Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFC NimbleThumb

We've got such terrible fans.
Yep.

Literally write anyone that isn’t the first coming of Ronaldo off within months. I talk to opposition fans & they’ll tell you how Player X is the second coming of christ yet for some reason our fans genuinely seem to hate the players.

I can get being disappointed in most of them but so many seem to take pleasure in players playing badly.

Threesus

This guy has been cooked online ever since cristianos comments about young ones not listening to him came out. And today as well.

Hope he overcomes whatever issues he is having and has a strong second half. If we get dortmund sancho, we might even nab second place in the league.

cpresc

Am I the only one who thinks Sancho could work in the middle? He doesn’t seem to have enough pace to get outside on the byline but he’s very cute with the one twos and fast intricate play.

I think this would be super interesting as a midfield 3

—— Sancho
————————- Bellingham
————-Casemiro

supernaniskill

Now that Ronaldo’s gone, get Sancho the number 7 shirt. JS7 will sort him right out *prays to the gods*

Stadjer

Says that Sancho is in the Netherlands at amateurclub OJC Rosmalen to keep up his fitness.

If it really is Sancho the question is why? The weather here isnt great for example

pascell

Says that Sancho is in the Netherlands at amateurclub OJC Rosmalen to keep up his fitness.

If it really is Sancho the question is why? The weather here isnt great for example

He's having family issues and it might have been recommended he gets away from it all for a few weeks.

Red00012

Pity he’s not in a sun resort training so people can give him more abuse.

Zoo

FujiVice

Getting dropped from the World Cup could be the making of him. Still just a kid, and really talented.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Am I the only one who thinks Sancho could work in the middle? He doesn’t seem to have enough pace to get outside on the byline but he’s very cute with the one twos and fast intricate play.

I think this would be super interesting as a midfield 3

—— Sancho
————————- Bellingham
————-Casemiro
I think for Sancho it would be the best option. He has the technical ability to operate in the confined spaces that comes from playing centrally, and his evasive style of dribbling allows him to function in the half spaces. Add to that the vision and passing he's shown earlier in his career I think it would bring the best out of him. When out wide in this league it highlights all his weaknesses, he lacks the penetration to truly impact games consistently. You end up with pretty impotent and frustrating performances. Though he's a pretty safe option when it comes to recycling the ball, he's definitely not making the impact everyone had hoped he would. In the middle he can still drift out wide and make use of the spaces, but you'd just (hopefully) get a lot more out of him.

I guess the problem is while it's potentially the best option for Sancho, is it the best way forward for United. You have players who are at this moment in time arguably superior in that role. With Sancho there's no guarantee he'd perform in the role, and he does have a few limitations that might even be accentuated by playing centrally. Personally speaking I'd love to see it, and get him playing a more pivotal and integral role within the system. A lot of his best qualities revolve around facilitating his teammates, and having a central role, literally and figuratively, could be the way of unleashing him. It's just he's shown so little it would be hard to justify granting him that role when you have other more proven players.

Sounds like he's struggling with some issues off the pitch, I wish him well and I hope I get to see him enjoying his football soon.

Pronewbie

Peep
Sounds like Sancho needed to get away from it all. Fairplay to him and ETH for setting up such an arrangement. If family relations are too toxic maybe it's best to just cut them off for a period.

I really hope we see a Sancho firing on all cylinders when the season restarts. The one we saw in preseason springs to mind. If we don't, I wouldn't mind replacing him with Gakpo.

ash_86

Sancho either improves or it could get bad for him at United.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups

From the little he’s shown so far, we’d barely notice if he wasn’t here. Needs to improve pronto.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

We probably won’t be able to recoup any good money for him so a loan to another PL team or somewhere abroad in the Summer seems the best option if he doesn’t improve dramatically, especially with the emergence of Garnacho. We should have done it a year ago though, like I said.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I'm pretty sure Sancho too is unhappy with himself. He's the most talented player you have, getting him to perform will be of great benefit to the club and Ten Hag himself. Would be ridiculous to give up on this talent, just because some other kid has one good game.

Josh 76

I'm pretty sure Sancho too is unhappy with himself. He's the most talented player you have, getting him to perform will be of great benefit to the club and Ten Hag himself. Would be ridiculous to give up on this talent, just because some other kid has one good game.
Give up? He’s been crap for a 18 months. I said it at the time, the most overrated player I’ve seen for a very long time.

arthurka

Hansi please don't bother coming here with sensible solutions. This place doesn't work that way. Couple of seasons ago he was the best player on the planet but now he isn't good enough and on to the next. Just look at that Porto goalkeeper after that almost blunder he was back to rubbish here after being talked about as the best keeper on the planet. Sensible is overrated on the CAF.

