g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Rick

I'm curious why people think that we *need* Sancho so badly, considering the overall state of our squad?

For sure, we do need a (very) good attacking backup that can support and rotate with Rashford/Martial/Greenwood, but to pay £110m just to be able to bench one of Rashford/Martial/Greenwood...?

It is not like attackers are hard to come by these days; there are literally tens of useful additions that in real terms would provide almost the same overall impact that Sancho would but at a fraction of the price.

Manchester City had it right when they spent £20m on Ferran Torres. We could sign the likes of Bailey/Chiesa/Oyarzabal AND THEN still have money left for a centre back/centre midfielder, finishing up with far greater net benefit to our squad than spunking our entire wad on Sancho.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
788 pages - its going to take a few Twitter Twats to post some lies to get this thread to 1000 pages

..............and we still wont get Sancho.

Zoo

A poll would be interesting to see how many believe this will still happen.

davidmichael

Whether Chelsea are spending money they didn’t last year or not they’re working on THREE deals at the same time in Havertz, Chilwell and Silva and already signed Werner AND are now said to be working on a deal to sign Maignan from Lille so that could be FIVE deals in FIVE weeks whilst we can’t work on more than one at a time.

I don’t believe the narrative of ‘there’s a pandemic so we can’t afford the fee’ seeing as we’ve got Sanchez’s £516K a week off the wage bill and have the money but want to do an €80 + €20 + €20 over 4 or 5 years deal, if Sancho was the whole transfer budget used up in one go then so be it as he takes us up a level instantly due to be one of the best right sided players in the game and it also being our biggest problem position filled for maybe the next decade.

Rather than drag it out until the end of the window in the hope that Dortmund will cave and end up either paying what they want or maybe saving £5-£10 million let’s pay the fee then focus on shifting the deadwood like Romero (seeing was Henderson is coming back), Dalot, Jones, Rojo, Pereira and Mata and a few of the fringe players in the reserves to balance it out a bit and we’d actually have time to attempt to move these players on for a fair price rather than the usual give them away because we left it so late in the day.

SATA

I’m still keeping my faith! I also fancy Ed will see this deal done after watching Chelsea sealing Havertz. He wouldn’t want to miss out on the headlines

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
788 pages - its going to take a few Twitter Twats to post some lies to get this thread to 1000 pages

..............and we still wont get Sancho.
On a purely muppetry level, we’ve now built up the necessary volume of pages to get this transfer over 1000 pages and probably beat the Pogba transfer thread record.

If renewed rumours of a proper bid get reported, last stage negotiations, flight tracker and official unveiling will easily generate the required pages for us to match the achievement of the club in its record ever signing.

convinced Woodward was waiting for us to catch up and do his efforts justice.

JadON.

Last edited:

El Zoido

While you are correct about our owners, I'm not sure you are correct about Roman Abramovich. Since his Visa was revoked and he was forced to take Israeli citizenship to access the UK, he's been (I hear) less present at Stamford Bridge and less willing to sink money into Chelsea as a vanity project. As a Putin boy, he has bigger fish to try.

Also he probably got a bit bored after winning Champions' League.

It seems like the Germans are the only ones who know how to run a football league without miring it in corruption and dodgy foreign ownership.
He’s probably got richer out of the pandemic like so many other billionaires. I’m aware he’s stepped away somewhat but he still owns the club and I’m sure has ways of making funds available. Point is that Chelsea and the other bankrolled clubs have a safety net that others (including ourselves) do not. Even if Chelsea’s signings are coming from club generated revenue, it’s less risk to them.

SirScholes

I'm curious why people think that we *need* Sancho so badly, considering the overall state of our squad?

For sure, we do need a (very) good attacking backup that can support and rotate with Rashford/Martial/Greenwood, but to pay £110m just to be able to bench one of Rashford/Martial/Greenwood...?

It is not like attackers are hard to come by these days; there are literally tens of useful additions that in real terms would provide almost the same overall impact that Sancho would but at a fraction of the price.

Manchester City had it right when they spent £20m on Ferran Torres. We could sign the likes of Bailey/Chiesa/Oyarzabal AND THEN still have money left for a centre back/centre midfielder, finishing up with far greater net benefit to our squad than spunking our entire wad on Sancho.
All 3 are strikers
Greenwood should not HAVE to start every game at his age and experience
Sancho + 1 more for now

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
BTW: what is with this logic that the club can only deal with one signing at a time? What can’t the financial, legal and HR department deal with more than one at a time? Makes little sense.

mu4c_20le

Whether Chelsea are spending money they didn’t last year or not they’re working on THREE deals at the same time in Havertz, Chilwell and Silva and already signed Werner AND are now said to be working on a deal to sign Maignan from Lille so that could be FIVE deals in FIVE weeks whilst we can’t work on more than one at a time.
I think it's pretty obvious that we know what we want, which is a single big signing, rather than Chelsea's scattergun approach. Unless we know the deal is dead for sure, why settle for less?

croadyman

I hope they were looking at other options from about 5 months ago!
You would hope so but looking at our record I wouldn't count on that, let's just get Dembele or Coman on a loan deal, hell even a cheap deal for Costa is starting to become a realistic proposition and yes I know his age and injury would be an issue but getting that desperate right now.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
BTW: what is with this logic that the club can only deal with one signing at a time? What can’t the financial, legal and HR department deal with more than one at a time? Makes little sense.
It’s just part of that tired narrative from desperate reactionary fans that we are incompetent in the transfer market. Pretty much they complain endlessly about how feeble Ed and co are and then when we complete a big deal, they temporarily become the bees knees. It’s always the same tired cycle. And include such as gems as “wasting time haggling over a few million”, like a few million isn’t a feck ton load of money. Especially during a huge economic depression.

