Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
A more expensive Kagawa. You love to see it, my arse.
Kagawa at least scored a hattrick and never put the stinkers Sancho had showed for us multiple times. Sancho was actively playing like Chelsea player last match. One thing is it looks like he is very skinny and looks like he never stepped inside a gym. I am not saying you need to be Hulk to play football but he lost every physical battle he had all the time.

JeffFromHK

It must be the Euro penalty miss. It took a while for players to get over that. Maybe it’s still affecting him because between 2018-2021 he was one of the most productive players in the top 5 leagues, with numbers only below Messi.

He looks a shadow of the player that was so direct at Dortmund. He was electric. Multiple great displays against Bayern… Maybe he’s fallen out of love for the game? He always looks so mellow and plays that way now.

One thing in this video I notice is that he looks so much more athletic and intense. Way more than he ever has for us.
if a player is crushed by a penalty miss and sulk for 1.5 years as a result, we should get rid of him then.

OpenIntrovert

I feel that Sancho's issue is more of adapting to Ten Hag's pressing intensity methods which is not his best area. He does not have a lot of stamina which is taking the toll on him.

Perhaps a false nine will suit Sancho better than him playing on the wings. It is also possible that there are too many games to play which is causing muscle fatigue (some players can adapt, some like Sancho don't adapt so well).

mu4c_20le

Kagawa at least scored a hattrick and never put the stinkers Sancho had showed for us multiple times. Sancho was actively playing like Chelsea player last match. One thing is it looks like he is very skinny and looks like he never stepped inside a gym. I am not saying you need to be Hulk to play football but he lost every physical battle he had all the time.
He made some mistakes but we played our best in the first half when he was on. We got worse after he came off for Fred.

jamesblonde

We've seen this happen before. A truly great player, Haaland, lifts up the value of those around him. Haaland made him look good, because he created acres of space for him, and he finished chances created by Jadon (that other strikers would have missed).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We've seen this happen before. A truly great player, Haaland, lifts up the value of those around him. Haaland made him look good, because he created acres of space for him, and he finished chances created by Jadon (that other strikers would have missed).
No. Sancho was great for Dortmund with whoever the striker was. He was a world class prospect and breaking records before Haaland came in.

It was just a different Sancho. Whether it was less pressure and he felt like he could take more risks and thrive more, who knows. But it was a different Sancho mentally. Nothing to do with Haaland.

Strelok

No. Sancho was great for Dortmund with whoever the striker was. He was a world class prospect and breaking records before Haaland came in.

It was just a different Sancho. Whether it was less pressure and he felt like he could take more risks and thrive more, who knows. But it was a different Sancho mentally. Nothing to do with Haaland.
Agree frankly I have no idea what's wrong with him now. He was really good back then even against Bayern or the other top sides in the CL. Now he even fails to do the very basics so imo must be a confidence issue. He hasn't had any serious injury either. Otherwise it's impossible to explain how he could become this bad imo.

E-mal

He was so relieved when he finally was substituted yesterday, that is more telling.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is the only player in the squad that eventhough he was being picked as the first teamer at first, looked like as if he was worried about something. Im afraid he doesnt believe he fits Ten Hag's tactics. But we will see. Still a long way to go.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Can count on one hand the stand out games he's had since we bought him and still have fingers spare. I get that he came in to a mess of a first season but he's been a really bad signing so far. The sooner we bring in a striker and can push Rashford out left the better.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
He made some mistakes but we played our best in the first half when he was on. We got worse after he came off for Fred.
Probably caused by the Kovacic sub imo. And ETH mistake is not subbing him out, its subbing him out for a midfielder. Cant imagine any LW in the league would do worse than him yesterday. Also highlighted the state of our bench too. We got no striker at all in the bench

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Agree frankly I have no idea what's wrong with him now. He was really good back then even against Bayern or the other top sides in the CL. Now he even fails to do the very basics so imo must be a confidence issue. He hasn't had any serious injury either. Otherwise it's impossible to explain how he could become this bad imo.
Yep. Its not a talent issue with Sancho - he's fecking up all the basics and is entirely looking like he's just crumbling under the pressure out there. Refuses to try anything. fecks up simple touches or passes which he is normally so reliable with. Whether he's still too timid when he gets his confidence back is another matter, but it's all mental with him IMO.

