5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansa

He found acres of space in the first 30 minutes or so, and did very well in that period. We really should've had something to show for it, too. But he faded afterwards, and, predictably, he didn't do much after being moved out right after the break. He's not, and never will be, a good enough winger for Manchester United. If anything, he's more suited to being a more orthodox runner in a 4-3-3, and I can't for the life of me understand why Mourinho seems so reluctant to try him there. So easy to change the shape when we're conceding the midfield if you acknowledge that Lingard can do a very good job in that role, too.
Yeah, the first half hour really showed the improvement in his game. Direct, fearless and creative. We could be having an unexpected gem on our hands if he's used properly. Still not sure whether this is just the golden phase that every half-decent player goes through, but his potential at his very best can no longer be ignored.

borrays

Shouldve dropped deeper and help matic in the midfield. Bit dissapointed with him bcause he's the most important cog in our team if we ever want to play 4321 with sanchez and martial together.

Man Utd 2:0 Huddersfield

His movement is always so good but he has got to start doing more with it. He's in the middle of everything but so often he dithers or plays the wrong pass.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He’s playing in such a crucial area he’s inevitably going to be involved with most attacks, his movement that first half was superb but he just doesn’t have the ability with the ball, so many attacks end with him.

criticalanalysis

Great form and done very well the last few months. Deserved minutes and starts but in the long term it should be Martial/Alexis/Rashford on the wings with Pogba taking up attacking midfield duties (two behind him).

prateik

Probably the best movement in our team. Some of the runs he was making was amazing. Not his day as he couldnt find the right ball though.
Him bursting through and having that shot was nice too.. Too close to the keeper.

el3mel

Very good. Moved a lot in spaces after passing and kept us going forward with his direct approach and off ball movement.

haram

I liked his performance. Very clever runs and movement. Makes for good link play.

ShoePolish

High energy levels. He's really a handful at pressing from the front. Should either run his socks off pressing the opposition if he starts and then get subbed off at hour mark or kill the opposition with pace if subbed on at 2nd halves. Useful player to have in the squad, doesn't deserve the stick he's getting.

pseudo_canadian

He was combining with Sanchez really well. They clearly have a great understanding with each other, and they both work their asses off.

Hitchez

Him and Sanchez look like they could develop a real understanding once they play together a lot more. Both have excellent movement and link up play.

All 3 United

Mods now deleting anything negative with regard to ‘Lingod’

Lowest rating from the starting 11 in the match day thread today.

He’s being deployed in a very pivotal spot in the team, so he plays a big part with most attacking moves but he’s simply not got the touch, quality or speed to be that key player which unlocks the oppositions defence. If we do sign a couple of quality CMs perhaps Pogba could play this role?

Oscie

Thought he did well yesterday. Difficult to leave him out. He's finally looking like a United player. Now's the point where we all pretend he's always played like this, right?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

He’s being deployed in a very pivotal spot in the team, so he plays a big part with most attacking moves but he’s simply not got the touch, quality or speed to be that key player which unlocks the oppositions defence. If we do sign a couple of quality CMs perhaps Pogba could play this role?
Yeah that doesn’t happen.

R10Football

Maybe i was watching a different game. Idk, if he was playing the 10 role, but i didnt see anything of substance. Id rather Martial played so and so the second striker role, or sanchez play the 10 and martial the left side.

I fear, we are edging toward lingard being the main player for the 10 role, or the right wing and though he is okay. Thats the role arguably the best players in the world occupy as it's the role that controls everything around it. Lingard is not at that level and he never will be.

I hope we got Fekir in the summer

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Maybe i was watching a different game. Idk, if he was playing the 10 role, but i didnt see anything of substance. Id rather Martial played so and so the second striker role, or sanchez play the 10 and martial the left side.

I fear, we are edging toward lingard being the main player for the 10 role, or the right wing and though he is okay. Thats the role arguably the best players in the world occupy as it's the role that controls everything around it. Lingard is not at that level and he never will be.

I hope we got Fekir in the summer
We got Mkhitaryan, DiMaria and other big names in the club and Lingard outperformed them I have no fear for him, just because he doesn't score every game doesn't mean he played badly, with cleverley-esque McTominay in midfield who couldn't pass the ball anywhere forward just to lay it off to Valencia and Slow Matic, Lingard find difficult to get a proper ball from midfield, the same with Mata who likes to pass the ball back too much.

He made a great run forward and nearly scored on his own, he was also involved in before Sanchez dived when he looped the ball to Chilean.. that's already two chances and some nice interplay with him, one twos, noone in the team seams to be capable of that when everyone is passing the ball to the next player. I don't think it was a bad performance, we play just terribly slow for someone like Lingard to make things happen. If we pressed higher up the pitch he would be scoring every week. Mourinho just likes his team to sit back like in some retro movie...

shame we can't just play quick modern football as it would suit all of our players more IMO, not just Lingard. As for Fekir, he looks great but there is a big question mark over his ability in the premier league. French league is really a shit league. Depay looks like a worldbeater there with all the time on the ball.

