Jermaine Jenas in line to replace Gary Lineker - Ian Wright leaving MOTD

Born2Lose

He unfortunately brings the same low level of professionalism to his commentating as he did to his footballing career.

I can listen to Sherer, Rio, Scholes, Hargreaves etc critcising other players but it's hard not to laugh when this guy who wasted his career starts doing it.

Theo Cherry

Was about to post the same thing. The cynic in me thinks he’s only in the job because he’s mixed race and relatively well spoken. It certainly can’t be for his insight and knowledge.
Imagine if you said this about white people?

Jack-C20

Impossible to enjoy a game with him involved. Looks for the negative in everything we do.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Jenas by name, knobhead by nature.

Downplays the deflection for their goal too. It was small but if there wasn't a deflection it goes straight at Henderson.

Nero

United must have caused this guy so much agony in his lifetime. This pleases me.

slored1

The second worst pundit after McManamamamaman. Cannot stand him.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
The second worst pundit after McManamamamaman. Cannot stand him.
I actually think he's worse. Mcmanaman's shtick is being overly exuberant and he genuinely seems to enjoy his job. Jenas is just a void. No charisma, no insight, nothing.

Jack-C20

Ffs he’s just popped up on a Curry’s advert as well. Can’t even enjoy half time without him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Tackle turns VDB's ankle sideways.

"Nah, not enough contact for me."

His hate for United is fierce.
Its properly shocking.

What makes it worse is, hand on heart, I've never heard Jenas say anything insightful. Potentially worse than Mark Lawrensen, Jim Beglin and Steve McMananman. Possibly because all three played the game to a higher level than Jenas ever has. As much as I dislike listening the old Liverpool lads, they can at least draw on the experience of winning titles and European Cups.

Haddock

Isn't he slated to replace Gary Linekar as the main face of football on BBC? Maybe that's a good thing as he won't be able to express his garbage opinions anymore.
Aye because Lineker is known for his studied silence :lol:
If it happens we'll be stuck with Jenas for decades.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
To be fair to him, and I don't like him, I think he's much better in the studio than commentating.

Flexdegea

'he makes stuff happen', is surely the most pointless insight ever when commenting on a game

90 + 5min

Yeah, exactly the same mate. The perfect example of it is when he acted the prick to Phil Neville:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/vi...e-half-time-spat-over-egypt-vs-uruguay-clash/

And I echo your sentiments re Kilbane and Osman. Most of the pundits are decent and insightful to some degree, even Robbie Savage is, but Jenas and Keown are the only two who I honestly would mute the TV for.
Comedy. Yeah, you won one League Cup and suddenly you are the one who people should listen to.

90 + 5min

Someone needs to do something about Jermaine Jenas.

He must be stopped.
While I don’t understand what he is doing there looking at how many former players they can invite it gives average Joe a chance to get to that position one day. At least hope to get there. For those who want that.

Trequarista10

I knew we were going to be awarded a pen just by hearing Jenas moan about VAR. Basically, at 1-1, was doing some washing up and not listening. Suddenly hear Jenas moaning about VAR. Didn't mention any player names, teams, or that it was a review for a penalty. However, just his miserable, deflated, it's not fair tone of voice informed me that United were about to win a penalty.

Weirdly, when not discussing United I think hes alright. He's not a good pundit by any means, but tolerable/not noticeably shit.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Listening to Jenas, after listening to Emma Hayes on ITV, just highlights how he's just not up to it. Maybe it's harsh to pick him out given most colour commentary is garbage. But his droning on about Shaw was idiotic and at no point did he try to justify it with any tactical insight.

Hephaestus

Listening to Jenas, after listening to Emma Hayes on ITV, just highlights how he's just not up to it. Maybe it's harsh to pick him out given most colour commentary is garbage. But his droning on about Shaw was idiotic and at no point did he try to justify it with any tactical insight.
I'm 100% convinced he was just copying analysis he'd seen elsewhere (in this case from Mourinho) which is why he couldn't justify it.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
She was brilliant. Actual tactical insight & not repeating the same stuff over & again.

Jenas is useless like the rest of them. No personality, no insight. Might as well get a random fan on to provide the “expert analysis”, you’d get a similar output.

Conor

He is shocking, so annoying how he kept calling out the main commentator for stating normal commentary facts, like some sort of idiot down the pub.