Strelok

Yep. Its not a talent issue with Sancho - he's fecking up all the basics and is entirely looking like he's just crumbling under the pressure out there. Refuses to try anything. fecks up simple touches or passes which he is normally so reliable with. Whether he's still too timid when he gets his confidence back is another matter, but it's all mental with him IMO.
Agree. Anyway he seems to be really weak mentally imo. Maybe he should see some sport psychologist that might help I think. What a shame if he can't make it here.

Mercurial

The guy is sated and heavily lethargic in his application, whenever the ball hits him you know the attack is over and soon about to fizzle out. Not sure what his exact main issue is but his mentality is not up there with even the lowest tier greats or even an eager sub. I didn't like all of his international covid rule busting prior to us getting him either, it showed a lack of discipline /or respect to the expected order of things, team mates and the task at hand at the time. Perhaps all that goeasy, carefree mentality is translating now. He didn't push for the move either, and at the time we had elements that blamed our hierarchy for "lowballing". Think he is decently happy as is, joined us at a time where money was the superior motivator and not quality of squad and has since to some extent mentally capped out in that context. Shame on the money paid and paying. Waste of great talent. Hope he wakes up.

zenith

I don't think folks should jump the gun. Last year was a disaster was everyone and not judging anyone for it. This season is not over yet, we have a new manager, new tactics and everyone will adapt at their own pace.

We have a fit again shaw at it again and a proper coach in charge. Let's see how things shape up going forward

Thiagoal

It’s crazy how players can move to Old Trafford and look a shell of their normal self. At Dortmund Sancho was so confident, pulling off ridiculous skills and a goal / assist machine. He just looks bereft of any confidence- the badge on the shirt weighs too heavy on him! His problems are all psychological. He can barely do the basics right at the minute which is sad to see!

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He hasn't been consistently good since we bought him. First season was a collective shitstorm. This season we are seeing players improve under ETH but not Sancho yet.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He will benefit from playing against bottom half of the league. We had a crazy run of games and I think his confidence was dropping and hit the lowest level yesterday.
I have my doubts as he doesn't seem capable of playing 90' game, even though he doesn't really put that much effort on the pitch. His skills are not the issue obviously. Big question marks about his mentality.

Bobski

I just wonder what kind of magic BvB performed to pull the wool over our eyes yet again.
Stats and nicely edited youtube compilations. You could make a really nice one of his time at Utd, the problem is between every moment of lovely skill there is 60 mins of nothing. Even at his Dortmund peak he looked average for England.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
if a player is crushed by a penalty miss and sulk for 1.5 years as a result, we should get rid of him then.
Saka and Rashford missed penalties. See how they're doing. I was hoping the fearlessness and attitude of Antony would rub off on him. So far, no such luck.

JeffFromHK

Apparently he’d be great as a number 10 or 8 now despite having absolutely no evidence to suggest he will. :wenger:
we are very stacked in No. 10 position and Sancho is easily the worst candidate playing in such position.

Can you imagine Sancho making those Bruno-esque assists?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Man, you guys really don't deserve this player. Well, maybe the anonymous coward United turned him into ;)

saivet

One thing in this video I notice is that he looks so much more athletic and intense. Way more than he ever has for us.
The main things I see from that is when 1vs1, much more willing to take on his man but when congested often waits for movement from either the full back on the overlap or combines with another attacker and looks for the ball back.

Perhaps we lack the combinations that Dortmund had, partly due to our new playing style but also with our profile of player. Dalot will never be like Hakimi and Reus, Brandt, Hazard etc. are different to players like Bruno or Rashford. He simply has to adapt to his new tactics and players for those combinations to come off while being more brave and intense when he does get 1vs1 opportunities.

You don't need to be a speed merchant to make on one player in their own half.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Technique my arse.

It was obvious from his Bundesliga days that he wasn’t all that special.

I blame some of the fan base alongside Ole for salivating about him every chance they get.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
There was some rumour of him not sleeping well and struggling because of that. Plus his off the field activities was also criticised.

Its just seem at this moment that he doesn't have the mentality to be a top player. I hope I am wrong but Sancho has been probably our most expensive mistake at the moment

ForeverRed1

Last season you could allow it. He was new and walked in to a shite show. This season he’s got a much better network around him, filled with mentality monsters. He’s had a whole season to bed in.. we need more from him. He need this guy to step up massively. He’s not aggressive enough so far and needs to bulk up and work on that side.

