Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So happy about him and so happy to be proven wrong. I for sure, know I used to slate him a lot and unfairly too.
I don't expect him to score wonder goals all the time, any kinda contribution is appreciated. He is a proper Man Utd player.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I hadn't opened this thread for a while so these were the posts I saw when I did, after a poor showing from the whole team again a good Burnley side with him being played deeper.

Some feckers on here can't wait to stick the boot in. He'd been excellent for over a month prior to that but one quiet game and out come the usual brain dead comments.
I don't like overestimate players after run of good games or underestimate players after run of bad games. Every player has a part in his career when he plays in a life form. In my mind these 2 months can't erase last 2 seasons when he was average player. Of course that i am happy for him and if he stays on this form for longer time, i will gladly say that i was wrong.

Deleted member 101472

I don't like overestimate players after run of good games or underestimate players after run of bad games. Every player has a part in his career when he plays in a life form. In my mind these 2 months can't erase last 2 seasons when he was average player. Of course that i am happy for him and if he stays on this form for longer time, i will gladly say that i was wrong.
In Lingards case, it’s more fulfilling potential that was clear to see he had from a young age. Right now he’s playing the way he should be expected to

Hansa

So happy about him and so happy to be proven wrong. I for sure, know I used to slate him a lot and unfairly too.
I don't expect him to score wonder goals all the time, any kinda contribution is appreciated. He is a proper Man Utd player.
I think there are a few of us with bowed heads, hat in hand, who didn't see this coming. It may or may not be just a golden phase he's in at the moment, but I'm fully onboard the bandwagon.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I hadn't opened this thread for a while so these were the posts I saw when I did, after a poor showing from the whole team again a good Burnley side with him being played deeper.

Some feckers on here can't wait to stick the boot in. He'd been excellent for over a month prior to that but one quiet game and out come the usual brain dead comments.
Don't be so defensive. Even Pogba was criticized in here when he didn't perform.
Lingard was shite for the majority of his time here. So questioning his form is natural for many fans.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think there are a few of us with bowed heads, hat in hand, who didn't see this coming. It may or may not be just a golden phase he's in at the moment, but I'm fully onboard the bandwagon.
I am fairly sure it is a golden phase (I might be proven wrong again!) but Lingard has earned my total respect

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Don't be so defensive. Even Pogba was criticized in here when he didn't perform.
There's a difference between criticism and daft bullshit, which is what those posts were.

If there's been daft shit posted about Kane, which there almost certainly has, that doesn't make daft shit in here or elsewhere OK.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
There's a difference between criticism and daft bullshit, which is what those posts were.

If there's been daft shit posted about Kane, which there almost certainly has, that doesn't make daft shit in here or elsewhere OK.
Questioning Lingard when he didn't perform is "daft shit". Ok. People questioning Smalling, Jones, Matic, and Bailly also. Those are "daft shit" also. Ok.

lsd

The Oracle
If there is a better player in the world today I'd like to see him.

lol at the haters just waiting desperately for him to go three games without a goal so they can come on here and slate him.

J Lingz forever

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots

Sanchez is no.7, lingard is no.14
That means lingard is twice as good.
Quick mafs

Last edited:

El Jefe

So happy for him. He's enjoying himself on and off the pitch atm and his confidence is sky high.

Interesting point but he's already scored more goals in a season than Nani, Mata, Young or Valencia ever did for us. Those who watched him in the academy/reserves shouldn't be surprised because he was a goalscorer back then.

It makes people that linked his social media presence to his subpar performances last season look very silly now.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.

It’s nothing to do with sticking the boot in, I commented that I thought he had a good substitute appearance yesterday but have also been critical (as above) and on many other occasions. It’s about seeing what you see on the pitch after all this is a performance thread. Jesse had a great December and I think every single united fan would love him to add consistency to his game.

NoPace

want to see this

Lukaku
Martial - Alexis - Lingard
Pogbae - Matic​
I now think our 4-2-3-1 might eventually be:

Lukaku
Alexis - Lingard - Martial
Pogba - Matic
as Sanchez might have made clear where he likes to play, Lingard does the most intelligent work defensively and getting open without the ball and is the least pacy for 1 on 1 wide dribbling but seems to run well at defenders centrally, and I just don't see Martial being trusted centrally, though your lineup accounts for that too. But I think Mourinho will want Sanchez to have freedom and Lingard responsibility.

OfficialUnitedDogWalker

I have to say, I, like most here, used to dread seeing him in the starting lineup, but it is so refreshing to see a local lad prove his doubters (everyone) wrong. I really hope he keeps it up and gets better and better.

Sir Alex saw the potential in him, he said he would bloom around 24, so I'm glad that Mou has trusted him and managed to get the best out of him.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/what-sir-alex-ferguson-said-11785042

From what I've seen the last few months I see no reason why he can't become as good as Dele (I realise the age difference, however, it is clear Jesse is a late bloomer).

I know it is unlikely he will ever be world class but have we ever fielded eleven truly world class players?

Cheekiey

I think that's what we may see vs Spurs.
Hope so, Alexis in a free roll imo is way more lethal than having him out wide. Jessi proved that when he came on he can score and play well from the right (even though he played centrally, but drifted out wide) Jessi could potentially make that RW spot his own if he can adapt his form there. Im desperate to see Martial link up with Alexis as i think Alexis will take Martial's game up a level.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
At the start of his run, the Yeovil player actually tries to foul him by grabbing him by the neck. It didn't work.
Unstoppable!

