Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Maybe he doesn't feel the need to justify himself to someone who referred to Lingard's performance as "fantastic".

He did okay but on the idiotic spectrum you might be at the other end but you're certainly on it with those choice of words. If that was "fantastic" then I struggle to see how you manage to avoid death by repetitive orgasm when you see a player actually perform well.
yeah, he was fantastic when he came on, and changed the game for us. Is that OK for you Oscie?

Devil may care

I thought Mata should have come as we needed someone to link the attack and midfield, which isn't Lingard's strong suit, and then he was dreadful with that chance that could have killed the game off.

Get off his arse you fecking losers. We won.
Really? I guess being a mod means the not insulting posters thing doesn't count.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I thought Mata should have come as we needed someone to link the attack and midfield, which isn't Lingard's strong suit, and then he was dreadful with that chance that could have killed the game off.

Really? I guess being a mod means the not insulting posters thing doesn't count.
Give it a rest.

Minimalist

Reads like Trump :lol:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
It's a difficult game to get into, he did do well linking up with Valencia and making that cross for Lukaku's header which hit the post but apart from that it wasn't the best of cameos. Really should have done better for his chance.

Oscie

It's a difficult game to get into, he did do well linking up with Valencia and making that cross for Lukaku's header which hit the post but apart from that it wasn't the best of cameos. Really should have done better for his chance.

Fair analysis.

Sorry I mean: It was world class!!! You make me sick

kundalini

Through on goal was horrible. Poor touch cost him even before he got to the box. Then a wild shot off-target.

Superb cross for Lukaku's header against the post.

I thought he was unlucky not to start but didn't do himself any favours wasting such a great opportunity.

Ace of Spades

He works hard, so that is always a positive I think. He is an okay player, atleast he does not completely disappear like Mkhitaryan.

Verminator

A good player but one whose finishing let's him down many a time. What's with the aggreasing are you his wife?
What the hell is aggreasing?
Today he got our midfield back into a game that was slipping away. Mid-week he scored both goals to get us into the next round of the cup.
Yet his detractors still come on here to slate him.
I'm not his wife, as you'd already guess, I'm just a United fan who supports his team and doesn't go out of his way to attack our players, especially when they have been doing well for us.
Can you get your head around that precious?

Pace Abuser

That miss was reminiscent of his run against Leicester under LVG when a win would have helped us make top 4 and we didn't.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Today he got our midfield back into a game that was slipping away. Mid-week he scored both goals to get us into the next round of the cup.
I'm not his wife, as you'd already guess, I'm just a United fan who supports his team and doesn't go out of his way to attack our players, especially when they have been doing well for us.
I’m a United fan also but am I missing something? Lingard scores 2 and played well against a shadow Swansea team. Thinking Lingard is doing well is a stretch too far imo as he’s been shite mostly.

itso 7

Precious? That would be you lol as if you don't have anything better than come in as opinion police on a forum which is quite idiotic if I might add. The run and the miss summed up his United career to date in that prior to the finish it was great use of intelligence that gave him a look in but his lack of composure when it mattered let him down - a perfect illustration of his strengths and weaknesses as a player! There was absolutely no need to bitch about and talk down the quality of my posting as if you calling it good puts food on my table. feck off..

Kostov

Maybe he doesn't feel the need to justify himself to someone who referred to Lingard's performance as "fantastic".

He did okay but on the idiotic spectrum you might be at the other end but you're certainly on it with those choice of words. If that was "fantastic" then I struggle to see how you manage to avoid death by repetitive orgasm when you see a player actually perform well.
How can someone watch those 30 minutes of play served and describe it as fantastic, is beyond me. :lol:

Oscie

How can someone watch those 30 minutes of play served and describe it as fantastic, is beyond me. :lol:
It's truly bizarre. I've never seen a player so responsible for such redefinition of words.

