Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Coz Mourinho is a plonker who cares more about the name on the shirt than the actual performances on the pitch
If that was true Rooney would still be playing for us. Mourinho never takes his striker off, I don’t see how people haven’t realised this yet. The same complaints were made about Zlatan last season never being subbed off.

stevoc

That does not suit his skill set. If you're gonna do that, you might as well play Mata who can at least keep possession better and recycle the ball.

Lingard's quality is movement in the final 3rd, running and perhaps some composure in front of goal. He's good for counter attacking football as a support striker or #10 but personally I don't really see how he could play in a midfield 3. Or how he'd make the best option for that.
Oh i agree mate it definitely wouldn't suit him. But what i mean if we are getting overrun in midfield and outnumbered like yesterday and if he's on the pitch then he has to drop in to just be another body in there and try to help out.

As it was we could barely get the ball never mind get the ball to him in the final 3rd where his strengths lie. He and Lukaku were isolated at the other end of the pitch with the game passing them by, one of them should have dropped back to help out and Lingard is the more suited of the two.

ti vu

Yeah. Just please check your eyes before criticizing others https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...e-2017-2018-Manchester-United-Manchester-City
  • Zero shots
  • Lowest passes (12)
  • Lowest touches (22) alongside Rojo (20)
  • Box to box all game for fun like a headless chicken
Still best player last night. That's exactly how laughable
Just as I suspect, trying to be stats expert without applying football context. David Silva, Gabriel Jesus in a more offensive team with dominant possession stats come out with 1 shot all games each! Jesus played majority of his minutes as furthest player in City formation.

Lingard was not focal of attack and we try to bypass midfield battle by going direct to Lukaku. Lukaku failure to win as duel, bad lay off from Rashford, bad passes from players from the back... does not equal to a player with fewest touches having a bad game if one understand football. The way we approach Lingard did plenty good off ball, putting a shift to press and stifle City. As I said, perhaps follow a different sport may help or support L'pool where you're wonderful by shooting all games from impossible angle

Last edited:

Donsangre

He was ok yesterday, not great not terrible just ok. We struggled to get the ball up the pitch to him so it's no surprise he was largely invisible.

In games like yesterday when we are getting swamped in midfield he needs to drop back more often to make it a 3 man midfield.
Same shit as Mkhi was doing. Stop it please. Its all about the game style. We cut air to our number 10 by playing this stupid game.

T A

Just as I suspect, trying to be stats expert without applying football context. David Silva, Gabriel Jesus in a more offensive team with dominant possession stats come out with 1 shot all games each! Jesus played majority of his minutes as furthest player in City formation.

Lingard was not focal of attack and we try to bypass midfield battle by going direct to Lukaku. Lukaku failure to win as duel, bad lay off from Rashford, bad passes from players from the back... does not equal to a player with fewest touches having a bad game if one understand football. The way we approach Lingard did plenty good off ball, putting a shift to press and stifle City. As I said, perhaps follow a different sport may help or support L'pool where you're wonderful by shooting all games from impossible angle
Okay so 12 passes per game were good enough for the guy playing as playmaker, as a bridge linking our midfield and attackers to be voted United's Man of the match, then I have nothing more to say. 12 fecking passes, take a bow my friend.

And for the next time, if you had ever suspected something, you should have spoken about it first, in your previous comments. So that people could know that you didnt make things up everytime you said "Just as I had suspected".

I was there when Lingard played the best match of his career against Arsenal (check my previous comments), i am here now and i will be there again anytime Lingard has a lucky performance to remind everybody how *beep* player he is and that we must neither rely on him nor give him a starting role in any single case. I'm just a poster with my words, dont get me wrong with the likes of genius expert Carragirl or some poets outside

Minimalist

He's not been crap but he's been a bit invisible, which is noticeable given not many United players are playing well tonight.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He couldn’t have scored those goals at a worse time as this secured his spot in the subsequent games. Just a crap player.

