5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Passitlikescholes

I think he's struggling with the pace of the EPL. When he receives the ball just outside the box, he always seems to try and slow the play down and take in all possible options before choosing which option to take. He can't do that in the EPL, he could get away with it in the Bundesliga but for us, that hesitation causes the breakdown in play.

He simply has to be more aggressive, from an attacking perspective, stop trying to slow it down and run at your defender with pace, options will open up.

For me he's too stuck playing in his current style of slowing it down far too much.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Does anyone think he could play as a CAM instead of Bruno?
Would be a huge drop in quality. Bruno is our best player in that position by a long long way. Everyone who wanted him dropped saw how much worse we were without him in the team.

saivet

Here is the original link:
https://as.com/futbol/hay-caso-sancho-n/

Via Google Transfer:
In fact, as AS learned, before the World Cup and missing the last five games with his club -the first two as a substitute and the next three due to illness-, the Dutch coach let Sancho know that he was not satisfied with his performance and asked for more commitment. All this, at a time when, in addition, the starting role was beginning to falter for the '25' of the Mancunian team.

And although Garnacho has not been summoned by the Argentine team to the appointment in Doha either, he has wasted no time. As this newspaper learned, the Spanish-Argentine player has been training in Madrid under the orders of a physical trainer, waiting for the start of United's winter preseason. A team that does not take its eyes off the transfer market and that could set its eyes again on Cody Gakpo, who was close in the summer but to whom the arrival of Antony closed the door.

I don’t know much about the reporter, Guillermo Raimundo. According to wiki he was a cardinal in the Catholic Church during the 1500s, I recon he could have sources ‘high up’.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillermo_Raimundo_de_Vich_y_de_Vallterra
The one off line sounds quite blunt and probably makes it sound worse than it is. We already knew ETH wants more from Sancho (and others) and he recommended some coaches as a result. See it as more of a positive than a negative as I doubt we will hear similar stories about AWB.

Pronewbie

Peep
To be fair he really does need to improve on his fitness levels. He's always gassed by the 70th minute and rarely helps out the defence. Was he like this too in Germany? Could it be a lack of natural fitness and endurance?

Deery

Dreary
This isn’t the Ronaldo thread.
You never regain stamina that much in football, a little bit yes but he isn’t coming back some Mane like machine, he’ll be gone in a year.

EtH

You never regain stamina that much in football, a little bit yes but he isn’t coming back some Mane like machine, he’ll be gone in a year.
Says the guy who defended Ronaldo‘s performances at every turn ?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s impossible to improve your fitness. It’s over guys.

HarryP

I like that we are trying something different with him rather than allowing him to drift.

He's a huge talent and we need to do everything possible to extract performances from him. If Ole was still manager he'd probably just keep telling him to believe in himself and continue to work hard. It's a relief to me that we're trying something different, whether it works or not.

Reactions: 711

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
He’s probably made a decision along with the club to focus on his fitness and sorting out any possible issues he’s having off the field, with the aim of hitting the ground running when the season restarts.

crossy1686

career ending
Looks like the manager has told him to stay in Holland and focus on his game, clearing his head and getting fit. Really hope he turns it around in the second half of the season otherwise you worry for him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Nothing baffling about it, you guys don’t know ball..
Even funnier when your argument isn’t even ‘ball’ related. Of course you can improve fitness. Jesus.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You are probably world class.
World class at what? Nonsense?

Imagine someone suggesting that you can't lose or gain core strength as a Footballer. It's really strange to say something that wrong with such confidence.

redshaw

Just like an apple iphone battery, there's no way back. We'll have to trade him in for a new one.

OmarUnited4ever

he's only 22 or 23 ffs, stamina and endurance levels can be improved upon easily and even reach new heights for any pro PL footballer, the only thing needed here is to be injury free

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Regain maybe not, but you can absolutely increase your stamina levels, and the good thing is that improving a factor like stamina at this age is much easier than improving a technical quality, or other physical components such as speed or strength. You can make massive strides when it comes to endurance, even more so if it’s not something that’s been particularly worked on.

You’ll always have people who are more suited to certain things than others, but stamina is about as universal as a physical factor can come. Barring any underlying health reasons, even the worst suited person can build up stamina levels. At this age, you’ll only get incremental improvements in speed, practical strength gains are easier than speed but tricky and take a long time. Your technical qualities are to an extent locked in, you absolutely can improve on them but you wouldn’t get anywhere near the same dramatic results as endurance improvements, where it can go from a massive weakness to a massive strength in a short amount of time, relatively.

If you have 6 months to improve a player, your best bet is almost always improving fitness. As while it’s not only doable, improving fitness leads to improvements in almost every facet of the game.

NoPace

You'd feel that it's a situation of either he turns it around after the break or leaves in 6 months.
When you look at Rashford and Garnacho on the left wing, our other major needs being expensive (2 CBs really, one likely very expensive, a #8, an RB and of course a quality #9) and teams like Villa and Newcastle spending 30M on guys like Chris Wood and Luca Digne, it's easy to imagine one of them offering 50+M for Sancho and Ten Hag wanting to use it to fill those other holes. He's as good a bet on an English player they're going to get.

He has the skill to make it here, but my guess is we may end up selling him so Ten Hag can buy Timber and a #9 and Frenkie or another CM he rates, and Sancho getting back to being in the England team as he hits his peak mid 20s age.

humdinger

It’s definitely odd he is away from the squad and not being given minutes to get match fit. Raises huge questions over his being dropped due to illness. If it’s purely a stamina thing could he not do an individual training programme whilst still remaining around the squad for tactical instruction and team building?

Hopefully I’m wrong but this does feel off to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.