Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Never ceases to amaze me.
To suggest Varane and/or Casemiro wouldn’t get a game for Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs is pretty stupid in itself.

The whole argument is thick.

Sancho is 22 and being written off already when prior to the break he was in good form and missing out on an England call.

Remember the geese

To suggest Varane and/or Casemiro wouldn’t get a game for Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs is pretty stupid in itself.

Sancho is 22 and being written off already when prior to the break he was in good form and missing out on an England call.
It really is ridiculous. Especially in the case of Varane and Casemiro, after all they have achieved for Madrid. Varane has been in fine form this season. Casemiro starts ahead of Fabinho for Brazil. Just unnecessarily shitting on the club and the players.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Plenty of Arsenal fans wouldn't start Varane or Casemiro right now over Saliba or Partey, same with Liverpool fans (Matip, Konate, Fabinho) , Chelsea, (Kante, Fofana, Silva), there will be Spurs fans who like their options too.

I said it was an argument, it is based on above. To argue otherwise is thick just because you can't take the red tinted glasses off.

TheReligion

Abusive
It really is ridiculous. Especially in the case of Varane and Casemiro, after all they have achieved for Madrid. Varane has been in fine form this season. Casemiro starts ahead of Fabinho for Brazil. Just unnecessarily shitting on the club and the players.
When you consider Chelsea play with 3 CBs, Arsenal play with Gabriel, Liverpool have been leaking goals everywhere and Spurs have Dier and Longlet on loan it’s crazy to say Varane wouldn’t start at any of those clubs.

Casemiro is another who would play for all of those teams.

TheReligion

Abusive
Plenty of Arsenal fans wouldn't start Varane or Casemiro right now over Saliba or Partey, same with Liverpool fans (Matip, Konate, Fabinho) , Chelsea, (Kante, Fofana, Silva), there will be Spurs fans who like their options too.

I said it was an argument, it is based on above. To argue otherwise is thick just because you can't take the red tinted glasses off.
So Varane wouldn’t play over Gabriel? And Casemiro over Xhaka?

Liverpool have been leaking goals all season and Chelsea play with 3 CBs and you suggest Varane wouldn’t play ahead of any?

Dier/Longlet over Varane?

You can’t be this silly surely.

Remember the geese

When you consider Chelsea play with 3 CBs, Arsenal play with Gabriel, Liverpool have been leaking goals everywhere and Spurs have Dier and Longlet on loan it’s crazy to say Varane wouldn’t start at any of those clubs.

Casemiro is another who would play for all of those teams.
Exactly how I see it too.

Leftback99

So Varane wouldn’t play over Gabriel? And Casemiro over Xhaka?

Liverpool have been leaking goals all season and Chelsea play with 3 CBs and you suggest Varane wouldn’t play ahead of any?

Dier/Longlet over Varane?

No most Arsenal fans wouldn't start Varane over Gabriel and Arteta will prefer a left footer. Xhaka's been very good this season in a more advanced role. Do you even watch the football you think all your opinions are correct on?

Varane's had 4 decent (but nothing special) games where we've been fortunate not to concede a lot more and some of you get totally carried away.

Ok, I might start Varane for Spurs in a 3. Others would argue otherwise (as per my original point). £300k a week I should hope so too, probably earns more than their whole defence.

TheReligion

Abusive
No most Arsenal fans wouldn't start Varane over Gabriel and Arteta will prefer a left footer. Xhaka's been very good this season in a more advanced role. Do you even watch the football you think all your opinions are correct on?

Varane's had 4 decent (but nothing special) games where we've been fortunate not to concede a lot more and some of you get totally carried away.

Ok, I might start Varane for Spurs in a 3. Others would argue otherwise (as per my original point). £300k a week I should hope so too, probably earns more than their whole defence.
Yeah you know absolutely nothing about football. Confirmed.

he always thinks United players are shite.

Casemiro starts over Fabinho for Brazil, and 4-5 months ago won his 5th CL, against fecking Liverpool. Wouldn’t start for Liverpool though.

Varane wouldn’t either, despite them being utter shite at the back and playing the likes of Gomez & Konate there.

TheReligion

Abusive
he always thinks United players are shite.

Casemiro starts over Fabinho for Brazil, and 4-5 months ago won his 5th CL, against fecking Liverpool. Wouldn’t start for Liverpool though.

Varane wouldn’t either, despite them being utter shite at the back and playing the likes of Gomez there.
Liverpool signed Arthur FFS to play in midfield but Casemiro wouldn’t get a look in.

Varane wouldn’t play ahead of Gabriel at Arsenal, any of Chelsea’s three centre backs or ahead of Eric Dier or Longlet at Spurs.

Bad troll that lad. Bad.

Leftback99

Liverpool signed Arthur FFS to play in midfield but Casemiro wouldn’t get a look in.

Varane wouldn’t play ahead of Gabriel at Arsenal, any of Chelsea’s three centre backs or ahead of Eric Dier or Longlet at Spurs.

Bad troll that lad. Bad.
Casemiro doesn't even start for us yet in any meaningful game by the way.

The fact that you've boiled my whole point down to would Varane start over Gabriel and Spurs back 3 at best says it all.

