5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

I found it quite surprising that without much visible ability , his end product is quite good overall.
Little flash does not mean little ability. His game is not over complicated, does not need flashy tricks. Technically he is excellent, very efficient use of the ball, first touch is very good and he can cover distance with the ball at feet. His games suits playing off a striker rather than wide, more of a threat, does not have the delivery from wide to make a top class winger, but his movement and directness in a game gets him into goal scoring positions.

No-one scores the quality of goals he has with little ability. I prefer him in that 10 role(when Utd use that) to Sanchez, who will be drawn deeper and deeper trying to get on the ball in that position.

Ekeke

whp are "they" that you're talking about?
and hazard plays exactly on the same position as he had under mourinho. critizing this is bit stupid as hazard won the PoTY under Jose.
As said in the post you quoted, the media and Mourinho. Mourinho picked him in the role, spoke about him glowingly and the media wrote articles talking about what a wonderful player he is because he was an attacking player who had a desire to get stuck in.

Hazard wanted to play as a number 10, he specifically said that. He would have won things at any of the clubs he had the choice of moving to.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
#WakandaForever celebration was by far the best celebration I've seen from Pogba and Jesse.
His Milly rock at the Emirates was way better; the meltdown by Arsenal fans made it so much sweeter. They despised him for scoring against them, but it was so smooth that they were impressed underneath the anger.

borrays

As said in the post you quoted, the media and Mourinho. Mourinho picked him in the role, spoke about him glowingly and the media wrote articles talking about what a wonderful player he is because he was an attacking player who had a desire to get stuck in.

Hazard wanted to play as a number 10, he specifically said that. He would have won things at any of the clubs he had the choice of moving to.
Yeah funny Mata moved to United and he still had to track back oppositions under LvG, goes to show you how modern football works. Same thing with De Bruyne and Silva who also put defensive shift at City atm.
Oh does hazard play as traditional no 10 under conte now? and What is his stats again this season? Bother to tell me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ekeke

Yeah funny Mata moved to United and he still had to track back oppositions under LvG, goes to show you how modern football works. Same thing with De Bruyne and Silva who also put defensive shift at City atm.
Oh does hazard play as traditional no 10 under conte now? and What is his stats again this season? Bother to tell me?
Whats your point? That Mourinho was full of shit for over praising Oscar when players like Mata, De Bruyne and Silva defend too?

I'll tell you, again, the one thing that matters in the story. Hazard wanted and perhaps even still wants to play as a number 10. Chelsea/Mourinho chose Oscar over Hazard in his favoured role and Mata in the role where he was Chelsea's player of the season.

Hazard may be a top player on the wing. Mata may still be at a top club.

Oscar is playing in China and was banned for 8 games in 2017. Can you please tell me Oscar's stats?

prath92

Whats your point? That Mourinho was full of shit for over praising Oscar when players like Mata, De Bruyne and Silva defend too?

I'll tell you, again, the one thing that matters in the story. Hazard wanted and perhaps even still wants to play as a number 10. Chelsea/Mourinho chose Oscar over Hazard in his favoured role and Mata in the role where he was Chelsea's player of the season.

Oscar is playing in China and was banned for 8 games in 2017. Can you please tell me Oscar's stats?
Not really sure why that’s a bad thing. Chelsea won the league with oscar as a 10. Hazard had arguably his best season then too so it was definitely for the betterment of the team as well. Not really sure why that’s a slight

haram

All of this becomes a little redundant when you realise Hazard won POTY and Chelsea won the league.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

I don't think Hazard wanted to play as #10, story was he wanted #10 shirt.

Also just 2 weeks back he said his position is left wing.

To be honest, I like the role as a false nine. But in games like that against quality opposition like Barcelona, it's difficult. You don't get a lot of balls. I might have touched 25 balls that night and 15 of them were flying towards my head.

"That is not really playing to my qualities. I won some aerial duels against Gerard Pique, and that's not bad.

"But if I had to choose, I prefer to play like I did in the last 10 minutes, which was out wide. But it's the manager who has the final word. On the wing I feel more comfortable. That's my place."