MJJ

He couldn’t have scored those goals at a worse time as this secured his spot in the subsequent games. Just a crap player.
Poor half. Hope this isn't him resorting to type after a few good games.
He's not been crap but he's been a bit invisible, which is noticeable given not many United players are playing well tonight.
"Are you Gerrard in disguise?"
Lingardism.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
His passing(through balls especially) tonight have been way behind the level needed to make us tick upfront. He’s not had a great game, i just wish he had abit more composure on the ball. He is a very decent player and one worthy of Uniteds first team if he could just link the play abit better.

wc18

Really like him as a player overall but his passing this game in the final 1/3 was just terrible. Should have picked a pass to kill the game or scored himself numerous times. Jose read my mind on taking him off when he did

el3mel

He's not suited much to play against parked buses teams. He's excellent when we're going on the counter with other attackers to link up with him, but not as the main creator like today.

However he's not that bad really, I'll say a 6/10 performance, nothing more nothing less.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I thought Mata was doing his job for him. Maybe that was the plan. To have him run around while Mata comes inside and try to do something, I don't know.

ti vu

Okay so 12 passes per game were good enough for the guy playing as playmaker, as a bridge linking our midfield and attackers to be voted United's Man of the match, then I have nothing more to say. 12 fecking passes, take a bow my friend.

And for the next time, if you had ever suspected something, you should have spoken about it first, in your previous comments. So that people could know that you didnt make things up everytime you said "Just as I had suspected".

I was there when Lingard played the best match of his career against Arsenal (check my previous comments), i am here now and i will be there again anytime Lingard has a lucky performance to remind everybody how *beep* player he is and that we must neither rely on him nor give him a starting role in any single case. I'm just a poster with my words, dont get me wrong with the likes of genius expert Carragirl or some poets outside
Lingard was playmaking? No Sherlock. Watching that game for you to come up with that play making role, where our approach is clearly to bypass midfield, is baffling So let me make it simple for you. He helped the other midfielders to defend press, then try to run hard to support the forward when there was chance for few of our long ball being taken down well by our forwards. He ain't invisible. Press hard both end of the pitch and stay close enough with the forwards when necesssary. For us not to have more possession it's team issue with our forwards failed to win duel and bring the support players into play. Even in his best games, describing Lingard as play maker is a bad joke.

As for the latest game, he is frustrating player as we know. Get in good position that can lead to something just to mess thing up.

Donsangre

He has his uses but games like this really aren’t for him. Or shouldn’t be if we’re going to get back to the top
Its quite simple. We dont have a player that can carry the ball from deep and connect with our CAM. Mkhi used to be good at that but only when we are countering. Pogba does the job well and players like Lingard and Mkhi deliver it quickly to our attacking portion of the squad. Missing Pogba proves how limited we are. Jose has to play differently in the absence of Pogba. He tries to force the players to play long balls. Against City and Chelsea for example. This makes our 10s look like crap. He has to come up with a different strategy. He is supposed to be one of the best coaches out there. I dont know how but if he doesnt change, means he is not as good to me.

Walters_19_MuFc

I'd really like to see him dribble more, as he's actually pretty good at it when he gets going. Just see the goal he scored against Watford or Liecester.

Needs to be more selfish, in my opinion.

T A

This is exactly why i'm so anti Lingard. Picking him over Rashford/Martial is a criminal. We are losing talented players, future world class players, precious pearls for nothing

Minimalist

You can only assume he starts for the 'role' he plays (although I imagine his fitness/stamina is probably up there to handle more matches than some others). It's been mentioned before - he seems to avoid being dropped for poor performances (he was clearly our worst player during the week). Whereas Martial as example can have one off afternoon and that's him benched for a couple weeks.

SER19

Being coached really well and made a better player. Fair play Jose- top management

lsd

The Oracle
Did they change the rules for own goals this year or is it only for utd goals ?

The rule was always if it's on target It's the strikers goal .Now though you get this rubbish that the keeper might have saved it so It's an own goal

Status
Not open for further replies.