5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salfordlad70

He’d struggle to beat a mannequin at fullback right now. His confidence is shot and he isn’t at all focussed and offers little support for his own fullback.

Flashes of brilliance, but no penetration. A bit like my sex life actually….

Erics_Collar

Overweight, bloated man struggles to impress alongside professional athletes. More at 11, but first here's Clarice with today's weather.

RedDevilQuebecois

He’d struggle to beat a mannequin at fullback right now. His confidence is shot and he isn’t at all focussed and offers little support for his own fullback.

Flashes of brilliance, but no penetration. A bit like my sex life actually….
Remember those memes about Tom Cleverley? Sancho is the Tom Cleverley of all wingers.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Got his big payday and stopped giving a feck clearly.

Giving him all that money a week was so so stupid. Not a single other club in the world would have matched that so why did we cave in? Should have been 150-200k a week at the most. You have to earn 350 bags a week. What had he done in the game to earn that? Absolutely nothing.

Maguire has been a better signing and I don't like Maguire. That's says it all. Sancho has had about 4 good games in 2 seasons.

Please for the love of god if you see anyone saying Sancho is better than Rashford again give them a bleeding slap around the chops. Hahahaha

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Better than the alternatives, and generally has good flashes with a lot of positive contributions but then makes a bad decision in the box and it snowballs from there... It's like his confidence is so so fragile and it falls down so quickly. Some people just can't cut it at a big club.

CloneMC16

Remember those memes about Tom Cleverley? Sancho is the Tom Cleverley of all wingers.
I remember Cleverley thinking he was as good as Xavi because his pass completion rate was above 90%. Good times.

Giving him all that money a week was so so stupid. Not a single other club in the world would have matched that so why did we cave in? Should have been 150-200k a week at the most. You have to earn 350 bags a week. What had he done in the game to earn that? Absolutely nothing.

Maguire has been a better signing and I don't like Maguire. That's says it all. Sancho has had about 4 good games in 2 seasons.

Please for the love of god if you see anyone saying Sancho is better than Rashford again give them a bleeding slap around the chops. Hahahaha
I've never understood why we gave him so much. No other club were even in for him. He was only 21 and had proven nothing in a top quality league. Crazy stuff by Woodward. The only positive is we didn't spend the £120m that Dortmund initially wanted.

Maguire has easily been better. Not even close.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Better than the alternatives, and generally has good flashes with a lot of positive contributions but then makes a bad decision in the box and it snowballs from there... It's like his confidence is so so fragile and it falls down so quickly. Some people just can't cut it at a big club.
Confidence I can agree with when he’s making the the wrong choice or. It attempting to beat a man but that doesn’t explain away his lack of effort, fight and Desire. You put all that together and it just makes him a waste of time and effort.

Malone_Post

I genuinely can’t think of one exceptional game he’s had since we signed him. He has moments but I can’t remember a full game where he’s been brilliant from start to finish? Has he had any MOTM’s since signing?

I honestly think the likes of Mitoma, Gray & Barnes are more effective players. They get involved and make a difference. Sancho is just…there..on the pitch…linking up nicely enough, showing some good touches…but never really effecting the match. He has no drive or hunger to stamp his mark. He’s just a bit of a nothing player in all honesty.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Even early on when we were going well everything just slows down when it gets to him , very indecisive player , slows play down and usually ends up looking for the safe pass backwards. Momentum killer.
So much this, 95/100 times he ends up standing still with the ball no matter what situation he gets it in and then he looks for a pass no longer than 5m. It's so infuriating because he should have the pace, skill and vision to play the game at a 100mph and do so much more, but it seems he forgot to pack those attributes when he got on the plane from Dortmund.

Bondi77

I am not worried as I think we will tie down Alejandro and he will be wearing the #7 next season and as I have stated not long after Sancho came and that is he is a squad player....a very expensive one mind you.

abailey123

If he’s not got an option for a 5 yard pass his head goes. Ten Hag right to drag him off as he started to sulk and not track his man. Unfortunately he’s our only real option on the left at the minute

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think this "confidence" talk masks a certain reality. He's fecking lazy. I know Malacia was dreadful but how many times did Sancho just give up after being dispossessed and watch his teammates having to deal with things while he stood still. Unacceptable.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Maybe, just maybe he's just not that talented.

Because it's three things: mental, physical and technical..

Chinchy98

Sancho is fortunate that Rashford & Garnacho are injured. He gave up in the 2nd half.

You can accept games where forwards are wasteful if they are looking to be decisive/proactive in the final third, but Sancho is so passive in all aspects of his game.

Bebe

I honestly think the likes of Mitoma, Gray & Barnes are more effective players. They get involved and make a difference. Sancho is just…there..on the pitch…linking up nicely enough, showing some good touches…but never really effecting the match. He has no drive or hunger to stamp his mark. He’s just a bit of a nothing player in all honesty.
He reminds me more and more of Isco every game. Lovely skill but not a lot being done with it

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He shows a few glimpses but just not there. Even one trick pony Antony was more versatile and threatening today.