Id say the biggest stumbling block to a Sancho deal is how the payments are structured. We likely want to pay in instalments and Dortmund want all or most of the money up front, which would be extremely challenging or impossible. The fact is that the armchair fans have little or no idea how these negotiations work or the financial obligations of the club, and will simply froth at the mouth until a deal is done; using that time fo parrot uninformed nonsense about our competency and how transfers should be done.

There is very little information of any worth in this thread.

SATA

I think it’s a cliche invented by the media and everyone is conveniently and stupidly jumping on it. I refuse to believe that our club is such an incompetent one

Black Rick

All 3 are strikers
Greenwood should not HAVE to start every game at his age and experience
Sancho + 1 more for now
Only Martial is really a pure striker. Greenwood has the quick-feet and intelligence to be equally as effective on the wing, and Rashford is actually better suited to the wing than through the middle.

With Sancho costing £110m there is no "+ 1 more". A far more economical player should be bought to address our overreliance on Greenwood.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So, I have been told multi millions deal will take long time to materialized, you know, all the complicate paper works and such, so here I am still waiting for Sancho deal to proceed abit further.

But how the feck did Chelsea managed to finalised so many multi millions deal in such a short period of time then?

MDFC Manager

I think it’s a cliche invented by the media and everyone is conveniently and stupidly jumping on it. I refuse to believe that our club is such an incompetent one
It's not an outlandish assumption I think. How much we spend on Sancho (or if at all), will directly impact how much we can pay for other targets and in fact who we can target at all.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

You definitely haven't seen much of Sancho and have idea just how good he is.

amolbhatia50k

So, I have been told multi millions deal will take long time to materialized, you know, all the complicate paper works and such, so here I am still waiting for Sancho deal to proceed abit further.

But how the feck did Chelsea managed to finalised so many multi millions deal in such a short period of time then?
It's about how good you are at them.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
My god, so many falling at the first hurdle already. Keep the faith people. You want some hope. Look at all the new sponsor deals he's getting. That's them taking advantage of the fact he's going to be joining us and getting the number 7 shirt. The most famous and marketable shirt in football. Nandos and Nike honestly couldn't give a flying feck about the Dortmund number 7. Its already been done. Everyone's just holding out so no tries to fleece both clubs. Keep the faith my fellow muppets.

It's Jadon!

Bobade

The narrative here is ridiculous. People now want us to abandon Sancho and go for basically anyone just to get some transfers over the line, when all year people have been spouting how we should be signing top talents and only those who want to come here.

Ole has clearly identified a massive talent who is his number one choice, rumours are the player wants to come, and people are chucking their dummies out of the pram just because it is taking a few weeks to negotiate. How long do people expect it to take to negotiate a £100m deal? It isn't buying a used car.

Reactions: Sultan

onemanarmy

Werner had a buyout clause.
Ziyech stayed for 1 more year with Ajax with the promise he could leave for a fair price.
Havertz saga has been going on for at least as long as the Sancho one. He hasn't signed yet.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Why do you think it is?

amolbhatia50k

He probably also hasn't seen our games where any one of Martial, Rashford or Greenwood were missing.
It's funny. Do people see the squads Bayern, PSG and co and still come to the conclusion that our front three are enough? You need more than 3 quality attackers one of whom is an 18 year old striker whose playing on the right and has had just one season in the first team. We don't really have a true right winger and haven't for nearly a decade. That's pure madness.

Coman often doesn't start for Bayern and was the best attacker on the pitch in the CL final and miles better than Gnabry and Lewandowski. PSG have the likes of Icardi and Draxler on the bench.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It’s just part of that tired narrative from desperate reactionary fans that we are incompetent in the transfer market. Pretty much they complain endlessly about how feeble Ed and co are and then when we complete a big deal, they temporarily become the bees knees. It’s always the same tired cycle. And include such as gems as “wasting time haggling over a few million”, like a few million isn’t a feck ton load of money. Especially during a huge economic depression.

Id say the biggest stumbling block to a Sancho deal is how the payments are structured. We likely want to pay in instalments and Dortmund want all or most of the money up front, which would be extremely challenging or impossible. The fact is that the armchair fans have little or no idea how these negotiations work or the financial obligations of the club, and will simply froth at the mouth until a deal is done; using that time fo parrot uninformed nonsense about our competency and how transfers should be done.

There is very little information of any worth in this thread.
Hmm. I get that transfer muppetry is a tradition amongst fans nowadays, but do people not realise they look very uneducated when they peddle theories like ‘one deal at a time’.

