5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajma

If we're to play 433, imo him and Sanchez won't work, both are very prone to cutting inside. For the same of balance on either side we need someone hanging the touchline to stretch the play and beat his marker. Might be wrong but that's my general feeling, would a shame.

R10Football

Think the title is such an over exaggeration. A couple worldie goals, and he's automatically "undroppable" by some on here. It wasnt but just a few games ago, people were saying he is stealing a living. There was a reason, he is capable of being average. I want him to succeed, but jeez some people on here live off kneejerk performances.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Think the title is such an over exaggeration. A couple worldie goals, and he's automatically "undroppable" by some on here. It wasnt but just a few games ago, people were saying he is stealing a living. There was a reason, he is capable of being average. I want him to succeed, but jeez some people on here live off kneejerk performances.
yes it is

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No ?? Who would have thought ?

Ban

It's iKeano, he hates everyone and everything. Must be hard to live and be so miserable.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
He is currently undroppable, and as such should be playing as often as possible.

J_Red 11

If we're to play 433, imo him and Sanchez won't work, both are very prone to cutting inside. For the same of balance on either side we need someone hanging the touchline to stretch the play and beat his marker. Might be wrong but that's my general feeling, would a shame.
Works if they play in fluid front three.

Idxomer

Doing his best Mkhi impersonation today. Both his touch and passing are as inconsistent as ever.

JoaquinJoaquin

Said in the matchday thread, he needs to try and get involved more as the last few games he has kind of reverted to how he used to be. Still gets the benefit of the doubt from me for a bit longer yet though.

Sgeorge

Take him out..hasn't done anything good after that purple patch he had.

Djemba-Djemba

Terrible passing in that first half.

Felt like almost all our moves broke down with him just carelessly giving the ball away.

Big improvement needed in the 2nd half

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Hasn’t been good enough this half.

I will enjoy the knee jerk reactions though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't think playing with Sanchez suits him too much. Sanchez loves floating inwards and those are the positions lingard loves taking up. Makes him kind of pointless.

Not sure it'd make that much of a difference.
Considering Mata's best qualities are his touch and passing which have been non existent from Lingard, it definitely would. Plus more balance. Mata natural on the right, Sanchez goes in the hole. Martial left.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Why? Mata has been quite decent is most of his recent outings.
I thoroughly disagree, I don't think he's been anywhere near up to scratch this season. Last week he was very poor but got a free pass because he put in a good cross for Lukaku, he loses the ball frequently and passes sideways way too often.

Litch

Like him but just when you think he's turned a corner, he ends up putting in a performance like this. Another player that will be upgraded this summer.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Awful half. Almost killed every attack hes been apart of. Take him off for Mata.
I think Mata's been good recently, and has linked up well with Alexis better than anybody, but we'd still struggle because - like usual with this formation - we'll continue to be overrun in midfield. Matic can't do everything on his own. I'd opt for Herrera and play a 3 like at Everton where we just dominated them.

JoaquinJoaquin

Like him but just when you think he's turned a corner, he ends up putting in a performance like this. Another player that will be upgraded this summer.
I don't think he will be. In fact Jose has already said as much. I think Lingard should only be a squad player but seems Jose sees differently.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Lingard has barely played a good first half all season. You don't yank a player off at half time unless something is very wrong with him or the tactics. This half was business as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.