5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Bring him as a sub. He is the next hernandez. Not good enough to start games but very good impact subs

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
not sure he was that bad, actually one of our better players having some great touches and worked his socks off but yeah we got knocked out so it will be all negative and trying to find a culprit

Bojan11

Him and Rashford both have the same issues. They just don’t have control of the ball especially at full speed.

Acole9

Outstanding
I felt sorry for him, don't think he deserved to be subbed, he had to drop back to try and make something happen.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It was him that had Sanchez in space inside the box behind him but didn't know he was there wasn't it? Criminal from a number 10 to lack that awareness. Everyone seemed to lack it tonight though.

Web of Bissaka

Terrible.

Give him bench role, and let him fight for his place.
Okay, I'm being harsh here.

Would criticise Mourinho more here than him.

I'm sure my eyes are not deceiving me, Lingard is playing way out of position right? again.
From the start it seems he's playing left #8 while Fella on the right #8. At first I thought it's just because of kick off, but no, many moments since then, he still plays around the centre midfield area, often at times inter changing position with Fella, dropping too deep, and "trying" to hold his position there for far too much. So not natural.

I'm sure it would be far better if it's a real 4-2-3-1, not this 4-3-3, and if Lingard actually playing as #10 CAM.

Good effort, some nice linking ups, and made enough no. of overlapping runs from deep which failed. Still not good enough though.

Ace of Spades

He best performances have come as an attacking outlet, so of course genius Jose makes him play deeper as a box to box CM.

No idea why he is playing there.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Play him in his favorite position and we see the confidence, goals etc

Play him out of position and he’s not as effective

It’s not rocket science

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Play him in his favorite position and we see the confidence, goals etc

Play him out of position and he’s not as effective

It’s not rocket science
Yes, it pains me to see him playing as a deep midfielder because Fellaini is up the pitch chesting down long balls :(

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He was in his favourite position last night. The position he's scored all his goals from anyway.
I'm not sure about that, several times in that game he was the deepest midfielder, he was at times a partner to Matic as well.

The same thing happened when he was replaced by Mata. Mata was in our box defending a counter attack because Pogba was ambling further up the pitch, similar to how Fellaini was doing.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Average positions from last night. He was clearly playing about as advanced as he could have hoped to play.
Average positions don't say much, it could easily be that he was too deep for large parts and far forward in other parts. So he has a normal average position.

Fellaini's average position was meaningless, because he was all over the place. We tried a long ball to the left back, right back, and centre back.

Lingard a few times in that match, picked up the ball from the back 4. Which is problematic for him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Average positions don't say much, it could easily be that he was too deep for large parts and far forward in other parts. So he has a normal average position.

Fellaini's average position was meaningless, because he was all over the place. We tried a long ball to the left back, right back, and centre back.

Lingard a few times in that match, picked up the ball from the back 4. Which is problematic for him.
Hardly. It's not unusual for number 10s occasionally to pick the ball up from deep. You can poo poo the average positions all you want but it couldn't be more obvious that Matic was playing as a deep-lying midfielder and Lingard was not. What might skew the stats was Fellaini frequently pushing high up the pitch to get on the end of these godawful long balls out of defence we constantly resort to, when he was generally sitting deeper in between those instances.

JoaquinJoaquin

He has earned a bit of good will from me after his performances the last few months but he should absolutely have not been starting last night. Done himself no favours with the performance either.

golden_blunder

Staff
He was in his favourite position last night. The position he's scored all his goals from anyway.
Perhaps so but it didn’t help when we were bypassing most of the midfield anyway. We’d have been more effective getting the ball into feet and trying to find space rather than this Wimbledon style. Hell thats probably a disservice to Wimbledon!
Anyway point is why pick lingard when you’re going to play football in the clouds? No wonder he was ineffective

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Perhaps so but it didn’t help when we were bypassing most of the midfield anyway. We’d have been more effective getting the ball into feet and trying to find space rather than this Wimbledon style. Hell thats probably a disservice to Wimbledon!
Anyway point is why pick lingard when you’re going to play football in the clouds? No wonder he was ineffective
We were crap. Our tactics were crap. Lingard, individually, was crap. And this last fact can't be blamed entirely on the first two.