One the one hand, they moan that we are run by bankers and commercial administrators, but then claim we don’t understand banking and administration just because their desired transfers don’t materialise in their expected timeframe. I think it’s very odd.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

It wasn't short; all of their deals took a while. They were in negotiations for both Chilwell and Havertz for a long while. Werner had a release clause that was triggered. They've also been in negotiation for Thiago Silva for a few weeks.

cyberman

It's funny. Do people see the squads Bayern, PSG and co and still come to the conclusion that our front three are enough? You need more than 3 quality attackers one of whom is an 18 year old striker whose playing on the right and has had just one season in the first team. We don't really have a true right winger and haven't for nearly a decade. That's pure madness.

Coman often doesn't start for Bayern and was the best attacker on the pitch in the CL final and miles better than Gnabry and Lewandowski. PSG have the likes of Icardi and Draxler on the bench.
But when we are linked with Coman etc there are still meltdowns. If our squad depth doesnt include Sancho or whoever else costs 100m then its shit about how its Sancho down to player x, look how shit we are

SATA

My god, so many falling at the first hurdle already. Keep the faith people. You want some hope. Look at all the new sponsor deals he's getting. That's them taking advantage of the fact he's going to be joining us and getting the number 7 shirt. The most famous and marketable shirt in football. Nandos and Nike honestly couldn't give a flying feck about the Dortmund number 7. Its already been done. Everyone's just holding out so no tries to fleece both clubs. Keep the faith my fellow muppets.

It's Jadon!
Your tagline suits you well mate. But reading that of your post makes me jump back in again. It does make some muppet sense to be honest

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
But when we are linked with Coman etc there are still meltdowns. If our squad depth doesnt include Sancho or whoever else costs 100m then its shit about how its Sancho down to player x, look how shit we are
remember redcafe reactions to when we were linked with Boeteng, Perisec and Willian?!
Same has happened with all the Sancho alternatives, including Coman.
I also wonder what would have been said has we signed a teenager from the Canadian league (Davies) or USA league (Pulisec).

El-Manos

The narrative here is ridiculous. People now want us to abandon Sancho and go for basically anyone just to get some transfers over the line, when all year people have been spouting how we should be signing top talents and only those who want to come here.

Ole has clearly identified a massive talent who is his number one choice, rumours are the player wants to come, and people are chucking their dummies out of the pram just because it is taking a few weeks to negotiate. How long do people expect it to take to negotiate a £100m deal? It isn't buying a used car.
Havertz was roughly the same value and they got it done. Also, we’ve been talking to Sancho’s rep since last year apparently. I agree however we shouldn’t be chasing 2nd targets just to please the muppets in terms of signings .

cyberman

Havertz was roughly the same value and they got it done. Also, we’ve been talking to Sancho’s rep since last year apparently. I agree however we shouldn’t be chasing 2nd targets just to please the muppets in terms of signings .
Its not roughly the same value. If it were, Sancho would be a Utd player right now

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Hmm. I get that transfer muppetry is a tradition amongst fans nowadays, but do people not realise they look very uneducated when they peddle theories like ‘one deal at a time’.

One the one hand, they moan that we are run by bankers and commercial administrators, but then claim we don’t understand banking and administration just because their desired transfers don’t materialise in their expected timeframe. I think it’s very odd.
Exactly right. There’s a lot of ill informed and uneducated nonsense by people who haven’t been involved in business management at any appreciable level. And it drives a sort of group mentality where the same tired tropes are peddled over and over again. I have found it is better to disengage because the assumptions on which most theories are based around here show such a lack of financial and administrative understanding, that you’d have to completely re-educate the purveyors of such nonsense. Far more trouble than it is worth. May as Well just sit back and see what the club are able to do.

I have complete faith that the club has their targets in mind, are currently working on deals and will close those that are financially prudent. If they aren’t, they won’t, and because I want a sustainable future for the club, I support their judgement. Ultimately we have a lack of data, as fans, of the current obligations, the demands of sellers, and the financial forecasts over the next 12 to 24 months. Without that data, any analysis of the situation and our capabilities is pretty pointless.

el3mel

I won't blame the club for not getting Sancho, but I'll absolutely blame them if we spend the next 3 weeks doing nothing bar chasing him then entering the season with no signings.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I saw some of his agents/staff from his agency yesterday. Was at a family bereavement so of course, I didn’t dare to talk shop. Not that I would have anyway tbh, we’re not pals like that.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He’s probably got richer out of the pandemic like so many other billionaires. I’m aware he’s stepped away somewhat but he still owns the club and I’m sure has ways of making funds available.
IIRC he wanted Chelsea to perform as a business. So he's shooting for fourth place as well. He must be delighted with Lampard.

el3mel

Why are you acting like Sancho is the key for anything ? He's a great player alright but imo, there're positions in the team that need more signings than the attack anyway. Not getting Sancho and we'll still have Greenwood there. Meanwhile we have only Matic as a legit DMF for example.

Sancho will be a great addition but it's not worth wasting the entire market time just chasing him and entering the season with him as our only signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.