Awful = Decent

Poor = Good

Average = Fantastic

Lingard lexicon. Maybe I'm wilfully ignoring it elsewhere on the Caf but I can't think of a single other player (going by the 'performances' threads) who a certain element of members resolutely refuse to accept that they ever play badly, as is the case with Lingard. Today I thought he did okay, he wasn't that influential on the game, not sure anyone expected the chance to end any other way, but he didn't negatively impact the team when he came on so he did alright.

"Fantastic"

It's head-scratching.

Last edited:

el3mel

I don't think he was that bad, provided some good energy for the team in midfield. This run and finishing were the disappointing thing. He can't score unless the opposite team is giving up as Swansea or in Cup finals at Wembley. :lol::lol:

Kostov

It's truly bizarre. I've never seen a player so responsible for such redefinition of words.

Awful = Decent

Poor = Good

Average = Fantastic

Lingard lexicon
I remember 3 things he's done today. His attempt to get past a Spurs player when he was dispossessed easily, his cross for the Lukaku header and that chance through on goal. That's it. Fantastic :houllier:

Oscie

Still think the way he plays is close to indistinguishable to how you'd expect a 18 year old making his second or third first team appearance ever to play.

Verminator

Precious? That would be you lol as if you don't have anything better than come in as opinion police on a forum which is quite idiotic if I might add. The run and the miss summed up his United career to date in that prior to the finish it was great use of intelligence that gave him a look in but his lack of composure when it mattered let him down - a perfect illustration of his strengths and weaknesses as a player! There was absolutely no need to bitch about and talk down the quality of my posting as if you calling it good puts food on my table. feck off..
What is this gibberish?
My opinion is that some will look for anything to support their agenda, against one of our own players.
It was not aimed at you in particular, but if it comes to food on the table, watch out for ze seagulls following the waiter.:lol:

itso 7

That miss was reminiscent of his run against Leicester under LVG when a win would have helped us make top 4 and we didn't.
That's the thing with him ain't it? He does a lot of things well bit with the way we play these sort of misses can and have proven to be costly but hey pointing that out means you are not a proper United supporter.

Oscie

That's the thing with him ain't it? He does a lot of things well bit with the way we play these sort of misses can and have proven to be costly but hey pointing that out means you are not a proper United supporter.
He does a few things okayish, IMO.

itso 7

What is this gibberish?
My opinion is that some will look for anything to support their agenda, against one of our own players.
It was not aimed at you in particular, but if it comes to food on the table, watch out for ze seagulls following the waiter.:lol:
If it was not aimed at me then why quote me if you wanted to express a general point? You came off as if you were after me for pointing out something genuine that holds Lingard back as a player.

Oscie

At least he is not giving the ball every other touch like our boy Mkhitaryan, who completely freezes at the first sign of intensity.
Sure but therein lies the problem. At nearly 25 with close to 100 first team appearances for the club, he really should move beyond the whole thing where we defend his performances by pointing to someone else who played shit in a particular game.

Sadly that's his level. He's always the 'sometimes not as bad as whoever it was who in the last game was shit' player.

prtk0811

Against the chance like he got first touch becomes very important to set up the goal and the angle where you need to shoot, and it was not good enough. If he shited the ball towards the goal centre with his first touch it would have been much simpler finish.

lsd

The Oracle
Was a fantastic cross from him terrible finish for his chance but overall he linked up well and was better than Mhki

Oscie

Don't particularly think the fluffed chance is that important. Actually good players make mess ups of those situations plenty of times too.

Verminator

If it was not aimed at me then why quote me if you wanted to express a general point? You came off as if you were after me for pointing out something genuine that holds Lingard back as a player.
Asking you to explain how a miss today "sums him up" but two great goals in his last game don't, was aimed at you.
There terrible posters bit, merely icludes you in the group for which this behaviour is to be expected.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
When he came on for Mkhi he instantly dropped down in midfield and stopped the Spurs midfield dominance that had been happening with Mkhi on the pitch. The whole dynamic changed due to that.

His talent is mediocre, but atleast he tries, unlike Mkhi who doesn't contribute at all defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.