4evareddevil

EPL is intense and requires far greater physical attributes than Bundesliga. But he is on that top tier of wages at Utd and needs to start justifying it, otherwise he will go down as yet another almighty flop. Haaland needed almost no time to adjust to the English game, Jadon has had a season and a half now, so needs to get his act together soon…..

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
There was some rumour of him not sleeping well and struggling because of that. Plus his off the field activities was also criticised.

Its just seem at this moment that he doesn't have the mentality to be a top player. I hope I am wrong but Sancho has been probably our most expensive mistake at the moment
What off field?

He also lacks stamina and athletism, he needs to work much harder on these things. But if that is fown to attitude, not even ETH can improve him

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
EPL is intense and requires far greater physical attributes than Bundesliga. But he is on that top tier of wages at Utd and needs to start justifying it, otherwise he will go down as yet another almighty flop. Haaland needed almost no time to adjust to the English game, Jadon has had a season and a half now, so needs to get his act together soon…..
While the level in the PL is definitely higher (everything else would be a disaster looking at the money involved in both leagues) I think the difference in preferred playing styles might also be a factor. German teams seem to play higher lines than many English teams, so players who can beat those high lines by speed (like Timo Werner) or the ability to play through speedy players (like Sancho) is quite valuable in the BL. On the other hand players who are used to work with very little space in the PL are struggling to beat the distances they have to due to higher lines in the BL (look at Sadio Mane or Callum Hudson-Odoi having very little impact this season so far).

Haaland is exceptional because he has both speed and power, that's why he can beat every defense. This is of course an oversimplified view of the leagues, but I still think we should keep that in mind as a potential influence.

Back to Sancho I'm also convinced that there is a mental issue for him. He did put in a shift at Dortmund and he dragged them to a cup win, he was a leader for that team (along with Haaland, but Sancho was definitely more important to that run). We see nothing of that at United, instead we see a mangnified version of the Sancho who started slowly into seasons and got sanctioned for partying. Somehow it seems like a huge mismatch and after this is going on for the whole time he is there I do feel like it would be best for him (and United) if he rebooted his career with a fresh start somewhere else.

Red00012

I hope he works hard during the World Cup break and comes back a different player

Mercurial

While the level in the PL is definitely higher (everything else would be a disaster looking at the money involved in both leagues) I think the difference in preferred playing styles might also be a factor. German teams seem to play higher lines than many English teams, so players who can beat those high lines by speed (like Timo Werner) or the ability to play through speedy players (like Sancho) is quite valuable in the BL. On the other hand players who are used to work with very little space in the PL are struggling to beat the distances they have to due to higher lines in the BL (look at Sadio Mane or Callum Hudson-Odoi having very little impact this season so far).

Haaland is exceptional because he has both speed and power, that's why he can beat every defense. This is of course an oversimplified view of the leagues, but I still think we should keep that in mind as a potential influence.

Back to Sancho I'm also convinced that there is a mental issue for him. He did put in a shift at Dortmund and he dragged them to a cup win, he was a leader for that team (along with Haaland, but Sancho was definitely more important to that run). We see nothing of that at United, instead we see a mangnified version of the Sancho who started slowly into seasons and got sanctioned for partying. Somehow it seems like a huge mismatch and after this is going on for the whole time he is there I do feel like it would be best for him (and United) if he rebooted his career with a fresh start somewhere else.
On the type of salary we pay he knows he is here until the end of that contract.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Physicality is not a means in itself, there's no reason why different playing styles shouldn't work there. City itself is the prime example of that. Haaland didn't succeed because he's physical but because he's another cog in a well oiled machine. Sancho had a terrible start because United was at shambles when he joined and the worst possible fit for him. Now it seems as if that took its toll on him. He's obviously not blameless for this because he needs to be more resilient but one way or another, doubting his talent due to that is just stupid. If you gave me a choice, he'd still the first name I'd pick from your squad. I hope Ten Hag will ultimately be his saving grace at United but maybe a fresh start would really be the best for him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I hate how Bundesliga fans talk about Haaland like he just broke through in that league.

He was immense in every league he has played in whilst gradually improving to this date.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I hate how Bundesliga fans talk about Haaland like he just broke through in that league.

He was immense in every league he has played in whilst gradually improving to this date.
Who is saying that? Every post I'm awareof acknowledges that he does his thing anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.