golden_blunder

Staff
We were crap. Our tactics were crap. Lingard, individually, was crap. And this last fact can't be blamed entirely on the first two.
I disagree that he was crap. In the opening minutes when we got the ball on the ground he was finding good space. Then we went to launch it upfield mode. Anyway I’m not saying he was great but there were worse, I thought he was unlucky to get hooked

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I disagree that he was crap. In the opening minutes when we got the ball on the ground he was finding good space. Then we went to launch it upfield mode. Anyway I’m not saying he was great but there were worse, I thought he was unlucky to get hooked
I thought he was pretty terrible. First 10 or 15 minutes he was decent (as were most of our team) but it went downhill rapidly from there. He was one of many underperformers on the night (I think only Matic and Lukaku played well) but it was definitely a poor individual performance from Jesse on the night. To be honest, I don't even know why he was on the pitch. I think he's been a revelation this season and feck knows where we would be without him but after the impact Mata had against Palace and Liverpool it's a complete fecking mystery why he didn't start ahead of Lingard.

Web of Bissaka

Average positions from last night. He was clearly playing about as advanced as he could have hoped to play.
Rashford too narrow? Seems like he's the only one that provides the width. I think the map doesn't take into consideration his change of position to the left 2nd half, hence combining it to look like he's playing centrally.

That aside, yeap, our attacking players are playing too narrow, that's what you get with both playing Lingard centrally and Sanchez on the left. Sanchez will move narrow anyway, and won't provides the width on the left, he needs the LB for that. Both Lingard and Fellaini are too narrow, and they're all over the place. Both at times playing like they're at CAM #10.

(source)

No good structure. No way this team tonight are able to move and keep possession upfield and start attacks from the backs. Our defenders also struggle because of this and had to rely on long ball strategy, maybe that's the only game plan. Bad tactical selection by Jose.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Rashford too narrow? Seems like he's the only one that provides the width. I think the map doesn't take into consideration his change of position to the left 2nd half, hence combining it to look like he's playing centrally.

That aside, yeap, our attacking players are playing too narrow, that's what you get with both playing Lingard centrally and Sanchez on the left. Sanchez will move narrow anyway, and won't provides the width on the left, he needs the LB for that. Both Lingard and Fellaini are too narrow, and they're all over the place. Both at times playing like they're at CAM #10.

(source)

No good structure. No way this team tonight are able to move and keep possession upfield and start attacks from the backs. Our defenders also struggle because of this and had to rely on long ball strategy, maybe that's the only game plan. Bad tactical selection by Jose.
Well, exactly. With Sanchez and Rashford swapping flanks at half time I think we can pretty much ignore whatever those images tell us about how wide they allegedly played.

ti vu

Thanks for finding and posting this.

There is no excuse. He's a good option to have, but he is not starter material. This is without hindsight. I said similar not long ago when he's in better form.

People on Matic thread and post match thread argued that Matic had Fellaini stayed with him in midfield, but both eye check and stats showed that he was left with much to do when both Lingard and Fellaini despite their effort to gets back into position, were too advanced up the pitch leaving Matic with too much midfield work to do. More frustrating is we relied on makeshift full back to provide width while everyone stayed so narrow

Jngun

Our next number 10...... jeez.
Recently he's played more as a box to box midfielder. Definitely not his position- he is pretty good at no 10 in an attacking 4-2-3-1, we just rarely see that at the moment.
It was him that had Sanchez in space inside the box behind him but didn't know he was there wasn't it? Criminal from a number 10 to lack that awareness. Everyone seemed to lack it tonight though.
For someone who suppose to be our 10 , the guy can't even pass the ball in front of player's feet ( triangle in fifa ) . Use him as impact sub instead , his movements is useful against tired opponent

Eddy_JukeZ

Despite the massive improvement from him this season, he's not first XI material imo.

Great squad player though.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm giving him and most of the players a pass tonight. Super perky Jesse has lost his mojo ever since Sanchez rocked up and now his manager is talking shite. It's too destabilising at the moment. Not surprised his good performances have dropped off considerably.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Yes but we have to give him a pass for this poor and multiple other poor performances because of those good games in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.