22 so maybe he does have a lot more in him but it doesn’t look like he’s a talented player struggling for form, it looks like he’s an average player being found out.
I wonder this too considering how much many on here raved about him before he came. There's no outstanding attribute with him that the opposition would worry about, particularly while we're a team relying on counter attacks. Easy to see why he doesn't make England squads.

He's Mata with slightly more pace.

The Purley King

I couldn’t watch the game today, but have the feeling based on what we’ve seen from him he would be better centrally.
Doesn’t have the physicality to play as a winger.
You can’t pretend to threaten to take someone on on the outside if the fb you are facing is faster and stronger than you.
Not looking good at the moment……..

Frank White

Don't think we need to get rid of him, he's a very good player. Why is it that we need to get rid of every player that has a dip in form?

He most certainly didn't play to his potential today, but so far this season I feel he has proved his worth.
I was pointing out this his performances wouldn't warrant a 100k a week never mind whatever he's getting here as for the rest he's proved nothing so far this season, not that he doesn't have time to change it around but he's been bang average in his "good" games and been down right atrocious in his bad games.

KeanoMagicHat

I couldn’t watch the game today, but have the feeling based on what we’ve seen from him he would be better centrally.
Doesn’t have the physicality to play as a winger.
You can’t pretend to threaten to take someone on on the outside if the fb you are facing is faster and stronger than you.
Not looking good at the moment……..
Yeah there are some similarities with Depay, who was a good player but ultimately was lacking that blistering pace to be next level. Depay then improved when he played as striker more centrally than being relied on to beat his man out wide.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I wonder this too considering how much many on here raved about him before he came. There's no outstanding attribute with him that the opposition would worry about, particularly while we're a team relying on counter attacks. Easy to see why he doesn't make England squads.

Prime Mata had great killer balls and set pieces in him so he’s not even comparable there for me. He was also a hard worker.

criticalanalysis

I still struggle to understand what he was trying to do before one of their goals, instead of controlling the ball in the huge space away from his opponents, which happened to conveniently be on his strong side, he seemingly tried to nutmeg him. Or maybe he miscontrolled the ball?

He has been extremely inconsistent since his transfer, some of his decisions are more than questionable.
Haven't seen it again but i think he was trying to let the ball run across him to his left foot or something.

It was quite infuriating. He's trying to be silky/cute against the most athletic full back in the league when he had so much opportunity to control and/or play a simple forward pass which would have put us running towards their goal. He's usually much more intelligent than this but the entire attack and midfielders felt the need to go for the killer ball every time.

sammyhol

he has more pace than mata… but is nowhere near as good a footballer.

Bristol_Red_87

'Luxery' is how I'd describe him in his time here to date. And we're no where near good enough to carry luxuries.

I fear we may see a similar output from Antony too but far too early to judge.

Irwin99

Mata, in his first three seasons here at any rate, was far more involved in the team's build up play than Sancho currently is. I think what most people are frustrated about is the fact that Sancho never seems very involved outside of occasional flashes in games. I totally get that he's not a dynamic winger that will beat two or three players with pace but really, where's the rest of what he's offering?

I'm not writing him off yet but his passivity for an 80 million pound player is really annoying and it seems we have another one of those "you have to play him in a certain system to get the best out of him" players (Maguire, Pogba etc) that will get us nowhere to being the top team we want to be.

Vapor trail

Certainly wouldn't write him off but he needs to beat his defender more frequently. All of the wide United players are not direct with the exclusion of Antony who can be assessed over the season.

United need a Mudryk type of signing, Sancho like Rashford has the technical capabilities to be direct but they are very passive.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's good in the box. Doesn't have the pace for a wide position. Could probably do better centrally but he's not better than Bruno.

Someone

Something
He's a big talent but I'm beginning to lose faith. Another one of our players who doesn't work hard enough and doesn't handle pressure well. He's still 22 but he needs to work really hard because right now he isn't good enough.

Devil81

Slow, simply not fast enough.

Today was a bad day for him, he was caught on the ball, failed to get his passes off quick enough and generally looked nervous.

Sick of seeing him subbed on 60 minutes, basically says it all. Average for us.

Marwood

Pace isn't the problem. He's no slower than de Bruyne or Silva.

The lad is simply too soft for this league. Physically, mentally, he's very timid.

I look at him and see a player who'd much rather be playing beach football somewhere or playing exhibitions.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
'Luxery' is how I'd describe him in his time here to date. And we're no where near good enough to carry luxuries.

I fear we may see a similar output from Antony too but far too early to judge.
Antony has scored 2 in 2 in the premier league. This is far more than Sancho scored in his first few games for United, it took him months to score or assist. Antony has done more in a horrible game where he himself wasn't playing well, had barely any service, and still produced something of sheer quality. Sancho does nothing game after game, and occasionally will come up with a goal if the team is playing well. But when the chips are down he's invisible.

arthurka

A player who doesn't work hard shouldn't be anywhere near this team. When he is bad he is the absolute worst.

Bondi77

He will come good when we come up against teams with low intensity and slow fullbacks :houllier:
Give the guy a break FFS!

Skills

Snitch
You can't afford to carry someone like him in your forward line. He just doesn't have the weapons to cause any harm.

Dortmund are geniuses at marketing their players though. You see it Bellingham now - they make him one of their captains now, to add another 20-30m to the price tag for the intangibles. I feel like Sancho was also another marketing scam because this doesn't look like a threatening attacker.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
No wonder he's best mates with Rashford. Both play with the same intensity. Absolute disgrace. At least they'll both miss the World Cup as some sort of karma.

Do we actually try to find out about the personality of a player before we sign him? Why are we always picking absolute lazy dogshites?

sugar_kane

Just another talented kid without the necessary intelligence or intensity or drive to win.

Would do alright in patches at a mid-table PL club but wouldn't hold down a spot at a team competing for the league.

What a shame we're paying him like he's on the level of De Bruyne. Another Woodward masterclass.

Skills

Snitch
No wonder he's best mates with Rashford. Both play with the same intensity. Absolute disgrace. At least they'll both miss the World Cup as some sort of karma.

Do we actually try to find out about the personality of a player before we sign him? Why are we always picking absolute lazy dogshites?
Rashford's broken. Ole put his prime to end a few years ago.

He was way more dynamic than Sancho's ever shown for us up until his back injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.