Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Don't agree.
I don't think he's any worse than squad players like Iwobi or the like at other clubs
He's worse imo.

This guy has good movement on the pitch but that's it. He can't pass, can't cross and can't shoot properly on the goal. Pointless player to have on the pitch. Even his defensive side is very overrated.

He's the kind of player that should only play in pointless cup games or when we have an injury crisis in the attack.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He's worse imo.

This guy has good movement on the pitch but that's it. He can't pass, can't cross and can't shoot properly on the goal. Pointless player to have on the pitch. Even his defensive side is very overrated.

He's the kind of player that should only play in pointless cup games or when we have an injury crisis in the attack.
Lingard is useful against teams like Burton. Any team with good organisation can handle lingard's movement.

The above clip sums up Lingard well, gets into a good position but doesnt have speed or strength to get off a shot.

el3mel

Lingard is useful against teams like Burton. Any team with good organisation can handle lingard's movement.

The above clip sums up Lingard well, gets into a good position but doesnt have speed or strength to get off a shot.
Even if Sanchez had let him go, he would have missed it anyway.

Antonedwin

Even if Sanchez had let him go, he would have missed it anyway.
fall on his arse just by a soft push that's what i hate from lingard, it doesn't matter how good he is at anything ,if he got shrugged off the ball easily
he has light & small bone, and weak genes, no amount of gym work can fix it

i thought mourinho hate soft player, but he has keep mata and gave new 100k contract to lingard

Last edited:

In Rainbows

Yes, he was trying to be direct. He was making runs, trying the more difficult pass. Meanwhile Martial sat there and waited for the ball to feet so he could cut in like always. We had more chance winning with Lingard on the pitch than Martial. All this over the top criticism for Lingard is uncalled for. Not everything came off but he fecking tried to really take the game to Huddersfield. Not once did he hide out there. We didn't lose because of him, people need to chill out. I feel the need to defend him because he certainly was not the as bad as some of the others. He was NOT the problem. He gets so much shit.
You obviously do not like Martial. Martial tried to create with his dribbling as he's the best at it in the club. He didn't have success like he usually does. That's part of the reason why he had an awful game. He didn't hide though so why you stick up for Lingard for that reason, but not Martial confuses me. I can't help but label you as some kind of Martial hater because of your inconsistency. Too many players shirk responsibility on the pitch which is why I wanted Martial and Rashford on at the same time. I completely understand why Martial was taken off though as his discipline was crap and could have gotten sent off.

Lingard was trying and he was part of many movements where he was good in the buildup. However, he could not pull off the final pass to give United that great scoring chance. That was Lingard's problem and why he also had a bad game. Similar to Martial in that it just didn't come off, though neither player hid. Problem is that people are losing patience with Lingard because he hasn't proven to be that great attacking force who goes on great runs for extensive periods of time like Martial or Rashford do. He's not young.

haram

You obviously do not like Martial. Martial tried to create with his dribbling as he's the best at it in the club. He didn't have success like he usually does. That's part of the reason why he had an awful game. He didn't hide though so why you stick up for Lingard for that reason, but not Martial confuses me. I can't help but label you as some kind of Martial hater because of your inconsistency. Too many players shirk responsibility on the pitch which is why I wanted Martial and Rashford on at the same time. I completely understand why Martial was taken off though as his discipline was crap and could have gotten sent off.

Lingard was trying and he was part of many movements where he was good in the buildup. However, he could not pull off the final pass to give United that great scoring chance. That was Lingard's problem and why he also had a bad game. Similar to Martial in that it just didn't come off, though neither player hid. Problem is that people are losing patience with Lingard because he hasn't proven to be that great attacking force who goes on great runs for extensive periods of time like Martial or Rashford do. He's not young.
Don't want to turn this into a debate about Martial. He is very one dimensional and his mentality has been under question before, I'll just leave it there. Lingard and Martial's contribution was not similar. Martial is only really able to do one thing, which is cut in and dribble. Lingard tried different things, tried difficult things. Martial stays in his shell and it isn't good enough. On top of that, he was being a bit petulant. He did not look right at all.

Velvet Revolver

Don't want to turn this into a debate about Martial. He is very one dimensional and his mentality has been under question before, I'll just leave it there. Lingard and Martial's contribution was not similar. Martial is only really able to do one thing, which is cut in and dribble. Lingard tried different things, tried difficult things. Martial stays in his shell and it isn't good enough. On top of that, he was being a bit petulant. He did not look right at all.
Martial has his off days. But i think in his off days too he is better than Lingard. Not to mention he is much younger as well. The likes of Lingard will always be a very limited squad player and should be given an odd 10-20 mins to relieve the other players. He is not good enough to provide quality or change the game either. Yes he can run and thats about it.