I don't see him moving in the summer, but it definitely feels like last chance saloon if he can't step up in the next season.

Eddy_JukeZ

He reminds me more and more of Isco every game. Lovely skill but not a lot being done with it
Isco at least was sensational for Real Madrid in their 2016-2017 campaign being a key player in a European double winning side.

If Sancho got to even half of that, we'd be lucky.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If the 1st half, a good situation he had where he could have cut inside and shoot but nah , that's too innovative for him.
He's harmless, a non scoring threat

Galactico

I’m so pi$$ed at the way the game ended today but I’m more pi$$ed at Sancho’s performance and downright laziness as the game went on. He clearly doesn’t have the skills and is not suited to premier league or even a medium-high standard of opponent. He never takes his chance to step up and I don’t see anything he does that is special. I think another season will be the same outcome. Get rid IF we can. Saudis, please!

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Isco at least was sensational for Real Madrid in their 2016-2017 campaign being a key player in a European double winning side.

If Sancho got to even half of that, we'd be lucky.
He'll never get to Isco's level ever.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Has no future on the wing.
Doesn't have the pace,acceleration,strength to play there.
If he's ever gonna succeed it'll be in a more central position.

Seij

350k... here are salaries of other notable players in the league.

De Bruyne 400k
Haaland 375k
De Gea 375k
Salah 350k
Casemiro 300k
Bruno Fernandes 240k
Van Dijk 220k
Rashford 200k
Kane 200k
Son 192k
Firmino 180k

He is the joint 4th highest paid player in the richest league in the world.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can’t see him turning it around here. His head isn’t in the game at all, he hasn’t got the aggression or intensity required.

Unfortunately can’t see the club selling him anytime soon. Maybe will be out on loan next season

Dominos

Said it before but what annoys me most isn't even his lack of cutting edge in attack, it's that his ball retention isn't even good to make up for the lack of end product.

It's got to the stage whenever he has the ball I'm expecting him to lose it, though to be fair he's not the only one. He could still make himself semi-useful if he was a tidy player in possession, but he's both unproductive and incredibly messy.

Hope he turns it round but 2 seasons is a long time to be this shit and suddenly come good.

Malone_Post

The 4-2 away vs Leeds last season.
So one MOTM performance in nearly 2 seasons now. It’s just not good enough. Garnacho is already a better player and Rashford is our first choice LW, so Sancho really should be moved on in the summer. Problem is, no one will take him on those ridiculous wages. Another Ed Woodward & Matt Judge masterstroke that.

Ole'sgunnarwin

He's awful. But even worse his attitude and demeanour when the other team is attacking is disgraceful. Just put a young player in instead.

Mailo

I think this "confidence" talk masks a certain reality. He's fecking lazy. I know Malacia was dreadful but how many times did Sancho just give up after being dispossessed and watch his teammates having to deal with things while he stood still. Unacceptable.
This.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It's definitely both.

Attacking wise he has all the skills, he's just so low on confidence that takes ages to make a decision, and it's very often a bad one.

Defensively he's just AMAZINGLY poor, looks like it's mostly driven by being lazy.

He just has very weak mentality. I have no idea where he goes from here.

It is an option that he is just happy to get his paycheck ale let the football stuff to others.

Sancho is fortunate that Rashford & Garnacho are injured. He gave up in the 2nd half.

You can accept games where forwards are wasteful if they are looking to be decisive/proactive in the final third, but Sancho is so passive in all aspects of his game.
Tbh it seems like he would be more happy to see the game from the bench rather than being forced to run so much.

Suv666

Yup. He is shockingly lazy. Absolutely zero desire or drive. So casual on the pitch. One of our worst ever signings.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I know this will sound stupid but even his reactions when he messes um a pass/control scream lack of confidence. He doesn't get properly pissed off like he knows the whole stadium is already disappointed in him.
If he is that mentally fragile, there is no hope for him to ever make it at Utd.
Compare him with Antony who is a pest, lively and alive. He fights with opponents (not a great thing I know but it shows something), he doesn't leave you with a bland feeling as a fan.
Sancho isn't cut out for Utd sadly, he's a kitten when we need a killer. We need to offload him and accept that the loss on his transfer will be massive. We really need to aspire for better and more active players

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Such a shame after all the hype but it's looking less and less likely he'll turn it around. He's infuriatingly ineffective and rinsing a living from the club.

ZainCRse7en

Poor game without a doubt. But not giving up on him yet. The chap is way too talented and was a world beater at one stage. You dont just lose all your skills and talent overnight, you just dont. Seems like a confidence issue more than anything. Without a doubt, he has the tools and skills required to skin a fullback alive however having watching him closely, he looks really timid whenever in 1v1 situations. Reckon getting a goal or two will do his confidence a world of good. Keep the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.