El Zoido

Pretty clear the type of player ETH likes, he wants warriors, players that fight for the shirt every week. Talent is one thing, application is everything. Sancho plays like a sad sack, never seen anything of him that suggests he’ll ever fit the profile of an ETH player. Hope he proves me wrong.

kirk buttercup

This. He is kagawa all over again. Overhyped
Kagawa wasn't played in his best position, Sancho is struggling as he doesn't have the same type of link up play he had at dortmund which he excelled at. Not every player fits into every system . Hopefully ETH can get the best out of him because there is definitely a baller in there

Abhinav

Kagawa wasn't played in his best position, Sancho is struggling as he doesn't have the same type of link up play he had at dortmund which he excelled at. Not every player fits into every system . Hopefully ETH can get the best out of him because there is definitely a baller in there
Every great player adapts to different systems. Its not EtH’s responsibility to get the best out of Sancho, it is for Sancho to show he can play in EtHs system. Too many excuses made for certain players. Sancho needs to buck up and put his enormous talent to use.

Stacks

No he isn't. We have kids who look more talented in this league. He needs to prove himself out of Germany. For England he was also mostly meh.
Hansi please don't bother coming here with sensible solutions. This place doesn't work that way. Couple of seasons ago he was the best player on the planet but now he isn't good enough and on to the next. Just look at that Porto goalkeeper after that almost blunder he was back to rubbish here after being talked about as the best keeper on the planet. Sensible is overrated on the CAF.
Not to England fans. He always flattered to deceive. It was mostly muppets. Once Greenwood emerged the need for Jadon dropped 55% and he just became a muppet/luxury signing especially since we signed 2 other LWF in 2021 when they wanted 120 million.
Who are these types of link players and why can everyone else manage? If he is so unadaptable then he is pointless signing. So we have to purchase BVB entire team and move to the Bundesliga for him to get his confidence back?
Every great player adapts to different systems. Its not EtH’s responsibility to get the best out of Sancho, it is for Sancho to show he can play in EtHs system. Too many excuses made for certain players. Sancho needs to buck up and put his enormous talent to use.
completely agree. Really its down to his confidence. I seen him put his head down and run at players 1 vs 1 in Germany like a proper winger. He isn't showing this at United for obvious lack of confidence. When wide players are confident and flying they go crazy. he is just playing safe

AFC NimbleThumb

He’ll be fine.

I agree with every word.

Telsim

I have yet to see this mythical talent on display even for just a single game. Not once. It's been 18 months. Makes perfect sense to me for Ten Hag to give him an ultimatum. Some players just don't work in this league. Especially with players like Garnacho right on his heels.

AFC NimbleThumb

This guy is credible?
You’re asking the wrong questions.

It aligns with the confirmation bias people need to pile on him further.

EtH has said nothing publicly, the guy is pretty straightforward in his pressers. I’m sure if he isn’t a fan of Sancho we’ll know soon enough but people want to be the first to say his crap so they can eventually say I told you so.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
This guy is credible?
Here is the original link:
https://as.com/futbol/hay-caso-sancho-n/

Via Google Transfer:
In fact, as AS learned, before the World Cup and missing the last five games with his club -the first two as a substitute and the next three due to illness-, the Dutch coach let Sancho know that he was not satisfied with his performance and asked for more commitment. All this, at a time when, in addition, the starting role was beginning to falter for the '25' of the Mancunian team.

And although Garnacho has not been summoned by the Argentine team to the appointment in Doha either, he has wasted no time. As this newspaper learned, the Spanish-Argentine player has been training in Madrid under the orders of a physical trainer, waiting for the start of United's winter preseason. A team that does not take its eyes off the transfer market and that could set its eyes again on Cody Gakpo, who was close in the summer but to whom the arrival of Antony closed the door.

I don’t know much about the reporter, Guillermo Raimundo. According to wiki he was a cardinal in the Catholic Church during the 1500s, I recon he could have sources ‘high up’.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillermo_Raimundo_de_Vich_y_de_Vallterra

Last edited:

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
One thing I would say though, there could be some upside in selling him ASAP. I wouldn’t say that it’s likely that we will do that, would at most put the probability for it to like 5-10%.

But thing is — Jaden Sancho has a really good reputation in the football world. The “hype” around him — manufactured or not — was tremendous before we got him. If we sell him now, we could probably still get a good return for him. I don’t know if it’s 40m or 50m or 60m, but like it wouldn’t be 25m.

I mean, if ETH feels that we just as well can make do with Garnacho at LW as backup to Rashford at LW and even Elanga as a 3rd backup — the money we could get for Sancho would be tremendously valuable at other positions of the field for us.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I have yet to see this mythical talent on display even for just a single game. Not once. It's been 18 months. Makes perfect sense to me for Ten Hag to give him an ultimatum. Some players just don't work in this league. Especially with players like Garnacho right on his heels.
A large contingent of the German fans on here seem to be really obsessed with defending every former and current bundesliga player, regardless of what team they are in. It's bizarre. Sancho has shown nothing in his 18 months here, but it's not his fault, it's United's fault for some reason or other. You see it again and again with them.

caid

Does anyone think he could play as a CAM instead of Bruno?
I think he could do a job there. I expect he'd be quite lacking in parts, defensively in particular just because he has no or limited experience in the role. I dont think it'd help him much or he'd be better there than on the wing. He drifts through games at times on the wing and that really wouldn't be tolerable in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.