Remember the geese

The fact that you've boiled my whole point down to would Varane start over Gabriel and Spurs back 3 at best says it all.
Casemiro is a better player than McTominay. That shouldn't need to be said. Varane would arguably start for every club in the league.

TheReligion

Abusive

You’ve got several posters telling you that you’re talking shit.

Read the room.

You’re actually ignoring the better point, Casemiro does start ahead of Liverpool’s DM for his national team.
5 months ago you’d never in a million years make the argument as he beat Liverpool and picked up his 5th CL medal. But he’s at United now and unsurprisingly Leftback thinks everyone at United is shite.
Pretending Dier would be selected over Varane is hilarious mind.

Sometimes it’s ok to just say “aye, was probably going over the top a bit there”.

Leftback99

You’ve got several posters telling you that you’re talking shit.

Read the room.
Couldn't care less, have done before. I end up far more right than wrong in the end. You tried this the other week on me (seem to have an issue with me?) and ended up looking ridiculous then too.

Anyway this is the Sancho thread.

TheReligion

Abusive
Couldn't care less, have done before. I end up far more right than wrong in the end. You tried this the other week on me (seem to have an issue with me?) and ended up looking ridiculous then too.

Anyway this is the Sancho thread.
Look ridiculous? Read the room ‘Mr Know-it-all’. FFS this is painful :lol:

Leftback99

You’re actually ignoring the better point, Casemiro does start ahead of Liverpool’s DM for his national team.
5 months ago you’d never in a million years make the argument as he beat Liverpool and picked up his 5th CL medal. But he’s at United now and unsurprisingly Leftback thinks everyone at United is shite.

Sometimes it’s ok to just say “aye, was probably going over the top a bit there”.
I did on Spurs.

My post was based on right now, are we getting value for money from our 5 biggest earners. No, Casemiro looks way off the pace so far, Varane is injured yet again after 4 decent games. I notice the other 3 (Sancho, De Gea, Ronaldo) aren't even getting mentioned because it's barely debatable.

TheReligion

Abusive

And he complains he gets singled out..

Here’s a thought. Stop posting absolute bollocks and it might prevent people being drawn into calling you out on it.

Instead he’ll try and double down on it despite multiple posters making him look an idiot.

Leftback99

Look ridiculous? Read the room ‘Mr Know-it-all’. FFS this is painful :lol:
Like I said I don't care what the 'room' thinks. May as well just read and just nod along if that's the case.

Everything's brilliant, we're going to win the league. :wenger:

I did on Spurs.

My post was based on right now, are we getting value for money from our 5 biggest earners. No, Casemiro looks way off the pace so far, Varane is injured yet again after 4 decent games. I notice the other 3 (Sancho, De Gea, Ronaldo) aren't even getting mentioned because it's barely debatable.
No, you posted “City & Liverpool wouldn’t start any”. If it’s right now you say you’re talking about as a technicality then I think you should probably look at Liverpool’s results and their fecking teamsheets. Clearly both Varane and Casemiro would’ve started every game for them this season.

Varane has so far missed one game with injury this season, he’s been available for all the others so you’re being melodramatic there. It’s kinda “right now” when it fits your argument it seems, like right now this very second as Varane is injured.
No-one is arguing with you about Sancho, De Gea and Ronaldo, it’s a fair point.

TheReligion

Abusive
Like I said I don't care what the 'room' thinks. May as well just read and just nod along if that's the case.

Everything's brilliant, we're going to win the league. :wenger:
Your credentials here are in the gutter anyway so I understand why you wouldn’t care.

People see your views and immediately know exactly the opposite is correct.

Leftback99

Your credentials here are in the gutter anyway so I understand why you wouldn’t care.

People see your views and immediately know exactly the opposite is correct.
And yet history and results prove otherwise.

Leftback99

Your posting history and the fact several posters here have appeared and called you out on your nonsense speaks volumes. A known troll.

You’re in the mud.
Haha you're talking about one poster above who himself has actually admitted I've been right before after similar discussions about the quality of the team.

You're the kind of poster who thought we were going to win the league last season when I was getting abuse for saying we'd be 4th at best (and was still wrong). Absolutely clueless.

TheReligion

Abusive
Haha you're talking about one poster above who himself has actually admitted I've been right before after similar discussions about the quality of the team.

You're the kind of poster who thought we were going to win the league last season when I was getting abuse for saying we'd be 4th at best (and was still wrong). Absolutely clueless.
You’re the kind of poster everyone wishes wouldn’t post.

wangyu

The whole Casemiro thing is weird. We were after De Jong for months and then when we finally realized we wouldn’t get him we suddenly bought Casemiro who is a completely different player. Then after this huge deal it is apparently ok to not let him start EPL games.
Was there any communication between the board and Ten Hag about this?

I have to applaud Real, they seem to make the right choices very often regarding when to let players go and they often seem to be capable of getting big money for them as well. Barca and Utd have a lot to learn from them.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The whole Casemiro thing is weird. We were after De Jong for months and then when we finally realized we wouldn’t get him we suddenly bought Casemiro who is a completely different player. Then after this huge deal it is apparently ok to not let him start EPL games.
Was there any communication between the board and Ten Hag about this?
They are completely different players, but they might be good partners for each other. The thought might have been to get Casemiro in now, and then sign De Jong (or another player of similar ilk) in 12 months time.

