Jermaine Jenas in line to replace Gary Lineker - Ian Wright leaving MOTD

He’s fecking unbearable. He’ll be on the One Show tomorrow, 5Live the next day, BT Sport midweek and MOTD at the weekend. Must have a great agent.
he even got himself on Question Time once. No surprise he was dire, remember him using Rooney as an example for something completely irrelevant.

Dr. StrangeHate

He doesn’t like us at all does he? Never seems to say anything positive when he’s commentating on our games
We haven't been great but I had to mute him, it was like the CAF match thread in audio, he talks so much sh**.

lsd

The Oracle
To be fair when has Lineker ever come up with any great insight? Their role is to basically sit while others do the real analysis

redrobed

To be fair when has Lineker ever come up with any great insight? Their role is to basically sit while others do the real analysis
I agree but feel he does that very well. They had that Irish DJ presenting for a year or two who had nothing to do with football yet just wanted to give his opinion about everything and make it all about himself - I don’t see why Gary needs replacing (assuming he hasn’t chosen to step down) - personally I like when they have a really stable lineup for a number of years.

GlasgowCeltic

To be fair Lineker should really be the one answering the questions than asking them, clearly more interesting and insightful to listen to than any of his pundits, tries his best to coax anything resembling a relevant point out of the idiots they sit next to him

Jenas just strikes me as pointlessly emotional about everything, gets quite defensive about his mediocre career, another like Owen who isn't fondly remembered anywhere, Owen was a top player at least

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
he even got himself on Question Time once. No surprise he was dire, remember him using Rooney as an example for something completely irrelevant.
probably asked him about left wing politics and he started babbling on about how it was a travesty that SAF played Rooney on the left wing and not the centre.

Deery

Dreary
Haha, that picture of him and Fletcher in the corner, looked like they just got married.

redrobed

I’d also add that I find Jenas completely inoffensive. I’d be OK with him eventually taking the spot and would hope that he, also, remains there a long time. It’s comforting with everything else changing around us all the time to be able to sit down on a saturday night and see the same old faces every week for years.

I do think it’s a bit indicative of standards that he’s considered presumably by default because he’s a formr pro that’s fairly well spoken and presentable.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Mark Chapman should get the gig, does an excellent job on MOTD 2.

Woodzy

Is he the one commentating on our game right now? I can’t fecking stand him if so. He could suck the joy out of a fecking rainbow.

eamosri

Didnt realise how bad a pundit he is especially during games I didn’t mind him on match of the day but he’s so negative on every thing we’ve done he’s highlighted every little mistake we make.

Oddboy

Forget turning off fake crowd notice, how do we mute this pillock? I detest having to sit through games listening to his crap for 90 minutes.

Josep Dowling

Is he the one commentating on our game right now? I can’t fecking stand him if so. He could suck the joy out of a fecking rainbow.
Yes. Been the co-commentator for our games so often in the last few weeks. Why can’t they find someone else?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He irritates at a profound level.
He has bought into his own hype and you can feel the arrogance come from his every utterance. Linekar for all his faults does not give that same vibe when presenting.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I enjoyed his commentary today. It’s the genuine frustration he conveyed when Newcastle were struggling and the over-criticism of United when we were struggling that he needs to tone down.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It was like listening to FIFA commentary from the 90s. He was rambling on about how incredible Newcastle were playing right up until Rashford scored. Then he criticized everything Newcastle did. Then they scored, and it was thoroughly deserved.

Red Royal

Would love to hear him commentate on some of his many old p155 poor performances from the past. Really annoys me when he says "you got to do better than that" forgetting that he was a fraud himself.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The only thing he got right was pointing out Greenwood getting into where you want your striker to be. Everything else was just rambling.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He's really boring. The bias I find funny but he just puts me to sleep.