Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
He is surprising me really, like i said against watford, he is very effective and annoying player (for opposition). I know we will need to improve on him to win the league and compete in champions league but his effort commitment and energy is why i think he should be preferred to Mkhi. In terms of quality on the ball there are some runs that lukaku makes that he just cannot make a pass to, but cant complain his effort and effectiveness. Good job from him. 2nd best player for us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The main thing he adds over Mkhi and Mata right now is speed and stamina. He helps us counter attack so much more by actually running away from defenders and midfielders with the ball, none of our other options can do that.

It's no surprise we've looked better counter attacking with him in the CAM, and with Martial/Lukaku who both run quick also.

kundalini

Lingard looked miles better than Mata and Mkhitaryan during the summer tour so I was a bit confused as to why they started the season, while he came off the bench for the last 15 or so mins.

If he isn't a better player than them right now, he must be enjoying an astonishingly lucky spell.

Remember he played well when we beat Chelsea 2-0 at home last season, and had a good game when we beat Man City 1-0 away under LVG.

Festive Sandvich

I'll eat humble pie all day long if he keeps playing like he is. His fearlessness running forward with the ball is so refreshing and he's absolutely the starting #10 at the moment.

Andersons Dietician

Can’t argue he’s had a massive impact in the last two games but for all the absoulutly great things he offers in that position I also feel he has some negative effects.
I can’t decide if Jose wants him as a false 9 or Lingard Just goes there forcing Lukaku and Martial wider than you’d want them to be for a starting position. It just makes what they are going to do be kind of predictable.

We played this in pre season with Miki and Pogba in the 3 and it had Miki further back and Martial and Lukaku’s movement was very different from what we see now and they complimented each other very well and drifted from central to outside and it opened up massive space for Pogba and Miki. Lingard plays it very differently and is more of a direct threat but he for me kinda effects the output of those 3.

Just wish he would get his foot on the ball sometimes and dictate play with his passing influence, he just for me needs to get a bit of a better balance and think about his options and runs sometimes.

His workrate, defensive contribution and Just willingness to attack space and drive the team on tho is amazing. Great performance today tho.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I've never underrated Lingard during his career here, but I've always seen him as a 6/10 type player, however, he was sensational today. I literally spent all game wanting him to on the ball through the middle and run at them. Damn, he was fecking good today.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
So effective in #10 role, fantastic week for him. Hopefully his form continues.

settembrini

So much better as a #10 than as a right winger. Hope we keep him in this position and he keeps delivering good performances.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Nothing player, local lad, runs around a lot, sell him in the summer

Balondor 2018?

Wayne's World

Still not a huge fan but If he keeps producing performances like today then I'll change my tune.

Just like Rojo, who I hated at LB but is an excellent CB. Lingard should only be played centrally for now on in

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a different player playing as a 10 like that behind a front 2. Easily his best position. Out wide he's meh. Like that, been brilliant and helps so much. Hopefully he keeps this up, though against City, not sure how much he can do with no Pogba. Definitely a front 3 to go forward with though.

Devil may care

Possibly his best game in a United shirt, should have had a hat-trick but 2 clinical finishes and some good running were a key part of us winning that game.

MoskvaRed

He’s a horses for courses player, better suited to the big games than against teams who come to defend deep against United. An ideal squad player and he’ll definitely start the derby next week.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Shit at celebrating. Good at football.

Very capable finisher, just erratic at it. A bit of consistency in front of goal and he can claim the #10 role for now. He's definitely doing better than Mkhi and Mata so far.

He ran about and local ladded all over the place. Hope he keeps this level local ladding going in to the Derby and locals all over them.

Djemba-Djemba

Harried superbly and took his goals really well. The first one especially was very clinical.

It's great to see him putting a run of form together.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Doing what Mhki couldn't, when we need it most, despite apparently not even being half the player.
That's basically it.
It seems strange but I think we have found our No.10 (until Ibra returns).

devil in me

A few months ago someone on here suggested that he was better than deli Alli. The poster was ridiculed. Not so sure that they would be ridiculed now. Put in a performance tonight that was absolutely fantastic .

stevoc

Very good tonight again fair play to him he's taking his chance to cement the no10 spot. Thats two games in a row now, let's hope he keeps this form up for a good run of games. Consistency has always been his main problem. Playing centrally suits him way more, he just isn't a winger but has been unfortunate to play the majority of his games there.

Posh Red

Is it possible we have been mousing Lingard all this time? I've heard folk who watch the youth teams say he's always been better centrally and he's not a winger. Recent performances would reinforce that. He never seemed like the type to breeze past a full back but has great awareness and movement in the final third. Reminds me a bit of muller, but obviously not the same level.

Reactions: KM

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
A few months ago someone on here suggested that he was better than deli Alli. The poster was ridiculed. Not so sure that they would be ridiculed now. Put in a performance tonight that was absolutely fantastic .
That's taking bit too far and that's from someone who don't rate Alli as highly as half of Caftards does.

His performances are very good and encouraging. Hopefully he'll continue to play like this, about time we had someone decent playing behind striker.

Hawks2008

I'm usually one of Lingard's biggest critics but he was great tonight. If he can maintain this level he'll win me and many others over.

Status
Not open for further replies.