Dannn411

People will keep saying he's talented while he barely ever shows anything close to that on the pitch. Another gross overspend. Even at €73m.
Should be made to compete for his spot.

Nash27

Had a good pre-season and looked to have struck a good partnership with Dalot. But now on the left seems to have reverted to a very conservative winger.
Needs to be more direct and take players on. I think he's another type of winger who needs the fullback to be attacking as well similar to Antony.

redNATION

When are we going to be lucky and get a Salah, Mane, or Hazard on our wings? It’s ludicrous the amount we’ve spent and none of these guys seem to be even as good as Nani or Valencia.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That was more aimed at Rashford than Martial (who has better close control than Rashford).

You can't bring up an instance of Rashford having as good of a first touch. It's the consistency that makes the player have the better attribute. If you're a scout, why would you look at an instance of play and then declare players equal or better? That's nonsense. It's the consistency of ball control. Like Rashford is a better first division player than Angel Gomes, but who has the better close control? It's Gomes. The same is true with Januzaj.

Ball manipulation is the ability to drag the ball or touch it in a way to keep the ball to yourself in tight situations. Tricks play a part in this. It's a small part of the game, but goes into technical ability. For example, I don't believe Angel Gomes has this ability compared to Rashford or Greenwood. This skill can help you retain possession in unexpected instances of the defender being right on you, or it can help you dribble past a player. Think of Iniesta using the croqueta to helping him retain possession in dangerous situations.

Mentality goes into who makes the better player. For example, I don't care if I believe that Ravel is more talented, when I know Rashford is the better player. Ravel being more talented doesn't mean I don't believe Rashford is the better player. I don't believe the statements contradict one another. The reason why is because I would argue it's not a skill. Work rate can go into making who the more effective player is and all it takes is making the decision to work harder.

If you believe work rate goes into talent, then what about Rashford's work rate over the last year? Did that mean his talent was at a lower ceiling just last year? Does talent fluctuate to you? Or did it just mean that it affected his effectiveness on the football pitch? I believe it's the latter.

Sancho's passing in close quarters hasn't been a weakness. Sancho's crap play has largely been a case of him being timid, and thus anonymous. What did he really do bad against Ommonia that made his general play crap? Was it the one decision to play the pass to Malacia? Really? Or was it his consistent failure to even try to impact the match?

Sancho needs to stop playing so passive.
I purposely used the Rashford first touch of his goal vs chelsea in 19/20 to reflect of how incorrect and bias your argument is because I was doing exactly what you did. The same I can say about your argument about Sancho as you used his goal vs Liverpool means you also can’t bring up an instance of Sancho having composure inside the box. It's the consistency that makes the player have the better attribute. There is no consistency in everything what you said about Sancho and that includes his ball control and touch. Do you want a proof? Check out below images, Sancho has more unsuccessful touches than Rashford. Rashford worst one in the league was 2.5 while Sancho worst one in the league was 2.8. There is no indication to show how Sancho has shown consistency to show that he has more talent than Rashford in term of first touch or even ball control. Sancho might better dribbler in closed control but technique is not only about dribbling in closed control and clearly there are techniques where Rashford is better or not worse than Sancho, so in overall technique, rashford is not worse than Sancho!! On top of that this ball manipulation is useless if you can’t utilise it because you are being outmuscled easily, like Sancho. So again it is not effective for game of football.

wangyu

They are completely different players, but they might be good partners for each other. The thought might have been to get Casemiro in now, and then sign De Jong (or another player of similar ilk) in 12 months time.
I have a feeling we’re going for Tielemans but he is more like Eriksen than De Jong, could be wrong though I don’t watch a lot of football outside utd.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I genuinely thought he'd do so well for you lot.

He's absolutely going to be dropped against Everton.
I'm not surprised he struggled last season. The way we played relied on individual brilliance from our attackers rather than any real teamwork and interplay. No player will look as good in that system (or lack thereof), but some are more suited than others. An in-form Rashford for example can still shine in that type of play. Sancho however is someone who probably relies on that system and movement around him more than most top wingers, as he does lack a bit in pace and power. So the fact that he'd constantly receive the ball with no teammate near him or making proper runs severely limited his effectiveness. It seems like that has also significantly hurt his confidence which just makes it all worse.

The flip side (at least in theory) is that when he does have that movement around him his ceiling might be higher. Not only will the system make him look better, but he'll play a big part in making the system as a whole better as he'll be a key player in finding players who are making those runs into good positions. As I said though, that's the theory. He will need to prove it, and he needs to be much better than he normally has been as we build towards that system (which we've seen some improvement in since ETH came in but we're still a long way from the finished product).

He may still play against Everton. With Martial still being eased back into the team, it's probably a straight choice between Sancho and Ronaldo for the third attacking spot. Personally I'd choose Ronaldo so that Rashford can play on the left (where he's much better), but if I were a betting man I'd go with Rashford up front and Sancho on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.