Next game is at Wembley, so I think we can safely say Jessi has some more brilliance in store for us!
The scene has been set for him to score against Spurs.
I am expecting the goal, to be World class. Possibly goal of the season. ;)

Brightonian

I have to say, I, like most here, used to dread seeing him in the starting lineup, but it is so refreshing to see a local lad prove his doubters (everyone) wrong. I really hope he keeps it up and gets better and better.
Ah, no. Since when? Just because the 'he's Championship quality' crowd were louder doesn't mean you were ever the majority.

Pleased to hear you've come around though.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
How would everyone feel if we bought a RW (Mahrez?) this January window meaning it was between Jesse and Alexis for no.10 (assuming Martial continues to kill it on the left) and Jesse's form kept Alexis on the bench?
Mate, Alexis will not be on the bench.
Mahrez, Lingard & Martial will all be benched before Sanchez is.

Pace Abuser

Valencia would be on the bench and Sanchez would be playing RB before he's ever benched for anyone.

Sanchez is Jose's golden boy with how the transfer took place, from Wenger and under Pep's nose. Being a top 5 EPL player helps ofcourse.

Jonno

I used to defend him a few years ago on his old threads and vouched for his place in the squad when people were screaming for him to be sold, and I had people jumping down my throat that he would never improve.

Honestly, what good would it have been for one of the richest clubs in the world to sell him for 5m-10m to Everton or whoever when he showed glimpses of this kind of form, even if it was incredibly inconsistent, when he’s come from our academy, on low wages, no transfer fee and was happy to work hard and improve. What’s the advantage of freeing up his squad place 3 years ago when there were tonnes of room for improvement and sales all over the squad? It was always worth keeping him, in the hope that he hits a good peak level. Slight gamble but it’s paid off massively.

Too many FM managers on here, who back then saw he wasnt a wonder kid scoring every week at 17 years of age, and wanted him gone.

OneUnited24

I used to defend him a few years ago on his old threads and vouched for his place in the squad when people were screaming for him to be sold, and I had people jumping down my throat that he would never improve.
Thank you. Thank you for fighting for our Jessi

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's in a position where we when he plays well, some smart arse will comment here with "Fair play Jesse, always doubted him but good to see him proving me wrong, still think he's a rotation player though" and when he plays average "Reverts back to his old, usual self".

Btw, this season he has scored more goals than he had scored in his last two seasons combined. The majority of his goals has been brilliant too and largely self created.

POF

He's in a position where we when he plays well, some smart arse will comment here with "Fair play Jesse, always doubted him but good to see him proving me wrong, still think he's a rotation player though" and when he plays average "Reverts back to his old, usual self".

Btw, this season he has scored more goals than he had scored in his last two seasons combined. The majority of his goals has been brilliant too and largely self created.
This is absolutely right. On the counter attack he is lethal unless he actually has to pass the ball. I don't know if this is down to his decision making or the movement around him but as a team, United are really poor at using the extra man on the counter attack.

Sanchez showed more intelligence in one counter attack vs Yeovil than the rest of the team put together all season. If the team can become more clinical in transition it would make Jesse even more dangerous.

He has been fantastic over the last few months. He's playing with a real swagger now and it's great to see. His celebrations are even starting to grow on me.

Robbie Boy

Massive credit to him and Jose and the management team. He's been brilliant this season and I'm shocked by his his massive improvement.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It's actually feels really weird that I couldn't wait for him to get on the pitch. Dare I say, I was as excited to see him play as I was Sanchez. He seems to... score when he wants.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

Honestly, what good would it have been for one of the richest clubs in the world to sell him for 5m-10m to Everton or whoever when he showed glimpses of this kind of form, even if it was incredibly inconsistent, when he’s come from our academy, on low wages, no transfer fee and was happy to work hard and improve. What’s the advantage of freeing up his squad place 3 years ago when there were tonnes of room for improvement and sales all over the squad? It was always worth keeping him, in the hope that he hits a good peak level. Slight gamble but it’s paid off massively.

Too many FM managers on here, who back then saw he wasnt a wonder kid scoring every week at 17 years of age, and wanted him gone.
Imagine if we had sold him to Everton. We’d probably be looking to buy him back this summer for £70 million :D

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Jesse is a classic example of why we should all (and I include myself in this) be more patient with our younger players.

Not everyone can be a Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney or Messi and be world class at 20.

I’d never even heard of Vidic before he was 24-25.

Canagel

He reminds so much of Muller. Nothing spectacular but has the knack of being in the right place at the right time. That stuff you can't teach. You're either have it or you don't. Jesse has really stepped up this season and performed to the standards fans expect from United's forwards. I remember before the start of the year some of us (me included) were worried about bringing in just Lukaku (who took the place of Zlatan) and said it wasn't going to be enough because we needed more to fix our goal scoring struggles from last season .The only solution was for guys like Lingard, Martial, Rashford to step up and convert their chances if we were going to improve on it and they have all done really well. Even Rashford who has been out of form recently is only 1 goal behind his tally of last season and we still have 4 months to go of this season. Lingard has to start every game on current form and if he carries on like this it'll be difficult for Southgate to leave him out of the England starting 11 in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.