Martial for me playing the second striker role wouldn't be a good decision, we really struggle to get the ball from midfield to attack and he struggles without the ball, unless we play diamond or with 3 at the back which seemed to work pretty well until we stopped using it..

Reactions: sizzling sausages

R10Football

We got Mkhitaryan, DiMaria and other big names in the club and Lingard outperformed them I have no fear for him, just because he doesn't score every game doesn't mean he played badly, with cleverley-esque McTominay in midfield who couldn't pass the ball anywhere forward just to lay it off to Valencia and Slow Matic, Lingard find difficult to get a proper ball from midfield, the same with Mata who likes to pass the ball back too much.

He made a great run forward and nearly scored on his own, he was also involved in before Sanchez dived when he looped the ball to Chilean.. that's already two chances and some nice interplay with him, one twos, noone in the team seams to be capable of that when everyone is passing the ball to the next player. I don't think it was a bad performance, we play just terribly slow for someone like Lingard to make things happen. If we pressed higher up the pitch he would be scoring every week. Mourinho just likes his team to sit back like in some retro movie...

shame we can't just play quick modern football as it would suit all of our players more IMO, not just Lingard. As for Fekir, he looks great but there is a big question mark over his ability in the premier league. French league is really a shit league. Depay looks like a worldbeater there with all the time on the ball.

Martial for me playing the second striker role wouldn't be a good decision, we really struggle to get the ball from midfield to attack and he struggles without the ball, unless we play diamond or with 3 at the back which seemed to work pretty well until we stopped using it..
Agreed. I just want us to find our balance without the loss to Martial, who is a potential World class player in the making. Sanchez would be better behind lukaku, lingard coming in from the right, martial on the left, pogba LCM, Matic DM, and get a quality CM to partner.

Brightonian

Except by scoring all those goals for us...

Brightonian

He’s improved massively and had a great December but let’s see the consistency come into his game.
I see it already. What do you want him to do consistently, score a goal a game like he did in December? He's continued to play well and is still scoring goals, if not at the same crazy rate. 9 goals and two assists in 15 games since the end of November.

Tapori

Here we see a player truly evolving. Mark my words, he'll be a crucial part of our squad in key moments n the seasons ahead. Love his link up play and will only get better playing with Sanchez.

All 3 United

I see it already. What do you want him to do consistently, score a goal a game like he did in December? He's continued to play well and is still scoring goals, if not at the same crazy rate. 9 goals and two assists in 15 games since the end of November.
No I just want him to perform outside of the bottom 2 players. even in the caf player rating.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
Please, please don't tell me that there are actually people that don't rate Lingard?

The man works his socks of for the side week in week out, plays well nine times out of ten, and has performed very well this season, there really should be no doubters left.

J_Red 11

He’s improved massively and had a great December but let’s see the consistency come into his game.
Such a lazy post! You are a type of person who wants to make agenda on a player, but you got no clue what to say and start making things up.

Please explain! What is this "consistency" you want? What are those "improved massively"? Be more specific!!

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's done what I wanted as a spectator. His goals and assists looks healthy. However, we want that to continue because then he will be a top top player. His movement is great. His running is very good and his shootings improving and I think we have a lot of talent in the youth. Players who had great potential. Jesse has had a lot of luck on his side, with the club being so patient for him to develop but they were correct. From my perspective, it he scores no more and has no more assists now until the end...that would be a disappointment. We want to see him maintain this form and output. 15 goals and 10/12 assists is doable. That would be healthy as we come to the business end and then he has to take that form into next season and see how far he can push it. He is setting himself a standard. He needs that hunger to keep pushing himself and I wish him well.

All 3 United

Such a lazy post! You are a type of person who wants to make agenda on a player, but you got no clue what to say and start making things up.

Please explain! What is this "consistency" you want? What are those "improved massively"? Be more specific!!
What are you on about? Consistency, where a player plays to a high standard not just in a few games or in this instance a month. He was good in December and the player ratings reflected this, however before and after this he hasn’t played as well and again the ratings reflect this. This is called being inconsistent. There is no agenda, you’re just searching for one because you don’t agree with me. However if you want to believe that Jesse has performed for the entire season and past seasons to the same decent level as he was doing during December, then you get on with it.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
What are you on about? Consistency, where a player plays to a high standard not just in a few games or in this instance a month. He was good in December and the player ratings reflected this, however before and after this he hasn’t played as well and again the ratings reflect this. This is called being inconsistent. There is no agenda, you’re just searching for one because you don’t agree with me. However if you want to believe that Jesse has performed for the entire season and past seasons to the same decent level as he was doing during December, then you get on with it.
Jesse Lingard is da best.

Status
Not open for further replies.