NK86

So Lingard cannot dribble, cannot make difficult passes, doesn't score or assist near enough, cannot cross, doesn't have enough pace or strength or guile - yet it's Martial who is one dimensional and stays in his shell. Yeah why not. You obviously are objective without any agenda against Martial.

lawliet354

So Lingard cannot dribble, cannot make difficult passes, doesn't score or assist near enough, cannot cross, doesn't have enough pace or strength or guile - yet it's Martial who is one dimensional and stays in his shell. Yeah why not. You obviously are objective without any agenda against Martial.
One dimensional doesn't mean shite though, Robben probably is the most one dimensional player I've seen and he's still one of the best winger I've seen, last game is just an off game for Martial where his emotion got the better of him

Lingard is just someone who runs a lot, and have ability to find space, he has his uses especially if he come off the bench in last 15-20 minutes where the opponent's already tired, but as a starter he's almost always guaranteed shite

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
If Lingard starts it means that our team is nowhere good enough to win the title.

It s not against him but he s actually poor in almost every area and if he wasn t English he would have already been in the Turkish League.

It also means that our starters are not good enough also if Lingard can be seen as a solution

Kostov

A simple question for you, if Martial is one dimensional by some standards of yours, what does that make of Lingard? None dimensional?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
:lol: Spot on.

Canagel

We will never win the league with Lingard in the squad. It's as simple as that.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He's absolute dross. If we'd signed a foreign player with the exact same skill set from another league, no one would want him; he'd be another Lindelof. But because he's a local lad his lack of talent is actually defended.
Actually sounds about right. Sadly.

I had hoped Lingard would make it here, especially after SAF's comments about him being a late bloomer etc. But at best, he should have a squad role when we need to close/see out games, but when we're in dire need of a game changer, he still wouldn't be the ideal sub.

Trizy

We will never win the league with Lingard in the squad. It's as simple as that.
Or Young, or Mata, or Darmian, or Fellaini, or Lindorf.

At least the above names can put it some sort of a shift. Lingard is a championship player.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If Lingard starts it means that our team is nowhere good enough to win the title.

It s not against him but he s actually poor in almost every area and if he wasn t English he would have already been in the Turkish League.

It also means that our starters are not good enough also if Lingard can be seen as a solution
This has a lot of truth in it. Lingard would struggle to get 20 appearances for any of the top 6 sides as he’s poor. Would rather have Welbeck as a squad player any day of the week. In fact I can think of a few United past youths playing who would be better here.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Actually sounds about right. Sadly.

I had hoped Lingard would make it here, especially after SAF's comments about him being a late bloomer etc. But at best, he should have a squad role when we need to close/see out games, but when we're in dire need of a game changer, he still wouldn't be the ideal sub.
Wages wise he has more than made it here. But when someone like Johnathan Walters poses more threat then you really need to be taking stock!!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Wages wise he has more than made it here. But when someone like Johnathan Walters poses more threat then you really need to be taking stock!!
Aye. And it's not like he hasn't been cut slack, especially in terms of been given opportunities. He's had enough opportunities. It's a strange one. IMO, he doesn't do much wrong, but also just not much, or anything he absolutely excels at to warrant a place at a top 6 club. Tbf, he hasn't been a regular starter this season though.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
hes a busy little player but he does nothing.

I would look to move him on in the summer if I was the manager - he is not an elite player - not near it.
If united want to challenge for titles and european cups they need to have elite players in nearly every position

Kostov

Aye. And it's not like he hasn't been cut slack, especially in terms of been given opportunities. He's had enough opportunities. It's a strange one. IMO, he doesn't do much wrong, but also just not much, or anything he absolutely excels at to warrant a place at a top 6 club. Tbf, he hasn't been a regular starter this season though.
To be fair he does nothing to contribute to us scoring goals, which is why he is in the team. With that alone he does a lot of things wrong.

Skeezix

Always nice to see a young player taking his chance.

jk, he old
Forever young he is. :D
Found his level really. League cup, FA cup are his speciality. Not to fussed so long as he doesnt play Premier league or Champions league games.

Status
Not open for further replies.