Ekeke

Not really sure why that’s a bad thing. Chelsea won the league with oscar as a 10. Hazard had arguably his best season then too so it was definitely for the betterment of the team as well. Not really sure why that’s a slight
won the champions league with mata as the number 10 and a much worse team

Crystal Palace 2:3 Man Utd

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
He had some bright attacking moves coming from the middle, also again got at the end of Lukaku cross but didnt connect with the ball enough to get a proper shot on a goal, this run was made from the rightwingback. So no matter what he just makes his run really really well. Would use him more under the striker, force Pogba to work harder to retain posession and play midfield two and get Sanchez to play a bit deeper from the right to dictate the play and help the midfield. I'd just give Lingard more freedom of all the players we have because he just make the right runs, and is ruthless as a second striker..

Minimalist

Thought he was poor in the first half but that whole right side was terrible so hard to tell how much was down to him.

el3mel

Think he was very poor today even in second half. Old Jesse Lingard but he deserves a pass because we won and he was good recently.

Last edited:

squidoo

Jessie unfortunately cannot play with the freedom he needs because basically he is having to wipe Pogbas arse.

Not his best game by any stretch of the imagination but at least offered some width down the right and tracked back decently. Also deputised well as a makeshift right back when we took Valencia off and were pushing for the winner.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Think he's brilliant. His movement is world class. Probably the only thing he's world class at.

spiriticon

He's always average on the right but fairplay to him, he was asked to play wingback and did it alright.

Excellent mentality.

Bwuk

Reminds me of Nani, not in terms of technique, but in that he’s either brilliant or poor. Never anything in between.

Lings older than memph

What
Think he was very poor today even in second half. Old Jesse Lingard but he deserves a pass because we won and he was good recently.
What is Old Jesse Lingard? 11/12, 12/13, 13/14, 14/15, 15/16 or 16/17 Lingard?
I thought he was energetic, smart, and he did not give the ball away to Palace easily, unlike Alexis.

Handré1990

I’m only a layman at the best of times, but I was thinking the way he moved when on the right was brilliant! The next thought was, how fecking hard could it be, Tony V?

el3mel

What

What is Old Jesse Lingard? 11/12, 12/13, 13/14, 14/15, 15/16 or 16/17 Lingard?
I thought he was energetic, smart, and he did not give the ball away to Palace easily, unlike Alexis.
I can't really think of anything he did well tonight, away from the running in spaces that he always does well. His passing was very sloppy and didn't create much today let's be honest.

Comparing to some of his much better performances this season, this isn't a very good game.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I can't really think of anything he did well tonight, away from the running in spaces that he always does well. His passing was very sloppy and didn't create much today let's be honest.

Comparing to some of his much better performances this season, this isn't a very good game.
I don't agree with that. He lost the ball maybe 2-3 times the entire game.

I agree that he didn't create much and had a poor game by his standards but even his poor games are different now. He looks like a quality player that's having a bad day, instead of a bad player having a normal day. He doesn't look nervous, rarely makes mistakes, plays with intelligence and confidence even when things aren't working out.

el3mel

I don't agree with that. He lost the ball maybe 2-3 times the entire game.

I agree that he didn't create much and had a poor game by his standards but even his poor games are different now. He looks like a quality player that's having a bad day, instead of a bad player having a normal day. He doesn't look nervous, rarely makes mistakes, plays with confidence even when things aren't working out.
It was mostly in first half when he was losing the ball as much as Sanchez and Pogba.

He's always going to move and run very well in spaces and link with others. I always look beyond that in his case, and think in other things he didn't well tonight. Agree that it's probably just a bad day in the office and I actually gave him a pass today.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Reminds me of Nani, not in terms of technique, but in that he’s either brilliant or poor. Never anything in between.
I can see that. Albeit, with Nani, he was on the cusp of greatness at times. With Lingard, I'm still waiting to iron some kinks out if his game which will make him into a very good player.

Walters_19_MuFc

Quieter game from Jesse tonight. Didn't seem to get his usual game going. Guess it was hard in the first half because of the awful display by the team in the half.

Felt he was a threat when he went to right back. Linked up well with Mata and got in behind a few times.

caid

First half was just so terrible by pretty much everyone that its hard to say any of them had a great game.
2nd half he was one of the better players despite being shunted around the pitch. Just did his job wherever he was put.
He looked a decent shout for a goal a lot of the match too.

AR87

He made a great run diagonally into the channel down the right flank from a central position in the 2nd half which Valencia didn't play. He also made several really good runs into the box when Rashford was getting into wide positions to cross.

Not a good or even great game from him, but he always makes intelligent runs and he keeps doing it whether or not he gets the service. Tireless.

Zoo

Split up with his girlfriend. Hope it doesn’t affect his form.

Status
Not open for further replies.