5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Stan Collymore: "Jesse Lingard should be considered in the same bracket as Kevin De Bruyne and Leroy Sane"

Last edited:

Sparky Rhiwabon

I have a feeling this thread will be absolutely jumping tomorrow.
I hope so. Lingard is a weird one - he's a local lad and I remember people were desperate for him to be given a chance prior to his breakthrough into the team. Then ever since he got into the team people seem to be wanting him to be dropped despite him playing better than a lot of more glamorous players.

Yagami

Good post resistant
A couple of nice through balls to Lukaku and Martial. He's doing alright.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Our best forward today, but gets taken off for some reason.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Should have stayed on, with Lukaku taken off instead.

Lingard caused them a lot of trouble and helped us transition up the pitch, if he'd carried on doing that with Zlatan up there to feed off it we could have got another goal.

AndyJ1985

Probably our best attacking player, which itself says a lot about the state of our front line. He'd get nowhere near that City team.

Devil may care

Ridiculous to sub him off as he was a threat on the counter and constantly putting pressure on them when they tried to play out.

MAME DIOUF 32

Thought he carried the ball well and some of his passing was incisive. Our best outfield player.

iKeano

One of the best out there today. I’m a big critic, but he gets what it is to play City and he bust a nut today. Fair dues.

NK86

Ridiculous to sub him off as he was a threat on the counter and constantly putting pressure on them when they tried to play out.
Basically this. When the Zlatan sub was being made I was hoping it would be for Lukaku but felt it will be either Martial or Rashford. To take off your most in form attacker and one who was doing well is plain stupid from Mourinho and again clearly shows how he only cares for names and not how people are actually playing.

AndyJ1985

He was our biggest threat, which says a lot about the sorry state of our attack.

Donsangre

It's very strange to say that, after his sub our offensive play fall apart.
Im a Mkhi fan but I have to say that Lingard played reasonably weel. He had a few good runs and timely passes. I was shocked when Jose subbed him. Zlatan should retire and just go home. We really dont need him on the field.
I would play Martial Lingard Mkhi and Lukaku/Rash up front. Might work out. The problem is that these youngsters just keep passing each other.

T A

Please. Where the heck he was for almost 60 minutes? People made fun of Mkhitaryan's invisibility then feeling fine when their precious local lad was doing exactly the same. How laughable

Roy Keane_Tough

Please. Where the heck he was for almost 60 minutes? People made fun of Mkhitaryan's invisibility then feeling fine when their precious local lad was doing exactly the same. How laughable
Exactly my thoughts I thought he was invisible for most of the game.

Rightly subbed.

ti vu

Laughable is for a person who is keep his eyes closed and making stuff up. If Lingard were invisible this game, then I suggest you following a different sport.
--------------
He did quite well. One of, if not the best player today. Not sure why he got subbed either. Perhaps out of steam after running himself to the ground, box to box all game?

Last edited:

Jaybomb

Probably our best player. Not that it counts for much. They were all woeful today. Especially Lukaku.

T A

Laughable is for a person who is keep his eyes closed and making stuff up. If Lingard were invisible this game, then I suggest you following a different sport.
--------------
He did quite well. One of, if not the best player today. Not sure why he got subbed either. Perhaps out of steam after running himself to the ground, box to box all game?
Yeah. Just please check your eyes before criticizing others https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...e-2017-2018-Manchester-United-Manchester-City
  • Zero shots
  • Lowest passes (12)
  • Lowest touches (22) alongside Rojo (20)
  • Box to box all game for fun like a headless chicken
Still best player last night. That's exactly how laughable

stevoc

He was ok yesterday, not great not terrible just ok. We struggled to get the ball up the pitch to him so it's no surprise he was largely invisible.

In games like yesterday when we are getting swamped in midfield he needs to drop back more often to make it a 3 man midfield.

MadMike

He was ok yesterday, not great not terrible just ok. We struggled to get the ball up the pitch to him so it's no surprise he was largely invisible.

In games like yesterday when we are getting swamped in midfield he needs to drop back more often to make it a 3 man midfield.
That does not suit his skill set. If you're gonna do that, you might as well play Mata who can at least keep possession better and recycle the ball.

Lingard's quality is movement in the final 3rd, running and perhaps some composure in front of goal. He's good for counter attacking football as a support striker or #10 but personally I don't really see how he could play in a midfield 3. Or how he'd make the best option for that.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Lingard put a great through ball to Lukaku, put in a shift in midfield and helped nullify Silva and KdB. Definitely better than Mkhi in his last few games.

MadMike

Lingard put a great through ball to Lukaku, put in a shift in midfield and helped nullify Silva and KdB. Definitely better than Mkhi in his last few games.
Better than Mkhi, sure. Not sure how he helped nullify Silva and KDB though. They were being picked up by Matic and Herrera respectively, not by Lingard. And we didn't exactly nullify them as they ran the show. They don't have to score to have an impact in the game, they are midfielders after all.

meninred

To me I a m bit surprised he played him as the no.10 position for first time in such a crucial game. He did alright but the jury is out there if he is the solution. This also underlined our need for playmakers in the team.
I always think this team is a few players away from winning the premiere league.It is currently a top 3 team.I remember Mouriniho saying he needs three transfer windows before winning.
it is job of the coach to know exactly how many players he needs and which type and positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.